Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Sep 16, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #2,041 of 2,556
Digital cables like USB are a total scam. A bit is a bit...

Power cable? Lol, you think 6 ft of premium copper is gonna make a difference when there are miles and miles of junk copper wires connecting the sub station to your home.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #2,042 of 2,556
I'm burning in some new power cables right now. Just got them. I can't suffer through burn in though so I have one hooked up to my computer at home, the other is at work. These are DIY (terminated by the dealer) Neotech cable with Furutech copper connectors. I already have the same in Gold and Rhodium connectors and will compare all three in a shoot out next month. My M7 likes the gold so far, the rhodium not so much. My headphone amp doesn't seem to pair well with either one.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #2,043 of 2,556
Digital cables like USB are a total scam. A bit is a bit...

Power cable? Lol, you think 6 ft of premium copper is gonna make a difference when there are miles and miles of junk copper wires connecting the sub station to your home.
It is not the last connection in the electrical chain. It is the first connection in the chain.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,044 of 2,556
It is not the last connection in the electrical chain. It is the first connection in the chain.

Some of you believe in overpriced "premium" cables like a religion, which is fine for me since you are free to spend your own money in whatever ways you please.  But it is totally different thing to come here and try to sell them to other on a totally unrelated thread.

Just look at what you wrote about "not last, but first connection in the chain" regarding power cable.  Does it make any make any sort of logical (I am not even gonna bother using the term scientific here, as it would be an insult to that term) sense?  When it comes to any electrical signal, any cable with good shield and low ohmic resistance would suffice (assuming you are not arranging in any weird setup that would cause inductance issue)..  I used to use $15 cable in my grad school research for measuring electrical impedance spectroscopy that does frequency sweep from 0.1Hz to millions of Hz, which is then used to measure impedance down to hundredths of thousandths of Ohms.  And you think your ear is gonna detect the difference of a copper wire used for power transfer on your amp?   Please... read up on some of the actual science on signal transmission before start telling others about how your cables make a difference in your setup.  

I'm burning in some new power cables right now. Just got them. I can't suffer through burn in though so I have one hooked up to my computer at home, the other is at work. These are DIY (terminated by the dealer) Neotech cable with Furutech copper connectors. I already have the same in Gold and Rhodium connectors and will compare all three in a shoot out next month. My M7 likes the gold so far, the rhodium not so much. My headphone amp doesn't seem to pair well with either one.

I bet I can make some of you guys to believe that the color of your gears would make a difference on the sound quality as well.  No wait, this guy already does(lol that you can hear the difference between Au and Ru coatings on your cable)!

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #2,046 of 2,556
Hey you got us started. :laughing:

Right, my $160 dollar aftermarket sounds way worse than the $80 stock 4-pin XLR I got from Audeze, because the guy used thin wiring that are causing too much resistance for the high current phone like LCD-2...  

Does that have anything to do with to magical power and USB cable that you are discussing here?  If you can't understand the difference between them, please, keep your highly subjective if not falsified opinion to those cable threads...

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #2,047 of 2,556
@bimmer100, I know you're selling the SU-1.  I'm contemplating purchasing or waiting for Kingwa to release an updated card based on the newer XMOS chips.  What can I expect for sound changes on the M11 going to the SU-1 via I2S (HDMI)?  I'm assuming you've tried given your history with the M11 and the fact that you sell the SU-1.

My challenge is that the LCD-4s reveal ANY harshness, especially in the highest frequencies >10khz.  Think the SU-1 would impact that at all?

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #2,048 of 2,556
GREAT NEWS!!!! Audio-GD is done with my M11....I mean NOS11!!! it's finally done!  No more copper wire, all high end silver with carbon fiber infused core. also shielded silver cables for the dual 3pin XLR front panel connectors... basically all copper wire replaced with thick silver litz wire. All new EiZZ XLR connectors, and EiZZ RCA Tellurium copper/gold plating.  the dac to amp board wires are also pure silver. Sadly, this may be going up for sale soon. It's been since MAY that I shipped this to china for it's update. :frowning2:  
Oh, and @ JohnZZ4 - i'm MOT and unfortunately can't comment on your question on HeadFi. I'm sorry.Head-Fi can't be used for business in any way shape and form, so Please consider another way to contact me. And not via PM on here either. I'm avoiding getting Banned because I love to be a part of this community and follow the rules too :D

