Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Dec 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #422 of 878
Just remember you are doing it in the name of sound quality.
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #423 of 878
Hey guys!

Could Master 8 fully driver HE6 well ? How much percentage volume does it could really load HE6 ?

Harsh Harsh Harsh! I really hate the damn Harsh!:D

I heard LarsHP said that when provide power than enough will enhance the treble body of He6, is that mean Master8 could give me a smooth , exquisite and fully extension HE6 ? :rolleyes:

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #424 of 878
I don't recognize my statement. However, I think the Master-6 or -8 is very neutral and thus doesn't cover up for the extra treble energy the HE-6 has. I have modded my HE-6 darker to a more correct frequency response.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #426 of 878
Quote:
Hey guys!
Could Master 8 fully driver HE6 well ? How much percentage volume does it could really load HE6 ?
Harsh Harsh Harsh! I really hate the damn Harsh!
biggrin.gif

I heard LarsHP said that when provide power than enough will enhance the treble body of He6, is that mean Master8 could give me a smooth , exquisite and fully extension HE6 ?
rolleyes.gif

I listen on the louder side with volume ranging from 50 to 60 out of 99 on the Master 8 with HE-6's. I recall having to crank the volume up to 80 to 90 with the Phoenix.

I think the Master 8 is far from harsh with the HE-6s, and has been the most neutral and least bright and fatiguing compared to my other amps: Duntonic Du-6i 300b amp, DIY First Watt F3, and NFB 10ES.

However, I notice some sibilance even with the Master 8 but this could be that the HE-6 is revealing some flaws in the recording. The sibilance is sizzling on my F3, but less pronounced with the Master 8.

In general, I have found the HE6's to be an unforgiving headphone with poor recordings, compared to my HD650 and LCD2. I can easily hear SQ differences between MP3, FLAC, and 24/96 resolutions. The great thing about the Master 8 is that it is flexible with all my headphones given the gain and power options. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #427 of 878
Quote:
Hey guys!
Harsh Harsh Harsh! I really hate the damn Harsh!
biggrin.gif

I heard LarsHP said that when provide power than enough will enhance the treble body of He6, is that mean Master8 could give me a smooth , exquisite and fully extension HE6 ?
rolleyes.gif

I don't think anyone is going to get any top flight Audio-gd amp to sound harsh unless it is fed a VERY harsh source or used in a system with a total lack of synergy.

The Master-6 is very smooth and very extended in both directions so I would expect the Master-8 to be as well.

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #428 of 878
You guys are quite persuasive...

KingWa , you should feel grateful for your have such great fans right here !:wink:

OK.. that's it ! HE6 + Master7+Master8 = My invincible “678 combo” !

Chinese guys’math always better than you guys :D

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #429 of 878
Just curious if anyone has tried a Audion GD SA type DAC with the Master 5/6/8?

Kingwa claims that the Master 8 will output perfect balanced even when inputs are SE.

So a SA 1.32, SA-2, Ref 9 should work well with this amp.

Any experience or thoughts?

Mark

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #430 of 878
Quote:
KingWa , you should feel grateful for your have such great fans right here !
wink.gif

Chinese guys’math always better than you guys
biggrin.gif

Sounds like a killer combination. Maybe you can get a source with "5" or "9" in the name
biggrin.gif
. It looks like a good time to purchase right now with the 5% discount.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #431 of 878
If you prefer a bright sound signature rather than a dark one, then this is going to be as good as it gets. I say this because the HE-6 is bright no matter how many Watts it gets. The LCD-2 is a little dark. Chose what you like best.

KingWa , you should feel grateful for your have such great fans right here !:wink:
Chinese guys’math always better than you guys :D

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #432 of 878
Actually , I spend much more time on HE6.

Frankly , LCD2 is always make me down although I still keep it and always expecting it will surprise me in the next system update ...

So this time is the last chance I give to it . When compare with LCD3 which is coming soon, I will make the choice

All right....which one of these big boys will be the final champion ? My big toe never lies :D

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #433 of 878
BTW I customized the Master 7 's CAST connections, I let KingWa to replaced the initial mini XLR into a pair of normal XLR and I will do the same to the Master 8

So that I can use my Nordost Tyr XLR cable to improve the musical under fully CAST connection ,it just takes me about 30 dollars each,quite worth HA?:wink:

Actually It saved me a lot of money and will be a remarkable upgrade I believe ~

Again, Chinese can count :D

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #434 of 878
Quote:
KingWa , you should feel grateful for your have such great fans right here !
wink.gif

Chinese guys’math always better than you guys
biggrin.gif

Your going to be laughing. I had basically the same combo, Ref 7.1, Master 5 and it was highly versatile, musical yet quite neutral and made every can I had sing. (didn't try the he6 though) 
Fantastic investment with an end game pre-amp to boot! I miss it.
triportsad.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #435 of 878
Quote:
BTW I customized the Master 7 's CAST connections, I let KingWa to replaced the initial mini XLR into a pair of normal XLR and I will do the same to the Master 8
So that I can use my Nordost Tyr XLR cable to improve the musical under fully CAST connection ,it just takes me about 30 dollars each,quite worth HA?
wink.gif

Absolutely. His upgrades are cheap. I always get what I'm buying rewired with OCC Nucleotide copper for only $30. Totally worth it imo especially if your spending $1000+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back