Audio-GD FUN or Matrix M-Stage + iBasso D12 DAC
Dec 19, 2010 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gauss1777

Head-Fier
I was considering also the NuForce HDP, but after reading another post I'm sold to the FUN, however I can't keep out from my mind the M-Stage. When I got my recently bought HD600, I had the chance to try them before deciding between this and the HD650. Both from a Lehmann Black Cube Linear... tremendous amp!!

I also tried some of my tunes directly from my iBasso D12, then decided on the HD600. Now what I wonder is how good would be the DAC on the D12 vs the one on the FUN, but since it's not just that, the final result is what counts, so the FUN amp vs the M-Stage is what I think the more important one. Who knows... maybe if the M-Stage is better, then on a future I could get a dedicated DAC.

I'm using now the HD600 from the iBasso D12 amp, not bad, it had its own on my tests together with the Cube, the guy at the shop couldn't believe such a small amp on batteries could give juice and all the spectrum to the phones, well, that's another story...

BTW, I still have 2 or 3 weeks more before deciding, I'll be trying a cardas cable before hehe. Anyone has tried both amps?

Dec 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 5
FUN is FUN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back