Audio-gd NFB-10
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2,746 of 2,860
A quick note, and I might email KingWa about this as well but

my Audio GD 10ES2 which I Purchased last week or so, is NOT compatible with USB 3.0 there is a TON of noise, little clicks and pops. KingWa stated his Dacs where compatible with them, and sadly they aren't. Granted they transfer data, but they still transfer to much power and the Dacs in his units are still noisy out of the 3.0 ports... although I did ask him about it I think something was lost in translation

but I think most of us know not to run a dac out of a 3.0 slot because it pushes to much power. Still... KingWa had an annoucenment on his web page that his Dacs where compitable, I guess I hoped that meant noise free xD 

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,747 of 2,860

my Audio GD 10ES2 which I Purchased last week or so, is NOT compatible with USB 3.0 there is a TON of noise, little clicks and pops. KingWa stated his Dacs where compatible with them, and sadly they aren't. Granted they transfer data, but they still transfer to much power and the Dacs in his units are still noisy out of the 3.0 ports... although I did ask him about it I think something was lost in translation

but I think most of us know not to run a dac out of a 3.0 slot because it pushes to much power. Still... KingWa had an annoucenment on his web page that his Dacs where compitable, I guess I hoped that meant noise free xD 

I have a 10ES2 and i run USB 3.0 out of my retina macbook pro and it works perfectly. well at least on one port. with the other port the sound cuts out but that is a computer issue

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,748 of 2,860

I just received my 10.33 yesterday and installed the USB drivers from his site onto my Mac Book Air (running windows 7). I am having no problems with my USB 3 port. 

You may have already done this, but have you installed the latest USB drivers from his site? I couldn't get mine to work until I did and after that it has been smooth sailing. http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

I will post a proper review when I get the time, just got the NFB-10.33 last night and all I can say is WOW! 

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #2,750 of 2,860
Oct 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #2,752 of 2,860

I just received my 10.33 yesterday and installed the USB drivers from his site onto my Mac Book Air (running windows 7). I am having no problems with my USB 3 port. 

You may have already done this, but have you installed the latest USB drivers from his site? I couldn't get mine to work until I did and after that it has been smooth sailing. http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

I will post a proper review when I get the time, just got the NFB-10.33 last night and all I can say is WOW! 

I most certianly did, but the ASIO defuncted after a few days :/ still no sound issues with DS via USB. Besides I game and listen to music so I need to use DS anyways 

Oct 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #2,753 of 2,860
So yeah, just not long ago I was thinking I'd be getting the ES2, now the ES3 came out, and before we know it, there will be an ES4.

Still a good question that no one took some time to answer - if you were to compare this dac/amp combo, what DAC would you compare it to?
I mean everyone is saying price/performance ratio, so if this is so awesome, it should be worth more, right?
So what sort of DAC are we talking about here that we can compare to?

Domo Arigato, Mr.Roboto

Oct 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,754 of 2,860
  So yeah, just not long ago I was thinking I'd be getting the ES2, now the ES3 came out, and before we know it, there will be an ES4.

Still a good question that no one took some time to answer - if you were to compare this dac/amp combo, what DAC would you compare it to?
I mean everyone is saying price/performance ratio, so if this is so awesome, it should be worth more, right?
So what sort of DAC are we talking about here that we can compare to?

Domo Arigato, Mr.Roboto

well it costs +200 more than my old Matris M Stage and oDac and it's twice as good as that... but it's balanced so that's a tough call I'd think 

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #2,755 of 2,860

I would encourage you to try other means, it may not be the DAC's problem. Mine has no problem out of USB 3 to date. It could be the power supply issue of your computer, or your software settings. Probably borrow a pal's computer with USB 3.0 to check where the problem lies, DAC or computer. Sorry can't give better advice.

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #2,756 of 2,860
I have to say that Kingwa is seriously customer-centric. I bet he reads this thread. He changed designs based on comments here, recently, including changing button to volume knob. I spoke about how i missed the casing of my 19MK3, when I got my ES2, he changed it in ES3. He has been more than empathizing in my conversation with him. With his integrity, he deserves all the good businesses here.

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #2,757 of 2,860

I would encourage you to try other means, it may not be the DAC's problem. Mine has no problem out of USB 3 to date. It could be the power supply issue of your computer, or your software settings. Probably borrow a pal's computer with USB 3.0 to check where the problem lies, DAC or computer. Sorry can't give better advice.

I have to say that Kingwa is seriously customer-centric. I bet he reads this thread. He changed designs based on comments here, recently, including changing button to volume knob. I spoke about how i missed the casing of my 19MK3, when I got my ES2, he changed it in ES3. He has been more than empathizing in my conversation with him. With his integrity, he deserves all the good businesses here.

It may be my pc, although my system is ran through a Power Conditioner 

Non the less, not bringing KingWa down by any means, great product. I do suspect that the issue lies with my software settings, or the PC it self, 

Still I'm sure he does read this, and for every one reading... EXCELLENT product! The Value is top notch and I was TOTALLY SHOCKED when it arrived at my house in like 4 days :O 

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2,758 of 2,860
I'm still pretty impressed with my ES2, the little remote really comes in handy. I prefer it over having to reach over to adjust the volume knob. The first few weeks it felt alittle weird, I don't really think it should be an issue for anyone. I just wish it would remember the filter(brightness) of the led setting. It always seems to start at full brightness. Only had it for 1.5 months or so before it got replaced by the ES3. Glad I was able to pick it up second hand practically new at a discount. When I compare it to my original compass for a few hundred dollars more it is a significant upgrade. Hopefully in 3-5 years there will be another product with such a significant upgrade for 500-1000. I think it's getting into the area of diminishing returns, but I hope to be surprised.

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #2,759 of 2,860
  I'm still pretty impressed with my ES2, the little remote really comes in handy. I prefer it over having to reach over to adjust the volume knob. The first few weeks it felt alittle weird, I don't really think it should be an issue for anyone. I just wish it would remember the filter(brightness) of the led setting. It always seems to start at full brightness. Only had it for 1.5 months or so before it got replaced by the ES3. Glad I was able to pick it up second hand practically new at a discount. When I compare it to my original compass for a few hundred dollars more it is a significant upgrade. Hopefully in 3-5 years there will be another product with such a significant upgrade for 500-1000. I think it's getting into the area of diminishing returns, but I hope to be surprised.

Yea I like the lil remote! It's cute and easy to use :3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back