Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jul 5, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #2,614 of 3,093
it would be certainly nice to compare 11.28 to the one I have, but I think it sounds awesome with HD650. I also come across HD700, and they sound very bright, the highs are killing me, EQ helps but HD700s are so detailed, with f..k-kill highs. The comfort of them though .. the best I have ever felt.... back to the amp: after going optical, I have no issues, also I agree, above 44.1k 24 bit, it is impossible to hear the difference

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #2,615 of 3,093
it would be certainly nice to compare 11.28 to the one I have, but I think it sounds awesome with HD650. I also come across HD700, and they sound very bright, the highs are killing me, EQ helps but HD700s are so detailed, with f..k-kill highs. The comfort of them though .. the best I have ever felt.... back to the amp: after going optical, I have no issues, also I agree, above 44.1k 24 bit, it is impossible to hear the difference
Yes, I just found going optical will much reduce harsh highs making sound smooth! Mine is 2015 version. Does 11.28 have the same issue? Does Amanero USB module solve the problem?
BTW, I think the difference between 96khz and 44.1khz is quite noticeable.

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #2,618 of 3,093
Anyone here have a issue with the NFB 11.28 outputting static fiz sounding audio in the background when the volume knob is over half way? Speakers M-audio av40, Headphones AKG K712. Could it be because my NFB is 2 feet from my computer and is picking up interference?

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #2,619 of 3,093
Anyone using the 11.28 with HD800S?

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #2,620 of 3,093
Anyone here have a issue with the NFB 11.28 outputting static fiz sounding audio in the background when the volume knob is over half way? Speakers M-audio av40, Headphones AKG K712. Could it be because my NFB is 2 feet from my computer and is picking up interference?
I remember having something like a faint buzzing noise in very sensitive earphones with my Yulong Sabre DA8 and I found out it was related to a close wi-fi router. Try to make your audio gear clear from high frequency noise sources like wi-fi devices and wireless phones. Keep you cellphone away, too. Try using short and high quality cables.
In may case, I also realized that the earphone cable was the main way for the interference getting into the DAC.
My Yulong was capturing the noise regardless of the volume control, but this is explained for the fact that Yulong uses digital volume control, so the headphone amp is always like being at the maximum "analog" volume.

Jul 14, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #2,621 of 3,093
I remember having something like a faint buzzing noise in very sensitive earphones with my Yulong Sabre DA8 and I found out it was related to a close wi-fi router. Try to make your audio gear clear from high frequency noise sources like wi-fi devices and wireless phones. Keep you cellphone away, too. Try using short and high quality cables.
In may case, I also realized that the earphone cable was the main way for the interference getting into the DAC.
My Yulong was capturing the noise regardless of the volume control, but this is explained for the fact that Yulong uses digital volume control, so the headphone amp is always like being at the maximum "analog" volume.

THANK YOU! I have my router under my PC and you might have just solved all my problems!

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #2,622 of 3,093
Hello very silly rookie question.. i have nfb-11 for a while and using it for my hd 650 and its amazing but i am thinking about buying JBL LSR 305, can i attach them together without any problem and switching between speakers / headphones?

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #2,623 of 3,093
Hello very silly rookie question.. i have nfb-11 for a while and using it for my hd 650 and its amazing but i am thinking about buying JBL LSR 305, can i attach them together without any problem and switching between speakers / headphones?

i believe you can, through rca and there is variable or fixed line out.

Jul 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #2,624 of 3,093
Yes, you can connect to any active speakers or amplifier. If you are not using a preamplifier for the speakers, change the DAC settings to make the line output always variable, so you will not switch the output to the fixed position by mistake. The LSR 305 has balanced inputs on both connector (XLR end TRS). You will have to make a pair of special cables to connect to the NFB-11's unbalanced outputs. I believe it is OK to "unbalance" the balanced speaker input. Be careful to keep the speaker volume low the first time you test the connection. It is possible that switching to/from the headphones amplifier could cause a pop sound. Make sure the pop is not too loud before switching outputs with the speaker volume all way up. I had a NFB-15.1 that caused a little pop sound. My NFB-11.28 did not arrive, yet, so I can't tell if it has the pop. Just be careful until you find out how safe is to let the speakers volume up while switching the output.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back