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #2,049 of 2,556
  GREAT NEWS!!!! Audio-GD is done with my M11....I mean NOS11!!! it's finally done!  No more copper wire, all high end silver with carbon fiber infused core. also shielded silver cables for the dual 3pin XLR front panel connectors... basically all copper wire replaced with thick silver litz wire. All new EiZZ XLR connectors, and EiZZ RCA Tellurium copper/gold plating.  the dac to amp board wires are also pure silver. Sadly, this may be going up for sale soon. It's been since MAY that I shipped this to china for it's update. :frowning2:  
Oh, and @ JohnZZ4 - i'm MOT and unfortunately can't comment on your question on HeadFi. I'm sorry.Head-Fi can't be used for business in any way shape and form, so Please consider another way to contact me. And not via PM on here either. I'm avoiding getting Banned because I love to be a part of this community and follow the rules too :D

You are going to be selling your beloved M11?

What have you moved on to?

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #2,050 of 2,556

You are going to be selling your beloved M11?

What have you moved on to?

It's a big maybe... I do love the M11... And curious to know the sound of the NOS11 with the mods I had done.
but honestly "MOT" can't say what i've moved on to. 
all these kinds of questions I can't answer on HeadFi anymore. 

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #2,051 of 2,556
I have both a vanilla Master 11 and the Singxer SU-1. I bought the SU-1 specifically so I could try the I2S input on the Master 11. I'm using a Wireworld Ultra Violet HDMI cable. Love the fact the cable has an directional arrow that says 'TV'. I listen with a set of original hd800's. They must reveal harshness like LC's-4's. The Master 11 by itself is wonderful. I was using a Regen which did me no good. I have an Intona which was better but but yielded much better results with A Bimby. With the SU-1 it is a much Cleaner sounding setup. Those harsh edges get cleaned up, not cut off. You now hear what is being presented minus a lot of distracting noise. The soundstage gets wider and deeper as you have more clarity as to what's out there in the shadows of the recording. I am experimenting with my Intona USB isolator, Industrial version. It adds to the cleanup and solidarity of the sound. Tremendous Bass for my HD800s. Beautiful mids. Much better micro details without adding screaming treble. The Singxer SU-1 is such a keeper for me.

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #2,052 of 2,556
I have both a vanilla Master 11 and the Singxer SU-1. I bought the SU-1 specifically so I could try the I2S input on the Master 11. I'm using a Wireworld Ultra Violet HDMI cable. Love the fact the cable has an directional arrow that says 'TV'. I listen with a set of original hd800's. They must reveal harshness like LC's-4's. The Master 11 by itself is wonderful. I was using a Regen which did me no good. I have an Intona which was better but but yielded much better results with A Bimby. With the SU-1 it is a much Cleaner sounding setup. Those harsh edges get cleaned up, not cut off. You now hear what is being presented minus a lot of distracting noise. The soundstage gets wider and deeper as you have more clarity as to what's out there in the shadows of the recording. I am experimenting with my Intona USB isolator, Industrial version. It adds to the cleanup and solidarity of the sound. Tremendous Bass for my HD800s. Beautiful mids. Much better micro details without adding screaming treble. The Singxer SU-1 is such a keeper for me.

That will likely push me over the edge..  I was going to wait and see if Kingwa is going to release a new XMOS usb interface, but the SU-1 is calling.

Sep 19, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #2,053 of 2,556
That will likely push me over the edge..  I was going to wait and see if Kingwa is going to release a new XMOS usb interface, but the SU-1 is calling.
I like the fact that the SU-1 is a Pro turnkey 'solution'. It's portable if need be. I can easily use it with different DACs. I did have the SU-1 feeding my Master 11 via I2s and a Bimby via Co-ax. Both at the same time. Pretty neat.

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #2,054 of 2,556

I'm waiting on Audio-gd as well. I like that they have the coax inputs as well on the DI series, so I can eventually cascade the unit to a DVD/Blu-ray or CD player. The only problem is the last Xmos board didn't have the best clocks. Let's hope they do better next time.

Sep 19, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #2,055 of 2,556
bimmer, headfi is constantly used by manufacturers for advertisement. Some even say people get banned for criticising sponsored products (hearsay, don't quote me on this one). I'm pretty sure you can share your diy experiences with us even if you are planning on selling them in the future. You should ask an admin if you are unsure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back