Audio-gd NFB-10
Oct 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #1,576 of 2,860

Quote:
All these different filter functions are above my understanding. Is there a good place for a layman to start reading and develope some understanding?

I haven´t digged that deep but when I tried I haven´t been able to spot any real difference worth mentioning on the HD 800 balanced. Differences in cables is absolutely huge in comparison.

Oct 31, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #1,577 of 2,860

Quote:
. Differences in cables is absolutely huge in comparison.

Hi, can you elaborate on this please?

I've just ordered a 10SE and for my currently unbalanced DT880/600. (Will rewire to balanced in future)

Would changing the power cable from stock make a noticeable difference to this unit? Are there any other 'must-have' upgrades/mods that I should add to my order?

Oct 31, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #1,578 of 2,860

Quote:

I've just ordered a 10SE and for my currently unbalanced DT880/600. (Will rewire to balanced in future)

Would changing the power cable from stock make a noticeable difference to this unit? Are there any other 'must-have' upgrades/mods that I should add to my order?

The huge is relative. Especially since Sennheiser's have been known to have large relative changes with different cables in comparison to other headphones. You shouldn't need to fret about the beyers. I previously had some dt880/600's and I would say upgrading your headphones to a T1 (if you like the beyer sound) or another flagship would be the next logical step. The bottom line is, amps, dac's and cables only refine a certain headphone's sound. A good 85% of difference comes from different headphones, in my humble opinion. I recommend this also because I believe the nfb10SE is worthy of flagships (based on what I've read only! - but I trust others' reviews)

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #1,579 of 2,860
Get the headphones you like first, that'll make far more difference than anything else.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #1,581 of 2,860

Quote:
If you're nuts enough (like me), then that last 15% can make all the difference. But I mostly agree with your statement (other than cables).

Haha oh yes, definitely. That 15% does make all the difference. That's why we're all here pouring thousands into our rigs :)

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #1,582 of 2,860
Update: AGD missed the first delivery attempt yesterday. Hopefully they get it today (I emailed them) and process my unit. Though I will not be making any audio related purchases until I can hear again out of my left ear. Something happened yesterday that has my extremely worried. Blood coming from my ear and all...

It just hasn't been my week.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #1,583 of 2,860

Quote:
Update: AGD missed the first delivery attempt yesterday. Hopefully they get it today (I emailed them) and process my unit. Though I will not be making any audio related purchases until I can hear again out of my left ear. Something happened yesterday that has my extremely worried. Blood coming from my ear and all...

It just hasn't been my week.

Sounds like you ruptured your tympanic membrane, but best get it checked by your local gp. if you keep it sterile, it should heal on its own.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #1,584 of 2,860
I can't make it anywhere until Thursday...that's why I'm upset. Hoping all goes well, but being deaf in one ear isn't fun.

Quote:
Sounds like you ruptured your tympanic membrane, but best get it checked by your local gp. if you keep it sterile, it should heal on its own.

Oct 31, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #1,586 of 2,860

Quote:

It´s hard to elaborate because I find the differences between cables slim. But on the LCD-2 it´s a clear difference between the SD 3 and the various Audeze cables I tried. From stock to ADZ6. On the HD 800 there is a clear difference between the stock cable and the Cardas balanced with adapter cable as well to about the same degree. Placebo can be ruled out 100%. Got some Furutech Power cable which also sound different then the stock black snakes.  On the NFB10SE and it´s different oversampling settings I can´t rule out placebo at all if I manage to tell myself I hear a difference. I have wondered if they where active but by limiting the sampling rate in windows I could cut off the higher over sampling settings via USB so they do seem to be operating :)

I haven´t spent some day or something trying to focus like Yoda on this issue. A waste of time since it´s so small so it doesn´t really matter anyway.

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,589 of 2,860
Could not make it. Still plan to get to my doctor soon, but the deafness is gone. Something still feels...off though. 

Also, to update. They accepted my package yesterday (after missing it the day before). No email as of yet. I'll be emailing tomorrow afternoon if I don't get one by the time I get off work.

Quote:
Quote:

Plus ten.

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #1,590 of 2,860
My disagreement with the WM8805 seems to have gone with use, which is interesting. I have received a DIR9001 and installed it, which has improved things a touch (to my ears anyway). The bass isn't as tight as my main rig, but I have to switch quickly with the same track to notice the differences for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back