Audio-GD DI-20
Jan 23, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #3,196 of 5,351
Curious how the DI-HE20 is compared to the Singxer SU-6
If you read this thread you will see everybody who had a Singxer says the DI-20 HE is noticeably better.

Jan 30, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #3,198 of 5,351
Anyone with a hdmi i2s cable recommendation? I use the silver one from Ali between the r7he mkii and di20he. Best i have tried so far.
I have purchased a silver cable on Ali that works very well in my opinion between DI20HE and Terminator dac.
But it is impossible to put the address here! (don't know why!)

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #3,199 of 5,351
I have purchased a silver cable on Ali that works very well in my opinion between DI20HE and Terminator dac.
But it is impossible to put the address here! (don't know why!)
Thanks. I have one such cable too or very similar. It works very well indeed. Just looking for even better. Not sure if it is worth looking, though.

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #3,200 of 5,351
Thanks. I have one such cable too or very similar. It works very well indeed. Just looking for even better. Not sure if it is worth looking, though.
May be but at what price? I had considered Afterdark HDMI but I don't know if it is better than the Ali silver.
The Ali is: "AVplay – câble Audiophile i2S/IIS DAC HD-300"
And the seller is Queenway Store

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #3,201 of 5,351
May be but at what price? I had considered Afterdark HDMI but I don't know if it is better than the Ali silver.
The Ali is: "AVplay – câble Audiophile i2S/IIS DAC HD-300"
And the seller is Queenway Store
Yes this is the one i have. It is really good. I have one from Afterdark. But not their best. The avplay beats it. I do not want to spend too much on this for just a small upgrade.

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #3,202 of 5,351
Yes this is the one i have. It is really good. I have one from Afterdark. But not their best. The avplay beats it. I do not want to spend too much on this for just a small upgrade.
I have the AVplay HD300 silver too, better then Audioquest pearl.
Last month I borrowed the Tubulus concentus i2s cable from my friend.
I have to say that this Tubulus silver cable is fantastic, better in every aspect then AVplay. It is thick and rigid.
But costs 650 Euro, too expensive. Tubulus has cheaper ones: Argentus and Libentus, not heard them.

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #3,203 of 5,351
Tubulus has cheaper ones: Argentus and Libentus, not heard them.

I was lucky to get used Argentus for 50% discount . I would say it is a very great cable.

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #3,204 of 5,351
I also agree the AVplay HDMI cable is excellent. Takes a long time to break in.

Those are Canadian dollars for the 0.5m length. That's actually a nice length compared to my other 0.3m cable.

Screenshot_20220202-211745_AliExpress.jpg

20220202_114000.jpg

Feb 3, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #3,205 of 5,351
I just received my DI-20 about 2 weeks ago. It sounded great out-of-the-box. Then I started to run it overnight 24/7 to begin the burn-in process. The sound quality started to degrade. I could repower the DI-20 and the DAC and the sound would come back ... for a while. Then it would start to degrade again. I emailed Kingwas and he sent me instructions to upgrade/optimize the Amareno for my Linux server, I did as instructed and the system sounded great at first. But, eventually the sound started to degrade again. Now, I can't even get the sound to be good even if I repower everything,. My system is: Linux server>DI-20 (via USB)>DAC (mojo audio mystique v2+)> preamp/amp. I even tried my CD transport (which is Coax thru the DI-20 to coax again), and that sounds just as bad. Any advice?

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #3,206 of 5,351
I just received my DI-20 about 2 weeks ago. It sounded great out-of-the-box. Then I started to run it overnight 24/7 to begin the burn-in process. The sound quality started to degrade. I could repower the DI-20 and the DAC and the sound would come back ... for a while. Then it would start to degrade again. I emailed Kingwas and he sent me instructions to upgrade/optimize the Amareno for my Linux server, I did as instructed and the system sounded great at first. But, eventually the sound started to degrade again. Now, I can't even get the sound to be good even if I repower everything,. My system is: Linux server>DI-20 (via USB)>DAC (mojo audio mystique v2+)> preamp/amp. I even tried my CD transport (which is Coax thru the DI-20 to coax again), and that sounds just as bad. Any advice?
The di20 needs over 700h of burn-in. Just be patient. Give it 2 additional weeks. At least. 2 weeks is far from enough.

Feb 3, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #3,209 of 5,351

Users who are viewing this thread

Back