Audio-GD Master 9
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #1,891 of 2,604
I agree to everything except he is not an engineer. His background education is business oriented. He was a head of a consumer division at Microsoft in the time there were plans to make media centre from Windows and everything he touched failed. However, be respectful to the guy. Not everybody can be managing such powerful institution. Maybe his departure from Microsoft had some agenda, like departure of Bill Gates led to the world-wide pandemic he announced two years before it happened. People at such positions are not dispensable, they are re-used. And the ASR guy has a clear agenda, not hiding a main objective.

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #1,892 of 2,604
I agree to everything except he is not an engineer. His background education is business oriented. He was a head of a consumer division at Microsoft in the time there were plans to make media centre from Windows and everything he touched failed. However, be respectful to the guy. Not everybody can be managing such powerful institution. Maybe his departure from Microsoft had some agenda, like departure of Bill Gates led to the world-wide pandemic he announced two years before it happened. People at such positions are not dispensable, they are re-used. And the ASR guy has a clear agenda, not hiding a main objective.
He is an electrical engineer. Check his bio.

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #1,893 of 2,604
He is an electrical engineer. Check his bio.
Electrical, high voltage? :)

He don't understand ground loops, a proof is in discussion on Total DAC Six tests. Any electrical engineer would.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,895 of 2,604
Electrical, high voltage? :)

He don't understand ground loops, a proof is in discussion on Total DAC Six tests. Any electrical engineer would.
Agreed. There have been a lot of embarassing oversights and mistakes on that site.

The guy is no engineer and doesn't listen to music. He's a preacher with a PC-based scope.

Back on topic, has anybody listened to the Master 9 and 19 side by side who could describe any differences?

I have a Master 19 sitting here but it hasn't gotten much listening time. I wasn't sure whether I made the right decision by not going for the 9.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #1,896 of 2,604
Agreed. There have been a lot of embarassing oversights and mistakes on that site.

The guy is no engineer and doesn't listen to music. He's a preacher with a PC-based scope.

Back on topic, has anybody listened to the Master 9 and 19 side by side who could describe any differences?

I have a Master 19 sitting here but it hasn't gotten much listening time. I wasn't sure whether I made the right decision by not going for the 9.
I find it highly amusing when he demands people to make "donations" to his site for all the "valuable" information they are receiving.

I also had this conundrum of whether or not the 9 is a better amp. After looking thoroughly at both, the master 9 is a better amp and also a better value even at the higher price.

I've noticed that in the images of the internals of the master 9, the power pathways are separated from amplification and are shielded with thick aluminum.

This will help to attenuate noise much better than the m19 which has a very thin piece of aluminum separating the power transformers from the rest of the components. In addition to that the power cable going to the board is going directly over components which is going to inject noise into the system.

With that said, I think if you already have the m19, its still an amazing amp excellent value. There are little tweaks you can play with to try shield the power from the rest of the components in the amp. I have been thinking about experimenting with some 3m copper tape and oyaide sendust tape, after having successful results using it on other components in my system.

Nice demo of 3m copper tape.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #1,897 of 2,604
The fellow who runs AudioScienceReview.com is an arrogant fool with no understanding or appreciation of what makes audio magical. His eyes serve as his ears. He's an engineer who disdains audiophiles. He's like the guy who can tell you how a watch is made, but can't tell time. Often, he'll condemn a product solely based on his measurements without ever actually listening to the product. That's both irresponsible and extremely unfair to the company making that product. I have auditioned products he's both damned and praised, and I can tell you his reviews are worthless as real-life references. He's a sham and should be ignored.
Amir is a ****ing idiot. He gets mad at people when they use subjective terms to describe audio yet at the end of his DCA stealth review he said stuff like 'wow wow wow' and so many subjective terms. If he is really purely focused on objective aspects of audio he should post his measurements and then ****. I called him out on this and he really had no answer.

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #1,898 of 2,604
Amir is a ****ing idiot. He gets mad at people when they use subjective terms to describe audio yet at the end of his DCA stealth review he said stuff like 'wow wow wow' and so many subjective terms. If he is really purely focused on objective aspects of audio he should post his measurements and then ****. I called him out on this and he really had no answer.
I find personal attacks distasteful and I really try to avoid them. But for the audio scientologists and especially their high priest, I think it is appropriate to make an exception. After all, anybody who dares to disagree or even question their beliefs is vilified and made an enemy. I see no reason we should be more stringent on ourselves then they are :wink:

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #1,899 of 2,604
I find personal attacks distasteful and I really try to avoid them. But for the audio scientologists and especially their high priest, I think it is appropriate to make an exception. After all, anybody who dares to disagree or even question their beliefs is vilified and made an enemy. I see no reason we should be more stringent on ourselves then they are :wink:

Yes. I don't mind attacking hypocrites... especially ones as vile as Amir. He is truly a disease to the audiophile community.

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #1,900 of 2,604
He gets mad at people when they use subjective terms to describe audio yet at the end of his DCA stealth review
A problem is on the our side - those who dare about sound quality. As long we accept their terminology, in this case what is objective and what is subjective, we put ourselves in the inferior position. They say: measurements are objective, while our brain reads subjective, this is wrong. It is purely seen from the machine point of view. Based on this assumption Amir is entitled to say wow, wow, wow...

A truth is that what is objective to the machines is subjective to our ears and in reverse.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #1,901 of 2,604
i hope people can understand audio is one of many, many hobbies that's very personal... there's no absolute on anything as we tend to like things or dislike things with our own intuition.... and there's no right or wrong about our own choices..... a hobby is a dictatorship not a democracy.... and to call out on others' preference is like telling them how they should take their tea or coffee..... that said i still don't like the info on ASR

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,902 of 2,604
i hope people can understand audio is one of many, many hobbies that's very personal... there's no absolute on anything as we tend to like things or dislike things with our own intuition.... and there's no right or wrong about our own choices..... a hobby is a dictatorship not a democracy.... and to call out on others' preference is like telling them how they should take their tea or coffee..... that said i still don't like the info on ASR
Read the @Jandu link in my .sig. It's the best one line refutation of audio scientology I've ever seen.

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #1,903 of 2,604
As i said once already, it is as if Amir would need to test drive your wife to determine if she is worthy of you.

More seriously, music listening is the most subjective thing there is. Some things will show on measurements, others won't. And measurements are never made using actual music.

It is basic knowledge really. We are not machines, that is all there is to it.

We are very lucky that most designers out there still do actual listening tests. The future ahead of us, if we let happen, will reduce human beings to machines. Beware.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #1,905 of 2,604
I thought this topic was for the Audio-gd Master (1)9 but the last page is about Armir. Good for him.

M19 + HE6se is something magical. The M19 is also just a good headphone amp/pre-amp with anything I tried with it. Even it's single ended output doesn't take no for an answer. It has a slight emphasis ~ 50-70hz I guess that really works (if compared to the RME ADI-2 DAC fs and Lake People RS-08).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back