Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jul 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #16 of 4,156

Quote:
It already has a terrific built in DC PSU, look carefully at the internal shots. The question is will it be better than the battery powered JKeny HiFace as PG rightly contends ?...Then again the HIFace does not have the DSP1....if this unit is 24/96 async to boot it could be a really good to possibly great alternative. The cool thing is the added connectivity it affords. This unit should be very good depending on the hardware (USB config).

Kingwa never ceases to amaze me.....

Who will be testing this box ? Anyone know yet ?

Peete.

I'm new to Kingwa.  What is the DSP1?  Is this just a converter like the HiFace?

Also it looks like the BNC is wired in parallel to the RCA jack, so I don't know what advantage it's going to have over the RCA?

@pg182:  Come on, don't you think they already know how they're going to play the results of their "test"?
dt880smile.png

USG

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 4,156

Quote:
I'm new to Kingwa.  What is the DSP1?  Is this just a converter like the HiFace?

Also it looks like the BNC is wired in parallel to the RCA jack, so I don't know what advantage it's going to have over the RCA?

@pg182:  Come on, don't you think they already know how they're going to play the results of their "test"?
dt880smile.png

USG

The DSP1 is their own Digital Sound Processor. Not sure where they use it as well.

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #18 of 4,156
Quote:

dt880smile.png

USG

No need to argue about this, it's obvious a customer's opinion has less vested interest than a company's opinion. Even if audio-gd says they like the usbface better it is the consumer's responsibility to find out, not trust the words of competing companies. The only thing that was meant by audio-gd is that they will not sell the usbface if they aren't happy about it.

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #20 of 4,156
This is hilarious! Imaging if someone like Bose would put a Sennheiser HD800 on their website and say that they're doing a comparison so stay tuned.
biggrin.gif

I'll give props to Kingwa though if he publicly admits that HiFace > USBFace. At the very least, he could have chosen an original name.
rolleyes.gif
Its not as complicated as using CAST technology from Krell.
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #21 of 4,156
I think that they will test it first with selected chinese customers and If the product is popular then he will sell it to all customers IMO.

@Peete

I haven't received my hiface jkeny mod yet and I can't wait to try it out. Once I get it, I'll let you try it out.
Some people have reported that the BNC plug outputs 50ohm and not 75ohm by looking at the pictures of the internals of the USBface. What do you think? Are all Audio-GD BNC outputs or inputs 50ohms?

Jul 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #22 of 4,156

Quote:
I'll give props to Kingwa though if he publicly admits that HiFace > USBFace. At the very least, he could have chosen an original name.

He has done that before and he has recommended the hiface to Audio-GD customers. Probably not on his Audio-GD website but at least in emails.
As for the name, yeah it is not very catchy, or original but you have to understand that his english is not very good. Maybe you could recommend him a better name because I know that he is open to comments and suggestions.

Peace!

Jul 3, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #23 of 4,156

Quote:
This is hilarious! Imaging if someone like Bose would put a Sennheiser HD800 on their website and say that they're doing a comparison so stay tuned.
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif
Its not as complicated as using CAST technology from Krell.
wink.gif

Krell did not invent CAST they licensed it from a Japanese outfit ( I think, although it might have already been public domain by that point). That is why the outputs on the back of the A-gd DAC's that use ACSS tech are labeled SATRI. That is the original name for current transmission topology.

Peete.

Jul 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #24 of 4,156

Quote:

dt880smile.png

USG

It's very sophisticated processor that is used for HD signal transmission/processing. It does so many things that to list them all would take me an hour. Kingwa uses just a fraction of it's power but puts it to good use for the application it's intended for.

It's called the Alterra Cyclone II....go to the Alterra website and look up it's info. It's quite a steep technical read but you will get enough useful info form the pages to form a pretty decent picture of what it can do. It's interesting to note that Denon uses the same chip in their 39XX/59XX series DVDP's to process video and likely audio. I came across that by accident when I had a look under the hood of the 3910 DVDP I have.

Peete.

Jul 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #25 of 4,156

Quote:
I think that they will test it first with selected chinese customers and If the product is popular then he will sell it to all customers IMO.

@Peete

I haven't received my hiface jkeny mod yet and I can't wait to try it out. Once I get it, I'll let you try it out.
Some people have reported that the BNC plug outputs 50ohm and not 75ohm by looking at the pictures of the internals of the USBface. What do you think? Are all Audio-GD BNC outputs or inputs 50ohms?

Hi PG,

I'm not really interested in USB but thanks just the same, however I really do appreciate the thoughtful gesture M !!!. The BNC connectors on the CD7 and the RE1 are Canare 75 ohm. Now you know why I swapped out the stock stranded SPC wire for the Illumati COAX
bigsmile_face.gif
(the discussion in the other thread about correct termination all the way through etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back