Audio-GD Master 9
Apr 25, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #2,521 of 2,563
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #2,522 of 2,563
I guess this
"
Summarize
True dual mono design ,Uses two R-core transformers separate power supplies for the right and left channels.
Non- feedback ACSS gain stage and non- feedback diamond output stage."

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #2,523 of 2,563
Master 19:
"
Uses two R-core transformers (In total 100W ) separate power supplies for the digital control components, right and left channels.
4 groups pure class A PSUs power supply to the audio signal".

Probably would be better just to get the regenerative power supply on the HE9.

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #2,524 of 2,563
Master 19:
"
Uses two R-core transformers (In total 100W ) separate power supplies for the digital control components, right and left channels.
4 groups pure class A PSUs power supply to the audio signal".

Probably would be better just to get the regenerative power supply on the HE9.
You are right. They are very similar. The chassis is fancier on the Master-9 mkiii and the layout is not quite the same. Surface mount is used in the gain stage in the mkiii.

It could replace the M19 eventually. The HE9LE or HE9 is the way to go for a clear upgrade. What is appealing however is how good the mkiii looks and the fact that it is even more compact than the M19.

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #2,526 of 2,563
You are right. They are very similar. The chassis is fancier on the Master-9 mkiii and the layout is not quite the same. Surface mount is used in the gain stage in the mkiii.

It could replace the M19 eventually. The HE9LE or HE9 is the way to go for a clear upgrade. What is appealing however is how good the mkiii looks and the fact that it is even more compact than the M19.
I agree with everything you just said.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #2,527 of 2,563
Somebody please buy it and measure the temp :L3000:

Im thinking of getting it as my HE9LE looks the "same" as HE1 LE/MK3 for speaker setup.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #2,529 of 2,563
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #2,531 of 2,563
The new Master 9 mkIII is certainly an answer to the many who have stated, "sounds great! But it takes up soooooo much space...."

But also makes sense as a way of differentiating the LE and HE as being not just the 2014 Master 9 a fair number of folks may be familiar with.

I wonder if this new Master 9 – depsite recent rising costs of parts, and despite costing less than the original Master 9 – sounds close to the original.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #2,532 of 2,563
The new Master 9 mkIII is certainly an answer to the many who have stated, "sounds great! But it takes up soooooo much space...."

But also makes sense as a way of differentiating the LE and HE as being not just the 2014 Master 9 a fair number of folks may be familiar with.

I wonder if this new Master 9 – depsite recent rising costs of parts, and despite costing less than the original Master 9 – sounds close to the original.
Master 9/9MK3/19 vs HE-9 LE

I actually thought the HE-9 LE was another Master 9(mk2). From what I read the whole HE-9 LE is current based(ACSS) not only the ACSS input, but also headphone output. They also look very different on the PCB layout.

Current is a big bonus for headphones like Susvara.

Are all the headamps ACSS connected for the headphone output?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #2,533 of 2,563
Master 9/9MK3/19 vs HE-9 LE

I actually thought the HE-9 LE was another Master 9(mk2). From what I read the whole HE-9 LE is current based(ACSS) not only the ACSS input, but also headphone output. They also look very different on the PCB layout.

Current is a big bonus for headphones like Susvara.
Why Susvara would benefit from the current driven (high impedance) amp?

Planar HP's have flat frequency characteristic. No difference in loudness vs. frequency will be observed. For dynamic HP's factory tuning will be completely messed up, as higher impedancy sections will be emphasised, opposite to the voltage driven amp.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #2,534 of 2,563
Why Susvara would benefit from the current driven (high impedance) amp?

Planar HP's have flat frequency characteristic. No difference in loudness vs. frequency will be observed. For dynamic HP's factory tuning will be completely messed up, as higher impedancy sections will be emphasised, opposite to the voltage driven amp.
The clue is in the very low sensitivity. However thats another thread/rabbit hole on this forum😅👍

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #2,535 of 2,563
Audio-gd doesn't make high-output-impedance amps. The ACSS gain stage is followed by a diamond differential output stage with a low output impedance, the same as in every other ACSS headphone amp Kingwa has designed.

If the resolution of the amp is a step up from the older Master 9, it will be a good competitor to the Mjolnir 3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back