Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Apr 15, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #2,101 of 3,093
which one did you get ? ( as I know the polish dealer runs old stock as well)  

if you got the latest  model, I'm enjoying it so far with the 555, so I think 650 should only be better
as for the 400 can't say.....only on the " i " variant I will be able to give you a layman's input next week....atm hoping for not too much warmth :)

even my desktop system enjoys it (if you intend to use it as dac only) - comparing to past studio experiences = really neutral sound signature (if you can call it a "signature" being neutral) which is great for me == jackpot for me at this price.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,103 of 3,093

that's the latest (and prolly final) model
so if you have my ears: enjoy :)

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #2,104 of 3,093
Thanks, btw, a few n00b questions about the NFB-11

The input switch and High/Low level Gain I do understand but could someone explain to me the purpose of that output switch? (HP/Variable/Fixed)

Also,

What's that switch between Optical and Coaxial? Is it just to switch between them?

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #2,105 of 3,093
  Thanks, btw, a few n00b questions about the NFB-11

The input switch and High/Low level Gain I do understand but could someone explain to me the purpose of that output switch? (HP/Variable/Fixed)

Also,

What's that switch between Optical and Coaxial? Is it just to switch between them?

The switch at the back is to turn on/off mute relay.
HP( headphones) = signal comes out through the NFB-11 1/4 jack
Fixed = signal goes though DAC part of NFB-11 and then straight to an external amp that you connect via DAC Out RCA
Variable = signal goes through DAC and amp of NFB-11 to an external amp and the volume of NFB-11 still works. Like a preamp.

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,106 of 3,093
  The switch at the back is to turn on/off mute relay.
HP( headphones) = signal comes out through the NFB-11 1/4 jack
Fixed = signal goes though DAC part of NFB-11 and then straight to an external amp that you connect via DAC Out RCA
Variable = signal goes through DAC and amp of NFB-11 to an external amp and the volume of NFB-11 still works. Like a preamp.

More noob questions. What's a mute relay? I understood the rest though.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #2,107 of 3,093
More noob questions. What's a mute relay? I understood the rest though.

Google has plenty of technical answers, but the 2014 version I had did not have the switch, hence triggered during wasapi and asio playback. It basically makes a tick sound and completly stops the playback for a second and ticks again to play. It happens everytime when you skip to next song, pause and play, and skip to parts of the song. Strangely, it never happened during directsound playback. It was very annoying of course, and the switch on the 2015 version completely migitates this problem.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #2,108 of 3,093
Google has plenty of technical answers, but the 2014 version I had did not have the switch, hence triggered during wasapi and asio playback. It basically makes a tick sound and completly stops the playback for a second and ticks again to play. It happens everytime when you skip to next song, pause and play, and skip to parts of the song. Strangely, it never happened during directsound playback. It was very annoying of course, and the switch on the 2015 version completely migitates this problem.

Now I know how the thing I ordered actually works which I should have known before I ordered it.

Thanks for the replies!

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #2,109 of 3,093
that problem is a software problem for the es9018
more expensive units address this problem with a module that adds an extra software control for the es9018.........although I cannot vouch for complete removal of the thing as I haven't heard any of the more expensive models

dsd is not that big anyway, but maybe for you it is and then you should have saved for the mid level dac/amps: 28 or 29.

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #2,111 of 3,093
  i am very upset with my audiogd purchase!! i have anxiety disorder and this has been killing me!!

- i sent money via paypal, but paypal didnt tell me that my payment would go through as an echeck cus i didnt have 2 payment methods stored until AFTER i sent the payment, so i had to wait a week just for the payment to go through, which is not audiogd's fault - but still very frustrating.

- i emailed them again and they said they will ship it 2 days ago and send me the tracking number, and they STILL didnt send it, and i sent them another email just now, and now i have to wait all day for them to reply at night time again and i dont know if they even shipped it yet or whats going on, all at the same time wondering if the nfb-11 will sound sharp/harsh/fatiguing cus so many people saying it does.... also its ******* SATURDAY now so i dont know if they will even reply til monday night and i just cant ******* take it anymore!! 

-all while dealing with abuse from my parents, and moving to live with them in pensacola florida which is HANDS DOWN the worst city i have lived in, in my entire life - it does not feel like america here at all, homeless people all over, people mean as can be and the weather hot and humid as hell!! minnesota was heaven in comparison, but god always has to **** me over and take away all the good things in my life.

gonna just try to file dispute with paypal and get money back. 

Take a chill pill...things take a lot of time when it comes to international dealing/shipping. They use DHL, so it shouldn't take so long to reach once they ship, also you have to wait until it updates on the tracking system. There is an increased volume in China right now, so there is a huge delay for some packages. Just take a step back and wait...because all you can do is wait...took me a long time to get my desktop setup completed. My HE-560 is still in delivery status after I've sent it 2 weeks ago in for repair.

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #2,112 of 3,093
  Take a chill pill...things take a lot of time when it comes to international dealing/shipping. They use DHL, so it shouldn't take so long to reach once they ship, also you have to wait until it updates on the tracking system. There is an increased volume in China right now, so there is a huge delay for some packages. Just take a step back and wait...because all you can do is wait...took me a long time to get my desktop setup completed. My HE-560 is still in delivery status after I've sent it 2 weeks ago in for repair.

right on thanks, yeah just gonna try to not think about it and be patient. hopefully they will send a tracking# by monday, that way ill know its on the way and audiogd is quite respected so im sure it will be fine, and either way it is paypal protected, just gotta be patient - main thing for future, if anyone plans to buy anything with paypal, make sure you got 2 payment methods stored!! (bank and a credit/debit card!!) BEFORE you send the money otherwise e-check can get very annoying!! 

also good news is that since they are 12 hours away - sunday night is their monday day - so monday morning hopefully ill get a good update from them! they have been very good about returning my emails, so hoping it will be fine! 

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #2,114 of 3,093
nfb-11 scheduled to be delivered wednesday!! (day after tomorrow!!) !! how exciting!!! i hope it goes smoothly!!! DHL!!! :D :D :D 

so beutiful!!

i like how they wrote"audio gd" and its in english but looks chinesey! 

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2,115 of 3,093
can confirm that the 400i is a great combo with the nfb11 (2015)  - at least for my neutral seeking ears
airy and punchy sound imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back