Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Apr 19, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #2,116 of 3,093
  can confirm that the 400i is a great combo with the nfb11 (2015)  - at least for my neutral seeking ears
airy and punchy sound imho

cool :D when did u get them? been looking to replace my 650s cus comfort issuesl, is the 400i nice and warm? also does the 400i have much clamp force? and is it comfy with glasses and for long period of time? 

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,117 of 3,093
can't help you with the glasses question

what would be a long period for you ?

no issue for me on the clamp force matter..... can't say I feel any pressure
once you set the right height for your head I don't see how you would have any issues with the comfort of the 400i, but then again I don't wear glasses
maybe if you have tall ears you might have a problem with the circular shape of the ear pads

I don't look for warmth in sound....neither do I search for clinical.....so neutral is what I like and the 400i sound great to me with the latest nfb11.
like I've said before, airy, punchy ...........and I might add easily: precise and clean

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #2,118 of 3,093
My unit was shipped today (Tuesday) so I'm hoping it'll arrive before weekend.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #2,120 of 3,093
check it out!

its perfect! 2 questions though:

1. it kinda has a tilt left and right, i guess the rubber feet aren't exactly on perfect - anyone else got that? not a huge, i mean i understand its a pretty big device and it would be tough to get those 4 tiny rubber feet on perfectly....

2. the volume knob seems to be kinda grindy when going from minimum to 25% volume, anyone else got that too? is that a big deal? i mean it would cost an arm and leg to send it back lol but seems to be sounding ok and working good.

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #2,121 of 3,093
can't say I know about the first problem.....and if I understand correctly the matter it really shouldn't be any problem at all.....didn't even look at such thing :)

as for the second, my volume knob is linear all over the rotation spectrum both in terms of potency and physical/mechanics
try to discuss matter directly with them, maybe it's an easy solution for the volume knob problem

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,122 of 3,093
  can't say I know about the first problem.....and if I understand correctly the matter it really shouldn't be any problem at all.....didn't even look at such thing :)

as for the second, my volume knob is linear all over the rotation spectrum both in terms of potency and physical/mechanics
try to discuss matter directly with them, maybe it's an easy solution for the volume knob problem

np i fixed the tilting issue with a small square of a postcard under the front left rubber foot - and i fixed the knob issue by pulled off the knob and cleaning off some dryed glue that was on there :D is good now :D

i do kinda feel like the nfb-11 is sharper (got a headache :frowning2:) then my o2odac, but it may be because i am exhausted and probably dehydrated, so gonna shower and take a nap and come back with fresh ears lol, otherwise i will eq down the treble a bit. 

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #2,123 of 3,093
that means knob was pushed in during transit

this is neutral sound.
can't see how this could be harsh :)
eq is never a good idea imho.....neutral sound is not forgiving with source quality though :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #2,124 of 3,093
  that means knob was pushed in during transit

this is neutral sound.
can't see how this could be harsh :)
eq is never a good idea imho.....neutral sound is not forgiving with source quality though :)

i have good source, all my music is flac on my computer. the o2odac is also neutral...but maybe its just cus im tired and i just got this, i'll try it again later.

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #2,125 of 3,093
if you can vouch for how those flac were made, alright
still the nfb 11 is not harsh, we just have to agree to disagree :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,126 of 3,093
  check it out!

its perfect! 2 questions though:

1. it kinda has a tilt left and right, i guess the rubber feet aren't exactly on perfect - anyone else got that? not a huge, i mean i understand its a pretty big device and it would be tough to get those 4 tiny rubber feet on perfectly....

2. the volume knob seems to be kinda grindy when going from minimum to 25% volume, anyone else got that too? is that a big deal? i mean it would cost an arm and leg to send it back lol but seems to be sounding ok and working good.

Nice! How's the sound with the HD 650s? I'll primarily be using the amp with them as well.

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #2,128 of 3,093
lol

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #2,130 of 3,093
god this is painfully sharp to me vs my o2odac.... guess im not a fan of "detail"....****, idk how to reurn it of if i should sell it on ebay or what now :S

I found it NFB-11 could be a touch bright with my HE-500s. After a little while I got accustomed to the brew sound and it no longer seems do bright. I got a Project Polaris hoping to tame the highs a tad. I usually have a hard time telling a difference (though on some songs a can tell the highs are a touch less harsh).

Give it a little time beefier you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back