Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #4,292 of 4,451
My biggest problem with Amir's measurements are SINAD which he places so much emphasis. I say his measurement scheme is flawed. He complains about AGD output levels are being too high and uses DIGITAL attenuation to adjust the signal level feeds to the M7 DAC to bring down levels -2dB. Digital attenuation is just removing low level bits to compensate and adjust the output level. This only adds distortion to the output signal and reflected negatively in the signal-to-noise and distortion measurements. You adjust the signal level digitally to bring the levels down but the DAC noise floor is the same so poorer signal to noise measurement.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #4,294 of 4,451
On the other side, Audio GD has a proven reliability record. Assuming this model was introduced seven years ago, it took Amir seven years …
There is no such official proven record I’m aware of.
IAC…dacs using high quality parts — like gd I assume— don’t wear out unless abused.
So what ASR got is a typical gd product functioning normally.
Majidmehr is correct… it measures like a POS …. ‘cause dats wut it iz… a TURD 💩… pass the TP 🧻…. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #4,296 of 4,451

I'm starting to take a real shine to our ASR ambassador.
He is a nice guy, not always using awkward hippi language and it seems not an ASR fun. I was almost addicted to such language when visiting warez sites looking for a top quality russian made vinyl rip titles, but my understanding was poor... However I do appreciate his genuine interest in Audio GD equipment, really. yes... my vote for.... The guy is also a frequent visitor in this thread promoting Philips TDA1305 as a viable replacement for TDA1387. :)

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #4,298 of 4,451
Wow, I finally see the day where an M7 thread attracts shitposters..
Says a 100+ head-fier who has almost no history….. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #4,299 of 4,451

I'm starting to take a real shine to our ASR ambassador.
BION… I wuz banned at that joint so many timez … (1) I had multiple IP bans; (2) i ran outta spare email addys for more sleeper troll 😈 accounts.
Luuuuuuuuv Majidmehr tho’.
And how’s bouts dat name… Amir Majidmehr… a cash out from Microsoft… who iz now bored AF and luuuuuuvs stirrin’ da sh-t …. 💩 💩 Laughin’ hiz azz off off-screen every timez he PO’s Paul at PS Audio or myriad phanboyzz on myriad forumz and phan threadz.
He gets off on it 😉

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #4,300 of 4,451
I used to own the M7 dac. I didn't like it very much as it was bright, thin, and lean sounding. I actually preferred the older ones such as the reference 1 dac and the smaller version dac19dsp. Both were very similar and were very smooth and musical sounding. The Dac19dsp is extremely good value on the used market and can compete with dacs costing $1000-$1500. I used to own the weiss dac202 and the resonnessence invicta and I thought the reference one and dac19dsp competed at similar sound quality levels to the weiss and invicta but at 1/3 or 1/4 the price.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #4,301 of 4,451
BION… I wuz banned at that joint so many timez … (1) I had multiple IP bans; (2) i ran outta spare email addys for more sleeper troll 😈 accounts.
Luuuuuuuuv Majidmehr tho’.
And how’s bouts dat name… Amir Majidmehr… a cash out from Microsoft… who iz now bored AF and luuuuuuvs stirrin’ da sh-t …. 💩 💩 Laughin’ hiz azz off off-screen every timez he PO’s Paul at PS Audio or myriad phanboyzz on myriad forumz and phan threadz.
He gets off on it 😉

Your S/N rate is very low, sorry. Try to contribute with less attitude and more first hand experience.

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #4,302 of 4,451
Your S/N rate is very low, sorry. Try to contribute with less attitude and more first hand experience.
Oh … you got it, toots …. oh, brown, brown, gotta brown 💩…. Uhnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ….. hand me some more 🧻 puhleeze….

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #4,303 of 4,451
I used to own the M7 dac. I didn't like it very much as it was bright, thin, and lean sounding. I actually preferred the older ones such as the reference 1 dac and the smaller version dac19dsp. Both were very similar and were very smooth and musical sounding. The Dac19dsp is extremely good value on the used market and can compete with dacs costing $1000-$1500. I used to own the weiss dac202 and the resonnessence invicta and I thought the reference one and dac19dsp competed at similar sound quality levels to the weiss and invicta but at 1/3 or 1/4 the price.
Thanks for constructive feedback and writing in understandable English.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #4,304 of 4,451
Received the HE7 mk2 DAC today. It is awesome with a few hours of runtime. Needs plenty more time but the first things that were noticed are precision, dynamics, and ”the bass”. Comparing to the 2020 modified S7, the HE7 mk2 has better rhythm, spacial cues, stage, depth. And like many other Audio GD DACs the sound is especially lively and energetic. Got me toe tappin’ in short time. The amount and quality of bass adds to the dynamic presentation. Vocals are good and highs crisp. Bit warmer than the R7HE mk2.

Could go on gushing but I really like what I hear initially with the HE7 mk2. It is very expressive, especially coming from an older M7 DAC. Using 10M and DI20HE I2S….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back