Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 24, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #814 of 2,577
Just get the R2R 11. I think after 54 pages it's pretty clear that the majority of this thread prefers the R2R 11.

EDIT: A vote between the NFB and R2R should be added to this thread.
Have not you made up your mind after all these months? Buy R2R 11 right now for your AKG K712 Pro and be happy, but NFB 11.28 emphasizes speed while R2R 11 does not emphasize anything, and that will be good for EDM, but I still do not know which of the two is best for signatures in the form of V.

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #815 of 2,577
Just put the Schiit Eitr in the chain with the R2R and I’ll be damned...the Schiit works! It actually does sound clearer. I gotta say I was a bit skeptical but alas, I was wrong.

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #816 of 2,577
Thats interesting! My R2R 11 probably gets a lot of jitter from my laptop.
What are other devices to make sound cleaner? I heard about Audioquest Jitterbug only.

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #817 of 2,577
Mine doesn't either. Makes no difference :p
Everything makes a difference!
Probably Kingwa discovered that the white labels color the sound a bit and removed them to achieve better clarity. :k701smile:
So you may even be lucky with the pure switches.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #819 of 2,577
Thats interesting! My R2R 11 probably gets a lot of jitter from my laptop.
What are other devices to make sound cleaner? I heard about Audioquest Jitterbug only.

I recently purchase an iFi Micro USB3.0 USB power conditioner/signal re-constructor and although it is quite expensive at $399 the improvement it has given me is too great for me to return it. It feels like I bought a new DAC. I was skeptical at first, but after listening I am impressed.

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #823 of 2,577
Thank you!
I don't know if I want to spend another $179 for the LED lol

Someone suggested trying a powered usb hub so I will let you guys know the result

I have been using iTunes and VLC. I will try that software too
Based on the soundfile posted earlier, the buzzing sound has nothing to do with the software used. If unplugging your keyboard solved the issue, then that's narrowing it down to the keyboard as the source of the problem.

I'd like to hear back from you if turning off the LED's (FN + F6 by default I believe) solves the problem or not.

I didn't notice any buzzing through the AT AD700x's on a PC with the K-type connected, but I could hear a hum from the keyboard itself when the lights were on.

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #824 of 2,577
I like iFi AUDIO iDefender3.0 better, the effect is a little more noticeable.
I use it without feeding it with external power - strangely it sounds better to me this way.
The effect from what I have read depends on your PC/laptop, ground loops, etc. and can vary for different users.
I had the JitterBug and sold it. Should be roughly the same price.

I feel the R2R11 is indeed (as also noted by others) less sensitive to jitter than other DACs I have tried.
With R2R11 the difference between SPDIF out of Digione or Singxer F1 and USB filtered trough iSilencer and nano iUSB 3.0 are less obvious, almost non-existent (not the case with Marantz HD-DAC1).
Also the difference between filtered USB signal and straight USB from the laptop while still noticeable is smaller.
This is good news as you don't need to invest a lot in decrapifiers to enjoy good sound.

Now I have not tried Eitr as people here seem to hear nice improvement from it. The effects of JitterBug / iDefender should be smaller.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #825 of 2,577
Based on the soundfile posted earlier, the buzzing sound has nothing to do with the software used. If unplugging your keyboard solved the issue, then that's narrowing it down to the keyboard as the source of the problem.

I'd like to hear back from you if turning off the LED's (FN + F6 by default I believe) solves the problem or not.

I didn't notice any buzzing through the AT AD700x's on a PC with the K-type connected, but I could hear a hum from the keyboard itself when the lights were on.

If the led is off then the buzz goes away even when the k type keyboard is plugged in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back