Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Aug 21, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #2,014 of 2,556
  Placebo works..when I dim the lights the music sounds warmer..
wink_face.gif

Haha, except here it's not really placebo. Straight facts... if you listen to the M11 cold or after 30 mins of warm up... it doesn't sound close to as good as it does after 1-2 days of on time.

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #2,016 of 2,556
Long time lurker here, figure it is time to finally upgrade my stopgap setup that I had since college with a NOS11.

Just curious how quickly does Audio GD/Kingwa/Grace respond to emails.  

I sent them a few emails about placing an order and changing the original order from a M11 to NOS11, but they haven't been very responsive since the initial inquiry from two days ago.  Perhaps it is because of the upcoming weekend?  They make some lovely gears, but they really need to modernize their sales tactics and web designs.  Competitors such as Auralic and Oppo seems to do a much better job in those departments.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #2,017 of 2,556
  Long time lurker here, figure it is time to finally upgrade my stopgap setup that I had since college with a NOS11.

Just curious how quickly does Audio GD/Kingwa/Grace respond to emails.  

I sent them a few emails about placing an order and changing the original order from a M11 to NOS11, but they haven't been very responsive since the initial inquiry from two days ago.  Perhaps it is because of the upcoming weekend?  They make some lovely gears, but they really need to modernize their sales tactics and web designs.  Competitors such as Auralic and Oppo seems to do a much better job in those departments.

Yeah it's sort of a quirk of their operation. They focus on building, designing and delivering awesome products, but the actual customer service can be a bit spotty at times. With the time difference with the US, I found that I usually had a response by the next evening (their morning).

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #2,018 of 2,556

Yeah it's sort of a quirk of their operation. They focus on building, designing and delivering awesome products, but the actual customer service can be a bit spotty at times. With the time difference with the US, I found that I usually had a response by the next evening (their morning).

Well, got a reply, but they missed changing my order to NOS 11.  Slightly annoyed since it was stated clearly in my emails.  

Seems like there is a real language barrier going on here; guess I will just write my emails in Chinese instead even if it makes me 10x longer to type them up...  People with fluent English are pretty easy to find in China.  Hell, I can do those jobs for them if they promise to send me free gears each month.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #2,019 of 2,556
  Well, got a reply, but they missed changing my order to NOS 11.  Slightly annoyed since it was stated clearly in my emails.  

Seems like there is a real language barrier going on here; guess I will just write my emails in Chinese instead even if it makes me 10x longer to type them up...  People with fluent English are pretty easy to find in China.  Hell, I can do those jobs for them if they promise to send me free gears each month.

I have written to them in Chinese before but they replied to me in English.

Their English is of acceptable standard and I think the reason for them missing your request is more of an admin oversight rather than a language barrier.

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #2,020 of 2,556

I have written to them in Chinese before but they replied to me in English.

Their English is of acceptable standard and I think the reason for them missing your request is more of an admin oversight rather than a language barrier.

Grace got back to me just now and fixed the issue; considering it is midnight on a weekend over there, that was really something.  Guess my writing was good enough to make them feel comfortable to respond in Chinese.   Order placed and the NOS should ship early next week.  Can't wait for it to arrive.

My current OTL amp, while offering a wonderful midrange and smooth response, just can't drive the LCD-2 with enough dynamic at the low end (actually start to clip out when used for watching movies with a lot of deep bass, such as Inception and Interstellar).  Don't even get me started on the Asgard 2, which really doesn't do LCD-2 any justice with its hollow midrange.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #2,021 of 2,556
Anyone remember the sensitivity for speakers that Kingwa recommended if you want to drive them with Master 11? Also how much does Kingwa charge for the XLR to speaker post cables?

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #2,022 of 2,556
  Anyone remember the sensitivity for speakers that Kingwa recommended if you want to drive them with Master 11? Also how much does Kingwa charge for the XLR to speaker post cables?

I recall >95db sensitivity 

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #2,023 of 2,556
  Received my M11, so far very beautiful sound, the sound is so clear yet so smooth, with a hint of warmth.  My HD800 has been tamed and is now producing really nice wonderful sound, gone are the siblance that I hear from classic Gungnir.  Doing a quick compare between M11 amp vs. Ragnarok, both driven by M11 as a DAC, I didn't detect any obvious different between the two, so I would say the M11 is just as good as Ragnarok.  Kingwa also made me a pair of XLR -> speaker tap cables so I could drive my Tekton Lore with the M11 (waiting for the Lore, still in production, can't wait).  According to Kingwa, the M11 can drive any speakers with efficiency of > 95 dB.

bump

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #2,025 of 2,556
Picked up the NOS 11 today.  Pretty quick delivery must say.

There is one thing that bothers me though.  For whatever reason, my LCD-2 sounds much better on the stock single end cable (the crappy ribbon type) than the 4 pin XLR balanced cable I got from C3 Audio (the basic 6' Canare w/ nylon sleeving, cheapest decent looking aftermarket XLR cable that I can find, which still think is ridiculously priced).  Not sure if it is just my brain or what, the sound is rather hollow and recessed from the 4 pin output with my particular setup...  Soundstage appears to be accurate and larger from the balanced output though...

Not sure if I got a crap cable or there is something wrong with my balance output, or is my brain playing awful trick on me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back