Audio-GD Master 9
Oct 6, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,846 of 2,602
Was there any consensus that Master 19 was quite close in SQ to Master 9 ?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #1,847 of 2,602
Was there any consensus that Master 19 was quite close in SQ to Master 9 ?
I think if you already have the m19 it's not worth upgrading to, imo.

I'm sure the m9 is a step up but probably not enough to really warrant the cost of the upgrade.

Just looking at the internals of the m9, I would guess that the noise floor is lower due to the isolation of the power transformers and routing of power cables. The aluminum walls creating isolation are much thicker in the m 9 whereas the m19 it's very thin.

Kingwa also mentioned that it had more soundstage and other stuff but keep in mind he was trying upsell me :)

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #1,848 of 2,602
Has anyone bought Audio-gd's power cable?

I just noticed that he changed it.

Looks to be an Oyaide C-029 iec, unknown copper AC male plug, and handmade cable by audio-gd.
PowercableUS.JPG

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #1,851 of 2,602
Did anyone have the ability to compare Master 19/9 with FLUX FA-10/12/22?
I haven't heard the flux but I did some research before buying the m19.

The reviews were saying that the flux house sound is overall warm vs neutral for audio gd. Audio gd stuff is generally as neutral as possible, he's obsessive about neutrality.

I'm sure there's more to it than just neutralvs warm buti think that alone should be enough to sway your decision. So I guess it depends on your preference.

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #1,852 of 2,602
I haven't heard the flux but I did some research before buying the m19.

The reviews were saying that the flux house sound is overall warm vs neutral for audio gd. Audio gd stuff is generally as neutral as possible, he's obsessive about neutrality.

I'm sure there's more to it than just neutralvs warm buti think that alone should be enough to sway your decision. So I guess it depends on your preference.
Yeah, thanks. That matches with my research too. Audio-GD is more analytical, where Flux is more warm and relaxed.

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,853 of 2,602
Kingwa just released this m9 variation good for 14W(!) @40ohm, which can drive speakers as well (70W@8ohm). Two 300W toroidals transfos and sufficient power caps are featured to allow driving pretty difficult speaker loads.

For those owning power-hungry headphones, this is interesting.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master9P/Master9PAEN.htm

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #1,855 of 2,602
Three important things to notice

1. The customer can choose between Toshiba (warmer) or ON (more neutral/transparent) output transistors
2. There is no preamp mode, it's replaced by the speaker amp function
3. There is a new headphone mode that gives a tube-like sound.

This 3rd feature is very inreresting. I always found annoying the fact that you need two amps really, a warmer one for the flat headphones (he560, hd600), and a neutral one for sets like the Audeze lcd4. I wonder how good it is really. I take for granted the normal headphone mode will have the same neutral sound as a reguĺar master-9. If the warmer mode is much like a tube amp presentation, this will be awesome.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #1,856 of 2,602

1. The customer can choose between Toshiba (warmer) or ON (more neutral/transparent) output transistors

This 3rd feature is very inreresting. I always found annoying the fact that need two amps really, a warmer one for the flat headphones (he560, hd600), and a neutral one for sets like the Audeze lcd4. I wonder how good it is really. I take for granted the normal headphone mode will have the same neutral sound a reguĺar master-9. If the warmer mode is much like a tube amp presentation, this will be awesome.
If the Master 9 is anything to go by, it will sound fantastic. I wish it also had a pre-amp integrated.. would make it an incredibly useful device! Still, it seems pretty great as it is.

Dec 9, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #1,857 of 2,602
If the Master 9 is anything to go by, it will sound fantastic. I wish it also had a pre-amp integrated.. would make it an incredibly useful device! Still, it seems pretty great as it is.
There are always compromise in designs. This product make sense to me as most people who will buy this are mainly headphones listeners. Many won't use the speaker function or only occasionally.
On forums, you often see people driving headphones with speaker amps, getting great results. The same was true with the Audio-gd Precision 2. This new amp should be awesome with demanding planars.
Those who want to do both equally without breaking the bank will be rewarded with high-quality sound with either.

This new amp is much like a balanced Precision 2.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #1,858 of 2,602

This 3rd feature is very inreresting. I always found annoying the fact that you need two amps really, a warmer one for the flat headphones (he560, hd600), and a neutral one for sets like the Audeze lcd4. I wonder how good it is really. I take for granted the normal headphone mode will have the same neutral sound as a reguĺar master-9. If the warmer mode is much like a tube amp presentation, this will be awesome.
For reference ,, Old Master 9 is more neutral/transparent ?
i would love to try warmer more bassy master 9 :)

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,860 of 2,602
There are always compromise in designs. This product make sense to me as most people who will buy this are mainly headphones listeners. Many won't use the speaker function or only occasionally.
On forums, you often see people driving headphones with speaker amps, getting great results. The same was true with the Audio-gd Precision 2. This new amp should be awesome with demanding planars.
Those who want to do both equally without breaking the bank will be rewarded with high-quality sound with either.

This new amp is much like a balanced Precision 2.
Yeah I do agree. I think it's a fantastic addition to the AGD range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back