Audio-GD Master 9
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #1,862 of 2,556
For reference ,, Old Master 9 is more neutral/transparent ?
i would love to try warmer more bassy master 9 :)
HE-9

I had both.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #1,863 of 2,556
When having both the rca and xlr outputs connected on the M19, it outputs sound to both at the same time. Is there a way to separate the output so I can select one or the other?

Dec 11, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #1,865 of 2,556
Well I guess it doesn't matter because if I try to use the m19 as a preamp to power my speakers it gets disturbingly hot.

Dec 11, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #1,866 of 2,556
Well I guess it doesn't matter because if I try to use the m19 as a preamp to power my speakers it gets disturbingly hot.
It is not a power amp, if you mean you have connected speakers directly.

If it runs abnormally hot, you likely are doing something wrong and you may damage your m19.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #1,867 of 2,556
It is not a power amp, if you mean you have connected speakers directly.

If it runs abnormally hot, you likely are doing something wrong and you may damage your m19.
No, I was trying to use it as a preamp to my receiver. Seems that causes it to run hotter than usual.

Dec 11, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #1,869 of 2,556
Only explanation is bad wiring or you receiver has an issue. Unless the m19 runs hot when the pre out is selected with no ouptut connected.
Nope, no issue with the receiver. The m19 just runs hotter than normal in that configuration for whatever reason.

It runs uncomfortably hot when both rca and xlr preouts are connected and preout option is selected. The other amp wasn't even on.

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #1,870 of 2,556
Nope, no issue with the receiver. The m19 just runs hotter than normal in that configuration for whatever reason.

It runs uncomfortably hot when both rca and xlr preouts are connected and preout option is selected. The other amp wasn't even on.
Does not matter if it's on or not in many cases.

It could be normal that it runs a little hotter. My he9 runs hot used a pre. Or a headphone amp. About the same thing.

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #1,871 of 2,556
Does not matter if it's on or not in many cases.

It could be normal that it runs a little hotter. My he9 runs hot used a pre. Or a headphone amp. About the same thing.
Not a little hotter, uncomfortably hot.

The amp itself run fairly "hot" as its fully class A but I'm talking "this is unusual" hot.

I'm just informing, try for yourself if you want to see I mean.

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,872 of 2,556
Maybe try running it with just one output device connected. I think that's how it was likely designed. To be able to run balanced OR single ended. Not both at the same time.

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #1,873 of 2,556
Maybe try running it with just one output device connected. I think that's how it was likely designed. To be able to run balanced OR single ended. Not both at the same time.
You may have a point. But not much current should be drawn. I would do a test with nothing plugged.

A possible error would be to have connected the rca out to an output of the receiver. This would likely make the m19 run hot.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #1,875 of 2,556
Has anyone tried Burson's Soloist GT? How does M9 sound comparing to GT?
I would recommend the Burson product given its a new design.
I have heard neither but have heard A few audio gd amps and currently have the Burson Playmate 2 which is astonishingly quiet and have excellent drive and detail with sound signature being a little warm.
I have never really been wowed by a audio gd product except for their DACs.
It’s just my humble opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back