Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Nov 20, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #2,281 of 2,556
  test fails but is it because i cant locate output_file.jic? Someone failed in this or m7 thread but eventually found successI

Are you actually hooking up the blaster to the 10-pin connector on the M11?

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #2,283 of 2,556
Nov 21, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #2,285 of 2,556
Got the firmware update tonight. Took about 5 minutes for them to do, not a big deal at all.

I can confirm the channel imbalance seems to be fixed in NOS mode, and I think both NOS and OS modes sound better but NOS seemed to improve more (I thought it sounded really bad before, excluding the imbalance issues). I still don't like NOS though.

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,286 of 2,556
Thumbs up for Kingwa and his team!!
I cannot remember of another company being that close to customers in after sales' service.

Enviado desde mi H1

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #2,288 of 2,556
I am thinking about purchasing a DAC/Amp combo to drive a set of Sennheiser HD800S headphones via USB to my Macbook. I am a bit confused with the models on the Audio-GD website. What are the differences between the NOS 11 and Master 11, and any thoughts on their respective synergies with the HD800s? 

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #2,289 of 2,556
Will be upgrading tonight. The USB Blaster was identified properly. everything is set up.

Had one question, on the audio-gd upgrade site http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-7_384/DSPupdataEN.htm there is an instruction at the end to cut one of the wires if using the Amanero board. Any idea what that achieves? I am just scared I will accidentally cut the adjacent cable and I don't have any soldering tools to remedy such an accident. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #2,290 of 2,556
Upgrading done. They were right on time. Took less than 5 mins. 

In terms of sound, I haven't tried NOS before so can't compare with previous version. Switched to NOS for the first time and I prefer it over 8x OS definitely. I am a sucker for warmer sound signatures so makes sense. Soundstage seems wider too, not sure if placebo if there's a reason for that. I will definitely be keeping NOS, just put the box cover back on, hope never have to open it again haha.

Oh and I did end up cutting the connection off as suggested by AGD for Amanero. Didn't change anything functionality wise so I guess I did it right phew.

Onto listening more, perhaps getting new headphones as well, Utopia may be? :D

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #2,291 of 2,556
  Upgrading done. They were right on time. Took less than 5 mins. 

In terms of sound, I haven't tried NOS before so can't compare with previous version. Switched to NOS for the first time and I prefer it over 8x OS definitely. I am a sucker for warmer sound signatures so makes sense. Soundstage seems wider too, not sure if placebo if there's a reason for that. I will definitely be keeping NOS, just put the box cover back on, hope never have to open it again haha.

Oh and I did end up cutting the connection off as suggested by AGD for Amanero. Didn't change anything functionality wise so I guess I did it right phew.

Onto listening more, perhaps getting new headphones as well, Utopia may be? :D

You ought to try the HE6 out of a good speaker amp like the Master-3. I was thinking about upgrading to something like the Utopias until I heard HE6 out of my Master-2H monoblocks.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #2,292 of 2,556
You ought to try the HE6 out of a good speaker amp like the Master-3. I was thinking about upgrading to something like the Utopias until I heard HE6 out of my Master-2H monoblocks.

Yes that's what I'm running now, through a first watt J2. Haven't updated the signature in a while. It's amazing, I'm never letting the he6 go. But who said there only has to be one endgame setup? Haha

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #2,293 of 2,556
I love listening to my speakers on the new firmware.

I can't say for sure as it is not possible to A/B test between the new/old firmware but I am certain that the new firmware is partly responsible for what I am hearing.

Vocals, instruments and everything has this great separation to it and vocals literally feel like they are floating above everything else. When listening to my speakers it feels like the artists are in the same room as me when they are performing. The vocals did not stand out like this before the update I feel like.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2,294 of 2,556
  I love listening to my speakers on the new firmware.

I can't say for sure as it is not possible to A/B test between the new/old firmware but I am certain that the new firmware is partly responsible for what I am hearing.

Vocals, instruments and everything has this great separation to it and vocals literally feel like they are floating above everything else. When listening to my speakers it feels like the artists are in the same room as me when they are performing. The vocals did not stand out like this before the update I feel like.

I ordered the LS50 speakers yesterday! Planning to run with SB12 sub. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #2,295 of 2,556
  I ordered the LS50 speakers yesterday! Planning to run with SB12 sub. 

Very nice. I'm sure you will love them. They are amazing speakers for the money. 
biggrin.gif
 Honestly, probably the best money I have spent in audio when you think about getting a good value.

I noticed they have a new wireless powered version now which is pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back