Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #4,276 of 4,451
Amir really wants to burn down Audio-GD. He puts a lot of effort and time into it. When you tested two devices that are bad then you know the third is bad too. Then why again an extensive review to nag audio-GD? Amir doesn’t tell why. I think he enjoys it. It’s easy, Audio-GD is a small company. Easy to harass. Nothing to fear.
Amir pretends Audio-GD is ignorant.
well, I have deep respect for the knowledge of Kingwa. I have exchanged emails with him and he is absolutely a very knowledgeable person. Analog and digital.
last for the least I never measured Audio-GD, I did listen to it and it’s fabulous. I recall a 6moons review of the R7 Singularitty that got the Blue Moon award 🥇

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #4,278 of 4,451
No need to take it seriously.

The beauty of information age is we can always find an online article that supports our world view. What makes 6 Moons article to be more credible than ASR’s.
6-Moons actually listens to the gear................No where in ASR's diatribe do they mention actually listening.......................He takes measurements, bases a decision on sound with those measurements. I have not found, seen, nor heard of, a computer or other piece of test equipment that can render the SUBJECTIVE. which is exactly what hearing is.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #4,279 of 4,451
Amir really wants to burn down Audio-GD. He puts a lot of effort and time into it. When you tested two devices that are bad then you know the third is bad too. Then why again an extensive review to nag audio-GD? Amir doesn’t tell why. I think he enjoys it. It’s easy, Audio-GD is a small company. Easy to harass. Nothing to fear.
Amir pretends Audio-GD is ignorant.
well, I have deep respect for the knowledge of Kingwa. I have exchanged emails with him and he is absolutely a very knowledgeable person. Analog and digital.
last for the least I never measured Audio-GD, I did listen to it and it’s fabulous. I recall a 6moons review of the R7 Singularitty that got the Blue Moon award 🥇
It was the old r2r 7 they tested, with the old da7 boards, chinese ocxos, no synched usb input, no galvanic isolation. I think they would be shocked if they heard the latest and greatest...

I just added better power conditioning on the Afterdark ocxo feeding my di20he and r7he mkii. What can i say? I guess just that it's fabulously good sound i get. Some more depth and ever cleaner and deeper bass.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #4,280 of 4,451
I was writing up the same conclusions.. There are several red flags with Amir’s review. i looked in total and also read comments on ASR…

- The unit was borrowed from a ‘friend’
- Does not have Accusilicon XOs
- Does not list firmware version. Only been 50 f/w releases in the past 4 years.
- The M7S has the 2020 USB isolated adapter and add on power supply. The USB left channel has an issue. Was this factory installed?
- Complains about M7S weight and size? {heaviest DAC I ever measure!} LOL
- Complains about the output voltage levels being too high and the M7S not having a volume control. He adjusts attenuation somewhere
- Complains about using discreet parts (and not integrated circuits and smaller size).

With all the problems the M7S still rated above middle of the pack of all the ASR DAC reviews. (See below) Just don’t understand the nastiness and totally amateur hack job of the measurements.

Attachments

• Best high-end DAC review zoomed.png
    Best high-end DAC review zoomed.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #4,281 of 4,451
That red ASR graph is a the WORST group… hence all da red. So da gd iz in da middle of the worst DAC group at ASR.
Effffffffffffffffffffffffffff meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I want my money back, gd.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #4,282 of 4,451
This is the utter case of lack of ability to judge by yourself when you need an expert to tell you if a gear sounds well. Even more so when the expert does not even listen to it.

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #4,283 of 4,451
This is the utter case of lack of ability to judge by yourself when you need an expert to tell you if a gear sounds well. Even more so when the expert does not even listen to it.
Look, toots, Majidimehr is doin' the work no-one but maybe John Atkinson is willin' ta do. Now if Stereophile wuz gonna 'view dis here dac ... get one of da professional 'viewers ta rag some subjective sentences ... maybe I'd think again.
Anyway head-fi's own Currawong spilled on one of gd products some kind words ... so there ya go.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #4,284 of 4,451
Until the day Amir presents his own dac designs based on "all his knowledge" to the public I will continue to ignore him and those low level forums in general. I also think it should be very healthy to get a group of neutral and very skilled supervisors to watch over both the calibration of his (Amir+) labs instrument for the measurements as well as when the "testing" is performed. I can also achieve lousy measurements by using bad connectors and cables, wrong impedance and test levels. -So Amir, You are welcome to send me Your own dac design and I promise You I will publish my finding on line to be sure all out there gest "the truth" about them. (This last sentence was to provoke, I assume it was hard to get). It shouldn't be allowed to publish

This is all a pity that hard working people can get these kind of mobs harassing. The humanity has dark sides and this shows one of them. Slander should be illegal
/J

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #4,285 of 4,451
Around 15 years ago, some Chinese rich people wanted to pay millions RMB for "Hi-Fi" equipment other than listen to real world concerts in the concert halls of big cities as many times as possible. (RMB to USD was around 6-7 to 1 in those years.) Now I learned the Chinese musicals are much much more than before. Maybe the old practice was changed already.

I am living in a city with its own symphony. And before the pandemic, when I walked through the streets from work during the weekdays, there were some bars with live music inside. Then I knows what kind of tastes of real world music into the ears should be and are supposed to be. That's why I have stick with Audio-gd for so long.

Maybe the ASR just behaved to cater for that kind of rich people in the old days.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #4,287 of 4,451
Slander should be illegal
Prove that Majidimehr is slanderin', toots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What if he GENUINELY, to the fiber of his being, believes that he is an audio messiah .... that he's makin' the world a better place by HONESTLY testin' stuff with 'spensive 'struments ... takin' careful AF measurements ... Excel'n 'em ... graphin' 'em .... makin' the world a better place....

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #4,288 of 4,451
Prove that Majidimehr is slanderin', toots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What if he GENUINELY, to the fiber of his being, believes that he is an audio messiah .... that he's makin' the world a better place by HONESTLY testin' stuff with 'spensive 'struments ... takin' careful AF measurements ... Excel'n 'em ... graphin' 'em .... makin' the world a better place....
Sounds like the coming of the Antechrist to me. Sorry. Your post is really funny, though. Thank for the laugh, i needed it.

Sep 17, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #4,289 of 4,451
That red ASR graph is a the WORST group… hence all da red. So da gd iz in da middle of the worst DAC group at ASR.
Effffffffffffffffffffffffffff meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I want my money back, gd.

Yea, I see... Not bad for a obvious defective, unknown condition DAC. Lots of companies at the bottom of the list like Schitt and PS Audio. Guess Mike Moffet at Schiit and Paul McGowan at PS Audio are just hacks scamming customers. They should be arrested for reporting MISLEADING information.

Plus, you don't own any Audio GD equipment.

I see 4 guests this morning on this thread. Hello ASR friends! How are your Topping DACs measuring today? Why don't you connect them to a sound system and play music for a change.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #4,290 of 4,451
On the other side, Audio GD has a proven reliability record. Assuming this model was introduced seven years ago, it took Amir seven years to find a qualifying piece for for testing with internal clock instability. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back