Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Dec 5, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #2,282 of 3,093
  Do you find the treble alright? I'd go for a warm, smooth source, maybe something akin to the Schiit Vali, or one of the cheaper tube amps out there? Or maybe the Jotunheim.
They were my "first" audiophile grade headphones and I could not listen to them from a neutral, slightly bright source today, which the Audio-gd amps usually are.

I haven't gotten the phones yet. If the treble is as serious as everyone is saying, I'll make sure to look the other way. Possibly at an M-Stage.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #2,283 of 3,093
  I haven't gotten the phones yet. If the treble is as serious as everyone is saying, I'll make sure to look the other way. Possibly at an M-Stage.

This graph demonstrates what believe is an accurate 3 - 6K rise - http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%5D=933&graphID%5B%5D=1053
However, because they are V shaped, with an elevated bass as well, it is hard to pick something that'll work for both.
The M-stage, aside from the other recommendations I made, is a solid choice. EQing out is also a possibility, though I don't do it myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #2,284 of 3,093
  This graph demonstrates what believe is an accurate 3 - 6K rise - http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%5D=933&graphID%5B%5D=1053
However, because they are V shaped, with an elevated bass as well, it is hard to pick something that'll work for both.
The M-stage, aside from the other recommendations I made, is a solid choice. EQing out is also a possibility, though I don't do it myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Pretty elevated treble - I'll look for something a bit warmer. 

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #2,291 of 3,093
I just ordered a pair of hd-650's and keeping an eye on amps. The goal is to only have to buy gear once that'll last and perform best at it's price. 

Originally planned to get a basic Schiit stack until being convinced to step up to a NFB-11

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #2,292 of 3,093
  are there any US-based resellers/retailers for Audio-GD products?

It's usually cheaper to buy direct from Audio-GD.
It's about five to six days from the time you make payment (thru Paypal) to when the unit arrives on your from door.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #2,293 of 3,093
Yeee I'm trying to avoid that shipping cost too haha

It's usually cheaper to buy directly from Audio-GD (including shipping) then buying Audio-GD products from a more local retailer.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,294 of 3,093
  Will nfb-11.32 be good as pairing with he-400i?
Anyone who tried this?

yep, it's fine....for me it was a good combo...cannot comment now as I'm using the nfb11 in another setup and the 400i are paired as per signature.

on the other hand audio is a personal thing......so hard to say if something that sounds good to one is also good for another. I can tell you that the nfb11 + 400i (''2nd edition'') was a pretty neutral combo (after a direct comparison with neutral recordings in a studio environment ) and didn't felt as if the nfb11 was underpowered for these headphones (but I am not listening at high volumes so ymmv).

my 2 cents are that you cannot go wrong with these 2 products, even in the long run....especially if you buy them at deal prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back