Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 7, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #586 of 2,569
can you please show a picture of warm jumpers setting? I don't really understand the online manual as the english isn't very good.
@I g o r please post some pictures from your audio-gd visit! Hopefully you did take some. Was you journey planned? I mean you don't go to china especially to see audio-gd right? Just curious :wink:

There’s a picture on Audio-gd website showing the inside of the amp, with two spots for the jumpers. You just stick them in. Turn the amp off and unplug the power cord.

I’ll post the visit pictures in a specific topic. Actually I work for a company in Germany and from now on I need to go to China on a very regular basis for quality control and training employees in our China plant. And it’s only 70km away from Audio-gd, FiiO and a few others! So I’ll get to visit as much as I can in my free time :)

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #587 of 2,569
Listened to my friend's r2r 11 this morning for half an hour. Wow!

Those remembering the old nfb 15 and nfb 28, this new gen is much bigger in size. And the sound! Clean, detailed, open. This piece of equipment has no right sounding this good. Sounds like it costs 4x the amount. For the office, it just too good, i could not work well while listening to it. I would be taken by music.

As a standalone dac, it even sounds like it costs over 1k. Easily.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #588 of 2,569

Those remembering the old nfb 15 and nfb 28, this new gen is much bigger in size. And the sound! Clean, detailed, open. This piece of equipment has no right sounding this good. Sounds like it costs 4x the amount. For the office, it just too good, i could not work well while listening to it. I would be taken by music.

Dude, if you're that impressed with the R2R-11, pair it with Schiit Eitr, you'll be even more impressed. I bought all my audio gadgets/ equipment (iPurifier2, H10, iTube2, Eitr) to revolve around the R2R-11, nothing gives the biggest SQ impact other than Eitr. And its one of the cheapest of the lot too. I also used my friend's Singxer F-1 + Intona with the R2R-11, I think Eitr is a much better than them.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #589 of 2,569

Great..now im gonna have to get one of these too. :)

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #590 of 2,569
Dude, if you're that impressed with the R2R-11, pair it with Schiit Eitr, you'll be even more impressed. I bought all my audio gadgets/ equipment (iPurifier2, H10, iTube2, Eitr) to revolve around the R2R-11, nothing gives the biggest SQ impact other than Eitr. And its one of the cheapest of the lot too. I also used my friend's Singxer F-1 + Intona with the R2R-11, I think Eitr is a much better than them.

So the Eitr makes that much difference? Wonder if it’s the Eitr’s USB implementation or is SPDIF better on the R2R...???

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #592 of 2,569
I also got my R2R 11 today. Good news - It sounds good with my windows laptop. Bad news - Does not work with my Oneplus 5t phone but this is a phone issue than R2R. I am listening in Low gain mode with Senn HD 6XX. Using Foobar & 16 bit 44.1 FLAC tracks.

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #594 of 2,569

i have an intona + wyrd + f-1, you think the Eitr can beat this combination? Of course, i use i2s now out the f-1 to my r2r 7 so i would have to buy a proper digital cable if i bought the Eitr. What cable do you use?

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #596 of 2,569
don't understand why Eitr should be so much better...it is only a USB interface and has only CM6631A which is also old. Amanero should be better.
It is not "only a USB interface". It has galvanic isolation for one, that alone could give massive sound improvement. It also isolate EMI/RFI, significantly lowers jitter and has linear power supply built-in. Sonically, Eitr trumps most USB -> SPDIF converters out there, even the $1000 Mutec MC-3+. You can see the comparison here.
I also have another USB decrapifier (iFi iPurifier2) that supposedly cleans the USB signal, but I barely hear any difference in sound quality if any. But with Eitr (only Eitr and R2R-11 in the chain), its massive and very apparent, especially the bass. It has way more bass quantity and impact. Sound layering and separation also improves a ton too. But the best thing about the SQ improvement is the vocals, all sibilance is gone, no digital shrill no more.
i have an intona + wyrd + f-1, you think the Eitr can beat this combination? Of course, i use i2s now out the f-1 to my r2r 7 so i would have to buy a proper digital cable if i bought the Eitr. What cable do you use?
My friend had 2 Wyrds before, and it barely makes an improvement to F-1 + Intona, so he sold them. With I2S he thought Singxer SU-1 sounded the best for his DAC (Spring KTE L3) so I assume it might be the same for R2R-7. In the aforementioned blog post above, the poster said for coax, Eitr is better than SU-1 so it went with it for the R2R-11. Also Eitr is the cheapest of the lot, its no brainer. I use a cheap $25 coax cable, but I think Schiit's $20 PYST coax cable should sound the same. Some people said on another forum that Audioquest Diamond/Coffee sounds better than Schiit PYST cable for the Eitr, but for 0.75m the Diamond costs $500, lets not go that path shall we.

EDIT: The PYST RCA cable is not 75 ohm, Schiit doesn't even recommend it for Eitr use. Some other posters are recommending Blue Jeans cables instead. @FredA I'm tagging you, I thought you might want to know this.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #597 of 2,569
So the Eitr makes that much difference? Wonder if it’s the Eitr’s USB implementation or is SPDIF better on the R2R...???
Gonna test a spdif
It is not "only a USB interface". It has galvanic isolation for one, that alone could give massive sound improvement. It also isolate EMI/RFI, significantly lowers jitter and has linear power supply built-in. Sonically, Eitr trumps most USB -> SPDIF converters out there, even the $1000 Mutec MC-3+. You can see the comparison here.
I also have another USB decrapifier (iFi iPurifier2) that supposedly cleans the USB signal, but I barely hear any difference in sound quality if any. But with Eitr (only Eitr and R2R-11 in the chain), its massive and very apparent, especially the bass. It has way more bass quantity and impact. Sound layering and separation also improves a ton too. But the best thing about the SQ improvement is the vocals, all sibilance is gone, no digital shrill no more.

My friend had 2 Wyrds before, and it barely makes an improvement to F-1 + Intona, so he sold them. With I2S he thought Singxer SU-1 sounded the best for his DAC (Spring KTE L3) so I assume it might be the same for R2R-7. In the aforementioned blog post above, the poster said for coax, Eitr is better than SU-1 so it went with it for the R2R-11. Also Eitr is the cheapest of the lot, its no brainer. I use a cheap $25 coax cable, but I think Schiit's $20 PYST coax cable should sound the same. Some people said on another forum that Audioquest Diamond/Coffee sounds better than Schiit PYST cable for the Eitr, but for 0.75m the Diamond costs $500, lets not go that path shall we.
Um, isn't usb data just 1's an 0's O.o which then get converted to Analog within the DAC itself... I'm thoroughly confused right now.

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #599 of 2,569
There are a lot of thread pages on the eitr and that its the real deal in cleaning up the sound.
Using Eitr with Audio-GD is like putting a $2000 audio system in a 1993 Honda Civic, with the amanero usb already in place in all, don't see why you would need $200 to get a "little boost" on a $350 dac/amp. I could be wrong, what do I know.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #600 of 2,569
Using Eitr with Audio-GD is like putting a $2000 audio system in a 1993 Honda Civic, with the amanero usb already in place in all, don't see why you would need $200 to get a "little boost" on a $350 dac/amp. I could be wrong, what do I know.
It really does makes a difference though. Also you need to stop treating the R2R-11 like other sub $500 audio equipment, it really punches way above its weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back