Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jan 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #1,216 of 4,156

I'll be getting the low jitter clock upgrades from Audio-GD

Quote:
Is anyone getting the TCXO upgrade from A-GD?
How much are those Cesium clocks?
By the way those the picures of the uprgades on the AGD website do not correspond to the specs of the TCXO being advertised. 24.576MHz vs 80.000MHz

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #1,217 of 4,156

Quote:
pay attention to power voltage.

AGD = 3.3v

fyi, the ideal sample rate for a 24.576 clock is 48 or 96K

Oh yeah supply input = power voltage, I get it!
I guess I'll order it.

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #1,219 of 4,156

Quote:
I wouldn't be so harsh on Edwin, audio-gd sales have increased much more than when Cherry was doing customer service. And we can't know how many hours he spends on emails, he might also have more duties than customer service working at audio-gd, especially when things have been so busy for them.

Anyway, kingwa is seriously hiring 15 workers at one go this time, he should put someone trained, fulltime on the frontline to handle customer relations. Hopefully AGD are going to be way better than before in terms of customer service .

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #1,220 of 4,156

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't be so harsh on Edwin, audio-gd sales have increased much more than when Cherry was doing customer service. And we can't know how many hours he spends on emails, he might also have more duties than customer service working at audio-gd, especially when things have been so busy for them.

Anyway, kingwa is seriously hiring 15 workers at one go this time, he should put someone trained, fulltime on the frontline to handle customer relations. Hopefully AGD are going to be way better than before in terms of customer service .

No trying to be funny but haloxt seems to be doing a pretty good job at customer relations and seems to be motivated to do so.  Kingwa might have the answer to that right under his nose.

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #1,221 of 4,156

Quote:
I am pondering resetting my position in queue and having them put one in my NFB-2, I wonder if it'll be worth the queue reset, $30 and extra time though.

Yep, cause your going to want it done anyways.  You know how the wonder turns into a want then turns into a need, in audio.  You are wondering now, but in no time you will want it and soon their after you will need it.

Go ahead and get it done and save yourself the process....
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #1,222 of 4,156
I might be asking a repeated question which has been queried before -->

According to http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USBface/DSP3.JPG

1. What's the difference of setting SPDIF to active / inactive ?
2. For DI's output, since we see it as coaxial output to DAC, so it should always be I2S out. Isn't it? Why do we need MSB out setting here? Can DI directly connect to PCM1704? I am really confused.

DSP3.JPG

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #1,223 of 4,156
Taking off the jumper enables the spdif, which I assume is in relation to the spdif input.

Can't answer the second question.. though technically anything is possible.

~Yea I might tonight give them the e-mail but they also took it off their site and now its just for the DI

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #1,224 of 4,156

Quote:
There is a new official upgrade for the Digital Interface:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USBface/Clock.htm

No soldering!

Anyone know off hand how these specs compare with the clocks in the HiFace?  Any chance in getting one for 22.579MHz instead, or in addition?  99.9% of my stuff is in 44.1.

24.576MHz for Digital Interface upgrade. Without solder.

Supply input: 3.3V
 Output: Specified frequency, +/-1ppm
 Output voltage : 3.3V
 Output jitter: < 3ps RMS

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #1,225 of 4,156
Well I said once before, AGD needs to make their own forum in which Kingwa can address concerns and questions like he as in his Chinese site.  In this way he can field questions on an open forum where everyone can see instead of answering the same question 100 times by 100 different people via private emails.

This would also build an extensive knowledge base were people can search and get quick answers to their questions which have likely already been asked.

Also I emailed AGD with the suggestion that they take advantage of PayPals business features that will allow them to take orders directly through Paypal with prices automatically adjusted with shipping charges etc.  This would free up a lot of manual labor associated with fielding individual emails for quotes and shipping costs etc for each individual order or even possible order.  Furthermore the whole ordering and tracking system could be automated together with Paypals already built features.  No need to reinvent the wheel, just sign up and let Paypal make your business life easier and more efficient.

On another note, I noticed that the DI has two clocks....one on top of the board and it appears that there is another below the board.  I only replaced the one on top, should you replace both?

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #1,226 of 4,156
Dynobot, Good suggestions. A FAQ for each Audio-gd product would help too from what I've seen from other manufacturer websites. The DI has two clocks? Sounds like what the Hiface had too and people were complaining about their clock sizes. Do they both use the same MHZ? I forgot what each Hiface clock did but I sort of remember they each served a different function.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #1,227 of 4,156

Quote:
Dynobot, Good suggestions. A FAQ for each Audio-gd product would help too from what I've seen from other manufacturer websites. The DI has two clocks? Sounds like what the Hiface had too and people were complaining about their clock sizes. Do they both use the same MHZ? I forgot what each Hiface clock did but I sort of remember they each served a different function.

From what I understand you want your clock to be in sync with the frequencies your Dac chips Master clock accepts.
For example the AGD Dacs support these four frequencies.

[size=10pt]"Clock Autodivide Circuit Supports four Master-Clock Frequencies : 256Fs[/size][size=10pt]、384Fs、512Fs、768Fs"[/size]

[size=10pt]A 24.576MHz clock would take care of the 48 and 96Hz sample rates[/size] as seen below

[size=10pt]48Hz x 512Fs = [/size][size=10pt]24.576MHz[/size]
[size=10pt]96Hz x 256Fs = [/size][size=10pt]24.576MHz[/size]

And a 16.934MHz clock would take care of sample rates with multiples of 44.1Hz

44.1Hz x 384Fs = 16.934MHz
44.1Hz x 768Fz = 33.868Mhz/2 = 16.934MHz

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #1,228 of 4,156
Quote:
No trying to be funny but haloxt seems to be doing a pretty good job at customer relations and seems to be motivated to do so.  Kingwa might have the answer to that right under his nose.

I think if they follow your advice on paypal purchasing and a forum/faq they would have customer service down pat, no need to hire anyone. I am motivated by the discounts audio-gd aims at head-fi :p, I think if sales keep up they will keep giving us promos and better gear, but geez, I have to say their recent promos have really gotten them way in over their heads.

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #1,230 of 4,156
I've discovered, quite accidentally, that my wife's HP Mini 1000 sounds much better than my MacBook Pro with the DI. I had upgraded the OS to W7 and decided to give it a shot with my rig. The difference is far from subtle. Chain is DI>DAC19>C2. It's as if there has been a layer of filth removed from a window. I've been furiosly plugging in different cans and listening to music, the difference is just amazing. Amazing vividness and deeper bass. My LP Sextetts now have a solid and satisfying low end. The monitor amp I've been using for my HE-6's is on the fritz, I can't wait until my Virtue One.2 gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back