Audio-gd Digital Interface
Apr 4, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #1,847 of 4,156

Quote:
This may be a little OCD on my part, but would it improve SQ plugging in the DI PSU to a power conditioner?

Not OCD at all. I think that is the entire reason I hear such a big difference with mine.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #1,848 of 4,156
Thanks for the response. I've run out of plugs for my furman ac-215 (only 2 sockets!) so I'll keep my eye out for another one. BTW, are you using stock power cable to feed the DI? I notice you have a pangea 9 feeding your filter. 

Quote:
Not OCD at all. I think that is the entire reason I hear such a big difference with mine.

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #1,849 of 4,156
Quote:

I think it might make a tiny bit of improvement, but we aren't the only ones finding the PSU to be highly beneficial for the price. Did you even try it w/o filter?

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I've run out of plugs for my furman ac-215 (only 2 sockets!) so I'll keep my eye out for another one. BTW, are you using stock power cable to feed the DI? I notice you have a pangea 9 feeding your filter. 

Part of what I like about the audio-gd one... 6 filter sockets! Baird-gow is indeed using the stock cable (or a monoprice 14awg, not a $$ one) to feed his DI.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #1,851 of 4,156

Yeah, wish I got in on the audio-gd filter when it was available - could use the extra sockets. I also got some pangea-9 cords along the way. Minus the HE-6s, my audio chain is looking more like your's and Baird's!

Quote:
I think it might make a tiny bit of improvement, but we aren't the only ones finding the PSU to be highly beneficial for the price. Did you even try it w/o filter?

Part of what I like about the audio-gd one... 6 filter sockets! Baird-gow is indeed using the stock cable (or a monoprice 14awg, not a $$ one) to feed his DI.

Good point. I can finally see what all the power cord fuss is about (or not).

Quote:
I have $3 Monoprice power cables for everything and it sounds great. I had Pangea and a couple of other "upgraded" power cords that are sold. Draw your own conclusions.

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #1,853 of 4,156
>I've run out of plugs for my furman ac-215 (only 2 sockets!) so I'll keep my eye out for another one. 

$120 @

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Furman-Sound-Series-II-Compact-Power-Line-Conditioner/5084431/product.html?cid=123620

Furman makes high quality, professional grade products. The 215 unit filters, spike and surge suppresses, and shuts down in high overvoltage conditions. You might want to consider low voltage, brown-out protection as well. Brown-outs may not kill your equipment as quickly as spikes and surges but they'll do it just as surely.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #1,854 of 4,156
Thanks for the find. I've been periodically checking ebay for a deal. I got a really good deal on my current furman ac-215 - was used but in good working condition for $70 shipped. 

My DI is arriving today - quite excited! Shipping from China is faster than I thought.

Apr 7, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #1,855 of 4,156
I have the Audio-GD Filter and I find that it's a worthy 100$ upgrade.
Has Kingwa said why he discontinued the product and if he intends to replace it with something better or different?

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #1,856 of 4,156
Either Kingwa or Edwin (cant remember which one) said that couldn't reliably get the parts to make the power filter. Hopefully it will come back in the future.

The D-350 really interests me. I haven't heard one yet.

Regards

Macrog

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #1,857 of 4,156
Yeah I'd be very interested in an Audio-GD power regenerator like the Dynamo D350.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #1,858 of 4,156
If you are like me who is wondering whether a wall wart will do the same trick as PSU, I emailed Kingwa several days ago, and he was so kind (damn, i like Audio-GD now) to recommend the 6VDC/1A version from the following link. I have it now, and it works perfectly. Don't ask me whether it changes the sound. i am not going to even bother A/B it. Just want to have a piece of mind without spending a lot of money. I was going to order the PSU from Audio-GD, but the shipping totally kills the deal.

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDrillDownView?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&categoryName=cat_45&subCategoryName=AC-to-DC+Linear+Regulated&category=4535

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #1,859 of 4,156
Quote:
If you are like me who is wondering whether a wall wart will do the same trick as PSU, I emailed Kingwa several days ago, and he was so kind (damn, i like Audio-GD now) to recommend the 6VDC/1A version from the following link. I have it now, and it works perfectly. Don't ask me whether it changes the sound. i am not going to even bother A/B it. Just want to have a piece of mind without spending a lot of money. I was going to order the PSU from Audio-GD, but the shipping totally kills the deal.

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDrillDownView?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&categoryName=cat_45&subCategoryName=AC-to-DC+Linear+Regulated&category=4535

Thats a great tip from Kingwa
The link has two 6v linear regulated units. Would the 1.0A model be better the a 0.5A unit?

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #1,860 of 4,156
Quote:
>I've run out of plugs for my furman ac-215 (only 2 sockets!) so I'll keep my eye out for another one. 

You can always get outlet multipliers and put them on the ac-215. I have it and audio-gd's power filter, I like both but each have different pros and cons, most important is that ac-215 is designed to protect gear from dangerous spikes and brownouts,  and that audio-gd's power filter has multiple kinds of filtering options. Ac-215 really makes the sound cleaner and defined, but at the expense of dynamics, especially for speaker amps. Audio-gd's power filter has a milder effect on the sound in comparison, but more relaxed grip on dynamics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back