Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jan 6, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #2,311 of 3,093
Hello,

I am hearing a kind of Buzzing from NFB11 (headphones and speakers as well) on some specific tracks or frequencies.
Is there a problem if I keep my speakers (A5X near the DAC or maybe there is another interference)?

Picture with my setup:

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #2,312 of 3,093
It seems I have solved it. A USB3.0 port on my MOBO (ASUS Z97-DELUXE) was the problem. I had near it the mouse and keyboad.
I moved the NFB11 to a USB2.0 port at some distance and the problem disappeared. Well, good to know.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,313 of 3,093
Hello,

I am hearing a kind of Buzzing from NFB11 (headphones and speakers as well) on some specific tracks or frequencies.
Is there a problem if I keep my speakers (A5X near the DAC or maybe there is another interference)?

Picture with my setup:

Nice desktop speakers. :)

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #2,314 of 3,093
Nice desktop speakers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep. Adam Audio A5X are an incredible pair for NFB11. And also the HD600. I put in the box Beyerdynamic T5p (brother of T1) since I started to use HD600. Not that T5p are bad (or the Beyer sound has a problem), but they are too "cold" and HD600 is enough for me at the moment. And also the Little Dot MKII is not linked to anything now, since A5X and HD600 provide the best possible experience.
The sound is clean, very natural and somehow neutral. A lot of detail. I tried to use the MKII as a preamp but it warmed too much and made them sound worse. Maybe the reason is related to the stock tubes, I will try to make an upgrade and try again. I have to admit that since I started to use A5X I hear all the details from the headphones in the speakers. So quite the same detail, which is really impressive.

PS. I listen to rock/soundtracks/classical. So these impressions are based on these genres. For electronic/techno stuff hard to say, some say not enough bass.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #2,318 of 3,093
Are the TXCO upgrades worth it? Not interested in specification upgrades that do not translate into real world improvements.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #2,321 of 3,093
  If you don't have jitter, then no. If you do, then it would be a big mistake not having them.

Jitter is mostly caused by USB correct? I've read that using a powered USB hub or blocking the VCC/GND pins would remove interference from dirty USB power?

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,322 of 3,093

I think it's plug and play. It should become plug and play with Windows when they include class 2 usb drivers, but at the moment the usb can be a pain. Of course there is SPDIF still.

Also, if anyone is wondering, it's also plug and play on Linux, since they support class 2 usb audio standard, just like OSX. 

I really do hope that Windows implements this soon, because the current driver situation is a mess.

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #2,323 of 3,093

Also, if anyone is wondering, it's also plug and play on Linux, since they support class 2 usb audio standard, just like OSX. 

I really do hope that Windows implements this soon, because the current driver situation is a mess.

They already did with Windows 10 build 14931 but not sure if it's widely available yet, or insiders only for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back