Audio-gd FUN
Jul 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #196 of 208

Quote:
If you are connecting the computer to the audio gd via usb, you need to select that from your computer (not SPDIF).  I'm not sure that's how you've set it up but that is the way your post reads.  Btw, I bought the AudioGD Fun B version a few months ago for my office and really like it.  It beats the heck out of the nuforce udac I had been using and does a nice job of driving my headphones.  I'm not sure what the difference between the "B" and "A" versions are but the B is around half the price of the A version.

Yeah I'm connecting via USB. But when i plug it in the only new option which comes up in my mixer is for TE7022 Audio w/ SPDIF. Which it describes as "(Generic USB Audio)"

Jul 19, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #198 of 208
Ok an update.

I tried the Audo-gd Fun on my other computer and again couldn't hear anything. With the "line out" button pressed in (all others out) I could hear echoey and distorted music.

I brought it back to my main PC and with the "line out" button pressed in I could hear music clearly for about 10 seconds, then it cut out. I found if  held the machine tilted forwards and at different angles i could hear the music again for another few seconds before it stopped. 

I had the same result with different headphones.

Looking at the computer sound mixer it seems like the audio is playing through so am I right in assuming it's a fault with the actual machine?

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #199 of 208
Have you selected USB input? Have you tried every combination of the Line out and Line in buttons?

Have you pushed your headphone plug all the way in?

Jul 19, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #200 of 208
Yeah I've tried all that. I found now that if I squeeze the case from top and bottom music plays so I've tried tightening the screws which seems to have fixed it temporarily but every now and again if I move it it stops.

Kind of frustrating as it's not a big enough problem that its worth sending back to be fixed overseas. I just hope that it's nothing internal that's loose.

Jul 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #201 of 208
Maybe the HDAM OPA has come loose ? Pop the chassis lid and make sure the DAC OPA is properly seated in the DIP8 socket and check for any wires lose going to and from the jacks,switches etc. Also make sure the DIR/DAC modules are properly seated in their sockets. Generally speaking check out all of the internal parts.

If you are stuck when it comes to looking at this stuff post a pic here (right after you lift the chassis lid) and we'll try and help out.

Peete.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #203 of 208
What are the main advantages of this over the NFB-12?

I'm just kind of confused. I read the Audio-gd FUN pairs excellently with Senn HD 650s, and that the NFB-12 is basically a FUN without a few features. Yet... my HD650 seems seriously lacking in treble and mids quality versus my SRH940s. With the HD650's reputation, I can't understand why the HD650 sounds several leagues below the SRH940 in all but bass.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #204 of 208

Quote:
What are the main advantages of this over the NFB-12?

I'm just kind of confused. I read the Audio-gd FUN pairs excellently with Senn HD 650s, and that the NFB-12 is basically a FUN without a few features. Yet... my HD650 seems seriously lacking in treble and mids quality versus my SRH940s. With the HD650's reputation, I can't understand why the HD650 sounds several leagues below the SRH940 in all but bass.

I had Audio-gd Sparrow (it's a FUN analog) and HD 650. Output level is sufficient for this cans, but not enough bass control and something like "pumping", "succulence" and also brightness in highs. They just want high-grade amp, like AMB M^3 or better.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #206 of 208
Jul 1, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #207 of 208
I've just bought a new turntable (Pro-Ject Debut Carbon) and thought it take advantage of the GD Fun's built in pre amp and phono input. I've plugged the turntable into the fun and can hear the music through my headphones (HD580s) but cant get very much volume even with the dial turned right up...

Would having a seperate pre amp and then plugging that into the FUN to act just as a amplifier fix this issue? Any suggestions?

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #208 of 208
Quote:
I've just bought a new turntable (Pro-Ject Debut Carbon) and thought it take advantage of the GD Fun's built in pre amp and phono input. I've plugged the turntable into the fun and can hear the music through my headphones (HD580s) but cant get very much volume even with the dial turned right up...

Would having a seperate pre amp and then plugging that into the FUN to act just as a amplifier fix this issue? Any suggestions?

The Fun doesn't have a phono stage, which you'll need for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back