Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Oct 3, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #2,086 of 2,556
I've just finished putting hdmi kit on my ref7 not 2 hours ago another Melbournian what's the odd that happening :) looking at the board of master 11 doesn't look like it's been labeled thoroughly like ref7 might be better to ask king wa. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #2,087 of 2,556
I've just finished putting hdmi kit on my ref7 not 2 hours ago another Melbournian what's the odd that happening :) looking at the board of master 11 doesn't look like it's been labeled thoroughly like ref7 might be better to ask king wa. 

Yeah I already have sent a message to Kingwa. No reply yet..

I had a look at Audio-gd's instruction page for the hdmi i2s kit. There is no mention of the master 11.. going to need to wait for Kingwa. To get back to me.

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #2,089 of 2,556
  Does the SU-1 offer improvement that can be heard by casually listening or is something you'd have to bust a vein trying to critically hear difference in?

Well I just got my SU-1. 

I was hoping to have an impression last night but I hit a road block with trying to install the HDMI i2s module into the Master 11.. Hoping to have a response from Kingwa or someone from here who already has the HDMI module installed into their M11 today. Just need to know where the 3.3v power wire is solder to onto the dac board. Audio-gd don't have instructions on their hdmi i2s page for the M11... http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/I2Skits/I2SEN.htm

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #2,090 of 2,556

Well I just got my SU-1. 

I was hoping to have an impression last night but I hit a road block with trying to install the HDMI i2s module into the Master 11.. Hoping to have a response from Kingwa or someone from here who already has the HDMI module installed into their M11 today. Just need to know where the 3.3v power wire is solder to onto the dac board. Audio-gd don't have instructions on their hdmi i2s page for the M11... http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/I2Skits/I2SEN.htm

Check if there is little loop like this

in the connector that connects to the Amanero board.

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #2,091 of 2,556

Check if there is little loop like this

in the connector that connects to the Amanero board.

Yes there is a solder point partially showing underneath and next to the Amanero's I2S connection. I'm quite certain that this is the correct point to solder to. But I have seen on another member's M11, that the 3.3v lead is soldered to one of the resistor directly beneath the Amanero board..

Also, as you can see from the picture below it would be tricky to solder the wire to the point. I guess a 2mm solder point would make it but not without the risk of melting one of the connectors.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #2,092 of 2,556

Yes there is a solder point partially showing underneath and next to the Amanero's I2S connection. I'm quite certain that this is the correct point to solder to. But I have seen on another member's M11, that the 3.3v lead is soldered to one of the resistor directly beneath the Amanero board..

Also, as you can see from the picture below it would be tricky to solder the wire to the point. I guess a 2mm solder point would make it but not without the risk of melting one of the connectors.

The pin out for the 7 pin connector is:
(top to bottom)
LRCK (word clock)
DA (data)
BCK (bit clock)
MCK (master clock)
NC
GND
V3.3

For the 5 pin connector:
DATA (data)
BCK (bit clock)
WCK (word clock)
MCK (master clock)
GND

Also I'll suggest using a jst xh female connector instead of directly soldering to socket pins.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #2,093 of 2,556
Yep. I know that. Its labelled on the board itself.

What I need is confirmation that the soldering point between the two connectors is actually sharing the same copper trace as the 3.3V pin of the Amanero's connector.  

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #2,094 of 2,556
  Yep. I know that. Its labelled on the board itself.

What I need is confirmation that the soldering point between the two connectors is actually sharing the same copper trace as the 3.3V pin of the Amanero's connector.  

Yes, it is connected to Amanero's 3.3V. But I don't think you can properly solder a wire to it without collateral damage.

There are two 3.3V rail in Master 11, marked P1 & P2 in the picture below, the more readily accessed P1 (same as Amanero's 3.3V) are the bottom end of 1 ohm resistors at the left of the picture. (right, directly beneath the Amanero board)

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #2,096 of 2,556
Thanks @bButcher

That's the same (P1) that another member has the 3.3v line soldered to.

By soldering there, would there be any detrimental affect to other components on the board?

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #2,097 of 2,556
Okay so i've installed the HDMI module. Measured 3.3v is coming through the power cable. 

Now when I connect my Singxer SU-1 via HDMI i2s connect I get no sound through Audirvana. All of the dip switches on the bottom of the device are off as per factory default. 

Can anyone tell me if I need to change the DIP switches, or should I check my HDMI module??

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #2,098 of 2,556
Can someone confirm that the SMD resistor is missing on their HDMI i2s module (bottom right of the socket - mine only has one dab of solder on one pad)?

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #2,099 of 2,556
in mine both pad are empty. Might be specific to different DAC as long you told kingwa the order for the correct model I guess should be fine

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #2,100 of 2,556
  in mine both pad are empty. Might be specific to different DAC as long you told kingwa the order for the correct model I guess should be fine

Both as in the resistor on the left of the IC? 

Can you post a picture?

On the back of my HDMI module it clearly says M11., so should be correct. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back