Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Aug 17, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,997 of 2,556
  after digging through this thread there seems to be a few users with static issues. is there to solve this?

You can ask Kingwa for the "active MCU" (I think that's what it is called) to fix the issue. I had the problem occasionally with M11 - it would click up or down one volume step. I never had the "runaway volume control" issue like some people.

I now have a Master-9 and I have never noticed any volume control issues in the 2 weeks that I've had it.

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #1,999 of 2,556

i'm curious about your thoughts about the master 11 vs the master 9 sound.. has anything improved or changed in your opinion?

I'm using HE-6 with it, and I notice deeper, more impactful (yet more controlled) bass, as well as slight improvements to the soundstage depth and overall detail. I haven't really compared them side-by-side as I'm now using a PS Audio DirectStream DAC. I still have the M11 and plan to compare the amps directly in the future. I had returned the M9 when I decided to get M11 instead... 6 months later the M9 got returned to me and never made it to Audio-GD so I'm just keeping it for now and might sell it down the road.

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #2,000 of 2,556
  I'm using HE-6 with it, and I notice deeper, more impactful (yet more controlled) bass, as well as slight improvements to the soundstage depth and overall detail. I haven't really compared them side-by-side as I'm now using a PS Audio DirectStream DAC. I still have the M11 and plan to compare the amps directly in the future. I had returned the M9 when I decided to get M11 instead... 6 months later the M9 got returned to me and never made it to Audio-GD so I'm just keeping it for now and might sell it down the road.

Which one do you find superior again? M11 or M9. Couldn't tell which one you were referring to being used with the HE-6 and as having deeper bass and slight improvements in other areas.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #2,002 of 2,556
Congrats!!
wink.gif

Thank you!!! other than that...I got an email from kingwa today saying somehow I didn't include enough wire for some of the mods I want done. So I had to ship him some today! hope it gets there in 2-3days instead of 2-3months! haha

I'm so excited to get this darn thing back! 

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #2,003 of 2,556
So the update on my m11 I sent to China for upgrades....
Still lost. Two diff tracking services say different things.
One says it's still in customs, Another said its cleared customs and left. Nobody knows where it is. And an investigation is starting. It's not likely it will turn up. I'm sure I'll be out closet to 3K after adding up shipping cost, high end silver wire and tellurium copper connectors. :/

On top of it all, I'm fighting with getting a refund for a damaged psu i purchased from Paul Hynes. an Sr3 that was ordered in November of 2015, it was finished being built and shipped out in April 7th of 2016.:. And no, that's not a typo, nearly 6 months to wait! It cost nearly 800+ if I recall. Shipping was around 60usd for airmail. It was lost in the mail, Royal Mail decided it wasn't fit for airmail so they drop kicked it on a boat. But somehow 2.5months later it surfaced and ended up on my door step on pieces. And after opening it up to see what was rattling all around inside, I found oil dripping out of it, and metal bits. The selector switch was busted up and the knob broken off. Now I'm dealing with s way to get a refund. I simply don't ever wish this experience on anyone. By far the worst experience buying any audio gear. Yes, I'm a lucky guy
smily_headphones1.gif
two crap experiences.
I'm assuming customs opened the package ho and molested it. I assume a cap blew up or something since there is liquid oily stuff dripping and caked up at the edges of the chassis. So they just threw it back in the package and off it goes! Two points for Royal Mail! The worst post service I've ever had experience with. Officially the four incident with them. 3 lost packages and this one is the 4th almost lost, but completely destroyed.

Yes, I order a lot of international packages. At least a half dozen or more a month:

I sure hope I get s refund on this psu, so far. No word, at the very least I would hope to have all the shipping refunded and a new psu sent out... Assuming it can be made in a reasonable time frame of less than 2months. I made 2-3 specification changes along the way during its production Hay likely added another month wait time. Anyhow , with my phone calls to Royal Mail, they ended essentially with them giving me the one finger solute. Even with proof the package was damaged, opened , delayed/lost for 2.5months!! Not even an apology. Wow.

