Audio-GD Master 9
Apr 26, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #2,536 of 2,563
You are right. They are very similar. The chassis is fancier on the Master-9 mkiii and the layout is not quite the same. Surface mount is used in the gain stage in the mkiii.

It could replace the M19 eventually. The HE9LE or HE9 is the way to go for a clear upgrade. What is appealing however is how good the mkiii looks and the fact that it is even more compact than the M19.
Kind of confusing they name it Master9 if it´s a replacement for Master19 which it seems. Can´t say I ever figured Audio GDs model numbers out. At least it cost a bit more then the Master19 otherwise I would surely get a bit buyers remorse. I love the idea of plexi but it certainly doesn´t aid cooling how are they fixing that?

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #2,537 of 2,563
Kind of confusing they name it Master9 if it´s a replacement for Master19 which it seems. Can´t say I ever figured Audio GDs model numbers out. At least it cost a bit more then the Master19 otherwise I would surely get a bit buyers remorse. I love the idea of plexi but it certainly doesn´t aid cooling how are they fixing that?
Yes, Audio GD's model numbers and new revisions are confusing. The broken English website descriptions only make things worse. It's difficult to tell differences between models.

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #2,538 of 2,563
Yes, Audio GD's model numbers and new revisions are confusing. The broken English website descriptions only make things worse. It's difficult to tell differences between models.
In most cases you only need to look at the price 😂

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #2,539 of 2,563
Apr 26, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #2,540 of 2,563
Just by adding slots on the cover. There is no other way, the best glass panels are poor heat conductors compared to aluminium.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #2,541 of 2,563
You can see the cut outs on the plexiglass on the other pictures.

I love my Master 19 but God am I jonesing for an R7 HE DAC and an HE 9 MK3 headphone amp/preamp.

Ugh.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #2,542 of 2,563
I agree, while I understand most of it, it could use some refinement in the descriptions.

Kingwa needs to hire @FredA to do the proper translating on the site.

I'd do it but kingwa was not at all amused with my descriptions which read something like this, "you buy now, dis for bad mf'er".

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #2,543 of 2,563
I agree, while I understand most of it, it could use some refinement in the descriptions.

Kingwa needs to hire @FredA to do the proper translating on the site.

I'd do it but kingwa was not at all amused with my descriptions which read something like this, "you buy now, dis for bad mf'er".
Lol

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #2,545 of 2,563
I did contribute to some translations, as a matter of fact. A thing Kingwa may not have access to is Google translate. Using this, I translated some of Kingwa's posts from an audio forum that can be accessed from the Chinese version of audio-gd.com . Going to French, what comes out is amazingly good and shows how brilliant Kingwa is. We knew he was bright just looking at his innovative and well laid out products, but he is also eloquent his is own language.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #2,546 of 2,563
I did contribute to some translations, as a matter of fact. A thing Kingwa may not have access to is Google translate. Using this, I translated some of Kingwa's posts from an audio forum that can be accessed from the Chinese version of audio-gd.com . Going to French, what comes out is amazingly good and shows how brilliant Kingwa is. We knew he was bright just looking at his innovative and well laid out products, but he is also eloquent his is own language.
Wow. Impressive.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #2,547 of 2,563
You know I just kid.

We all know he's a genius.

But the product description pages need a little better explanation. Alot of people can't understand the differences between the products.

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #2,548 of 2,563
You know I just kid.

We all know he's a genius.

But the product description pages need a little better explanation. Alot of people can't understand the differences between the products.
I know you know.

You are right. The new Master-9 is hard to figure out. Maybe Kingwa found a trick to make it sound even better than the original. One reality though is Kingwa has to manage his part bins. Time will tell how much better the Master-9 is compared to the Master-19. Kingwa is missing some marketing lines in the description to position this product. But the name suggests it beats the Master-19. Kingwa is revamping the whole line-up. So the Master-19 will likely be replaced by a cheaper amp using a new chassis. It could be called Master-19 or something else. Or maybe the Master-9 is the replacement.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #2,550 of 2,563
Personally I believe without trying all the headamps, they are really good, only real "match problem" will be the performance of the DACs. I am happy owner of HE-9 LE, but that is mostly because I need the inputs as I have three 3 DACs as main and always have 2 dacs in testing on the 2 outputs left(5 total)

If my chain was only one DAC I am sure Master 19 or 9MK3 would be enough for my preference.

Sometimes better is not the better resolving amp or dac. There are still unexplainable experiences with sound today.

From my own experience I would choose the sound that can make me listen for hours without fatigue. Specs and technicalities can step aside. I have made enough findings to verify that price does not always meet value/expectations. It is all preference, true objective perception, without influence of anything or anybody, hype whatever

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back