Audio-gd NFB-10
Oct 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2,776 of 2,860
Just got my nfb-10.33 and it sounds awesome 
L3000.gif
 this thing is freaking huge too lol. I guess I should have looked at the measurements better because it takes up most of the empty space on my desk when I pulled it out. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #2,777 of 2,860
Can the 10.33 be had with the large transformer, better aluminum housing and volume knob from the NFB 28? Basically what I'm looking for is a 10.33 upgraded in the same way that the NFB-ES3 is to turn it into the NFB28 except the modifcation of the inputs and outputs. I will be using this solely as a digital preamp connected to a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L's via XLR and a pro amp for my subs. Since I will being driving all four XLR outs I was wondering if this could be done. Also, does anyone know if the volume control is implemented? Since it will be my preamp, precise channel tracking without losing resolution/bits is key.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2,779 of 2,860
  Can the 10.33 be had with the large transformer, better aluminum housing and volume knob from the NFB 28? Basically what I'm looking for is a 10.33 upgraded in the same way that the NFB-ES3 is to turn it into the NFB28 except the modifcation of the inputs and outputs. I will be using this solely as a digital preamp connected to a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L's via XLR and a pro amp for my subs. Since I will being driving all four XLR outs I was wondering if this could be done. Also, does anyone know if the volume control is implemented? Since it will be my preamp, precise channel tracking without losing resolution/bits is key.

That sounds an awful lot like the original NFB-10WM (without the LCD display, remote, and USB-32 of course)

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #2,784 of 2,860
On the 10.32, would there be a problem connecting the rca outs to a subwoofer amp and the xlr outs to a main speaker amp and using it as a preamp? Is the voltage cut in half by driving both the xlr and rca outs at the same time? I am looking to use this dac as a digital front end in a high end 2.2 setup, no headphones.

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #2,789 of 2,860

Users who are viewing this thread

Back