Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Feb 24, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #227 of 485
Any news on the upgrade? 😔 i would like to buy a new Teac VRDS 701T

How to use it with DI24HE? I only see output on it

EDIT: Ooooh you want the output going to DI24HE. If thats so I would get it anyway if you really want it.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #229 of 485
It will be great companion to the DI-24 when a new firmware unlocking S/PDIF port is released, as Teac has 10MHz clock input.

For now Audio GD DACs R-8 and up also come with 10MHz clock input. As Teac is expected generating low noise, it would be hardly justified to add a DDC later. Just add a quality clock with two outputs and it is done.

If you have collection of thousands CD's and already own Teac, it makes sense. Otherwise I would suggest ripping all CD's to a laptop and use a pair of DI-24HE with one of Audio GD DACs.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #231 of 485
I hope for spdif input in the d24he as soon in fact.
The question is how fast was the firmwares when the DI20HE first released?

An estimate/assumption, because this is "hardware" change I would say not before winter or next year. It probably needs alot of testing. It looks already pretty advanced with the clock input/output.

....or maybe Kingwa already in testing with the firmware, or else why would he write "Multiduty" ? - He must have tested it since the ports already says that

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #232 of 485
A simple spdif input on the d24he. The cd transport teac has an esternalità clock input ; i could connect both the d24he and the cd transport to my Afterdark master clock
It will be great companion to the DI-24 when a new firmware unlocking S/PDIF port is released, as Teac has 10MHz clock input.

For now Audio GD DACs R-8 and up also come with 10MHz clock input. As Teac is expected generating low noise, it would be hardly justified to add a DDC later. Just add a quality clock with two outputs and it is done.

If you have collection of thousands CD's and already own Teac, it makes sense. Otherwise I would suggest ripping all CD's to a laptop and use a pair of DI-24HE with one of Audio GD DACs.
My setup in the living room does not include a PC . I have hundreds of Cds though… my idea is to connect the d24 he ( stll stuck in Holland waiting for upgrade) to my gustard r26 and both connected to the outputs of my Afterdark ( it has two outputs) . The Teac must be connected to te spdif input of the d24 he. The d24he currently only has one usb input which i would only use for my streamer. I had paid a d20he which unfortunately is no longer produced… sorry for my bad english

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #233 of 485
The question is how fast was the firmwares when the DI20HE first released?

An estimate/assumption, because this is "hardware" change I would say not before winter or next year. It probably needs alot of testing. It looks already pretty advanced with the clock input/output.

....or maybe Kingwa already in testing with the firmware, or else why would he write "Multiduty" ? - He must have tested it since the ports already says that
Kingwa is likely at it already at it. He has a starting point with the di20 fw.

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #234 of 485
My setup in the living room does not include a PC . I have hundreds of Cds though… my idea is to connect the d24 he ( stll stuck in Holland waiting for upgrade) to my gustard r26 and both connected to the outputs of my Afterdark ( it has two outputs) . The Teac must be connected to te spdif input of the d24 he. The d24he currently only has one usb input which i would only use for my streamer. I had paid a d20he which unfortunately is no longer produced… sorry for my bad english
My di20he is still up for sale. 575€. :) still in Canada... :)

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #235 of 485
Kingwa is likely at it already at it. He has a starting point with the di20 fw.
Curious if he solved the phase/invert issue.

Maybe I should downgrade firmware, but my friend says he tried everything

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #238 of 485
Do you see improvements after adding external clock? While Gustard is reported to not benefit from external clock, I don't trust what is said on a Gustard section, it would be worth to hear first hand opinion.

Pairing DI-20/24 is not ideal, as Gustard do not support DSD autodetect, in result will not play DSD over I2S. However if you do not play DSD, DI-20HE is for now better option. Till a new firmware unlock S/PDIF port.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #239 of 485
Can you remind under what conditions?
For me so far only USB input from source/pc. My friend says it also happens on the SPDIF input. The outputs I have tested is HDMI and AES. Will test SPDIF from today

1. Scenario Turn on/off

For no reason it just starts up inverted

Nothing solves this before a power cycle. So far

----

I guess people don´t realise this issue before they do a test. The issue is in DI20HE not the DACs. The output stays the same after dac power cycle

I have tried all sorts of settings on DI20HE whil it was turned on. Nothing helped.

I wish Windows 11 had LR swap, but it does not as far as I can see

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #240 of 485
For me so far only USB input from source/pc. My friend says it also happens on the SPDIF input. The outputs I have tested is HDMI and AES. Will test SPDIF from today

1. Scenario Turn on/off

For no reason it just starts up inverted

Nothing solves this before a power cycle. So far

----

I guess people don´t realise this issue before they do a test. The issue is in DI20HE not the DACs. The output stays the same after dac power cycle

I have tried all sorts of settings on DI20HE whil it was turned on. Nothing helped.

I wish Windows 11 had LR swap, but it does not as far as I can see

So it's channel inversion, not a phase inversion, am I right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back