Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Feb 22, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #211 of 549
This is new to me, I've never heard of this before but its called a ferrocell. Apparently it helps to see the EMF.

Not perfect but at least its something.

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #212 of 549
This is new to me, I've never heard of this before but its called a ferrocell. Apparently it helps to see the EMF.

Not perfect but at least its something.

Beatiful. I remember pictures from the school textbooks, having ferrite powder for our own experiments in the lab as well, but it is stuning and reacts smoothly on field changes.
:)

No, not EMF. It shows a static magnetic field distribution. Electromagnetic field is created only when you start moving these magnets (or change intensity of magnetic field source - in this experiment not possible). Move faster, ferrite particles will not able to follow the changes (they are constrained in a fluid having limited speed), image will get blured, faded.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #213 of 549
Oops, just realized this, sorry wrong thread.

Getting old I guess 🤷‍♂️

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #214 of 549
Hello.

Please tell me, does anyone use this converter in a Linux environment?
And how do you play DSD?
I only have conversion to PCM. Because apparently there are no DSD descriptors in the firmware for Linux.

avito-image(3)_cr.jpg

avito-image(2)_cr.jpg

And everything would be fine... if the Amanero firmware update application worked normally, now for some reason the programmer displays an error about the configuration file being unavailable.

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #215 of 549
Hello.

Please tell me, does anyone use this converter in a Linux environment?
And how do you play DSD?
I only have conversion to PCM. Because apparently there are no DSD descriptors in the firmware for Linux.

avito-image(3)_cr.jpg

avito-image(2)_cr.jpg

And everything would be fine... if the Amanero firmware update application worked normally, now for some reason the programmer displays an error about the configuration file being unavailable.
Which player are you using for music?

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #216 of 549
OS Audiolinux:
Players: MPD, Roon, Squeezelite
Endpoint also works like Diretta Target, but this does not matter because I checked both locally and through Diretta - DSD is played only through conversion. At the same time, when I connect the R7HE MK2 DAC directly, DSD is played back normally by the same players.

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #217 of 549
OS Audiolinux:
Players: MPD, Roon, Squeezelite
Endpoint also works like Diretta Target, but this does not matter because I checked both locally and through Diretta - DSD is played only through conversion. At the same time, when I connect the R7HE MK2 DAC directly, DSD is played back normally by the same players.
https://help.nativedsd.com/en/articles/6948867-playing-dsd-files-on-linux

Could test out a free trial of jriver, thats what I use but they list the config for MPD.

Feb 23, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #218 of 549
Once again - I asked who has the DI24HE converter that plays DSD Native in OS Linux?
What descriptors are prescribed for Amonero?

I just switch the USB cable and get DSD native directly from the DAC. The problem is not with the players and their settings.

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #219 of 549
Press the native dsd button.

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #220 of 549
Once again - I asked who has the DI24HE converter that plays DSD Native in OS Linux?
What descriptors are prescribed for Amonero?

I just switch the USB cable and get DSD native directly from the DAC. The problem is not with the players and their settings.
From the screenshots you posted it looks like Amanero firmware for DI-24HE has no descriptor for a native DSD playback. Therefore it won't play native DSD, but should still play DSD64 and DSD128 in DoP format. It should change when new main FPGA is available with S/PDIF input support.

Can anyone post descriptor table for DI-20 / DI-20HE for comparison?

[EDIT] Screenshot for DI-24 is for inteface #2, there must be Interface #1listed as well, like is the case for R-7.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #223 of 549
1C9A8DBD-2B78-48FF-BB0D-844D59B2ABF5.jpeg

Also waiting for firmware news.:L3000:

Swapped the I2S out -> SPDIF/BNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back