Ok, I'm actually more upset that my m11 is likely gone. The best amp I've ever owned and the best one I've heard! And that's saying a lot since I've listened to a lot of great amps! Few amps can hold their own against the m11. Just know the risks of buying international. And DO NOT listen to audio-gd when they tell you to declare the value under 300usd! Insure it fully!! Declare the exact value! I can't believe I listened to them. I knew better.

the update on the Paul Hynes SR3 is NOT SO GOOD. NEVER EVER EVER EVER again.  But anyhow, I'll leave it at that.

my luck with the postal service in general is VERY BAD!  There is always a risk, but in the last year i've not had that good of luck.

For those who are buying from China, it's more likely you'll be just fine! But my situation is a very rare one, and unfortunately had happened to me many times over with other products (from Scotland).  But I order a dozen or more products internationally every month for the past couple years. It's bound to happen! 

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2,004 of 2,556

You can ask Kingwa for the "active MCU" (I think that's what it is called) to fix the issue. I had the problem occasionally with M11 - it would click up or down one volume step. I never had the "runaway volume control" issue like some people.

I now have a Master-9 and I have never noticed any volume control issues in the 2 weeks that I've had it.

I did this a while back and got the miniature component by a courier at my doorstep just a few days after he sent it. Kingwa takes these bugs seriously and sends the parts as quick as possible and doesn't charge for them. Excellent service I would say.

The installation itself is quite easy, however, do not mix the old and the new mcu together or you'll have an embarrassing time identifying which one is new
etysmile.gif
. I eventually analysed the pry-marks on the old one and got confirmed by lost volume level memory that I chose right. Oh, and about the installation: you don't have to take the whole front portion off if you're nimble. Just pry the mcu off with a small flat head and replace it like a small-fingered chinese factory kid.

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #2,005 of 2,556
Hi all, here's the situation. I just recently purchased a master 11 from the headfi classifieds but the Amanero usb cuts out and now my imac (2015) doesn't recognize it at all.  I also tried connecting the master 11 to a hub and the light that usually goes on next to a connected cable does not go on at all. I tried to connect it to a windows pc downloaded drivers and it too does not recognize the Amanero usb. The seller said (of course after purchasing) he had some issues with it dropping the connection. I have the xmos usb but I cannot solder because of an injury. Kingwa offered to send me another amanero board too meanwhile fortunately the optical works.

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #2,007 of 2,556
What has everyone's habits been when it comes to powering the M11 on and off?

After having the M11 for almost a year now there are definitely differences in the sound depending on how long the M11 has been on.

To me, even an hour of warm up time before listening isn't enough. It doesn't sound bad per say but definitely not playing at it's full potential. Sound can be a bit harsh and cold.

It needs to be on at least a full 24 hours before I hear that return to the top sublime sound quality. Because of this, I usually keep the M11 on at all times, maybe just resetting it every 5-7 days or so.

One could say it's placebo but to me it definitely is not. I have tried all sorts of different things over the months and what I'm experiencing is consistent.

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #2,008 of 2,556
  What has everyone's habits been when it comes to powering the M11 on and off?

After having the M11 for almost a year now there are definitely differences in the sound depending on how long the M11 has been on.

To me, even an hour of warm up time before listening isn't enough. It doesn't sound bad per say but definitely not playing at it's full potential. Sound can be a bit harsh and cold.

It needs to be on at least a full 24 hours before I hear that return to the top sublime sound quality. Because of this, I usually keep the M11 on at all times, maybe just resetting it every 5-7 days or so.

One could say it's placebo but to me it definitely is not. I have tried all sorts of different things over the months and what I'm experiencing is consistent.

I would not say its placebo. The Master 7 sounded superior after it been powered on for a day or two and I never turned it off then I had it. I got maybe 95 % of max SQ after 8 hours and it took around 24- 36 hours to get it at 100 %. The Master 9 on the other hand takes much less time to get to sound good. 2-3 hours tops.

Digital circuits normally takes much longer time to settle in than amps. It’s not only a temperature thing either, even if it’s an important factor. Stable voltage in the word clock seems to be very important as well. Don’t ask me why its so. 

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #2,010 of 2,556
Hi guys, just got my Master-11 today! Before I set it up to my desk setup, I want to ask some silly questions first to make sure everything is ok. :)
When I unboxed it, I found a bag of small components and a circuit board. May I know what is it for? 
Here are the images:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxYGVjdUnHBPVUZ1VFMyR0lsdzA/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxYGVjdUnHBPZ2dvNWVRQmJTWDg/view?usp=sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back