Audio-GD DI-20
Feb 25, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #2,687 of 5,353
From what I hear pulling more money for DI-20HE is a better deal. There is no similar offering on that price. Non-HE version has competitors. It is not a straight answer, sorry, I don't know in person.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #2,688 of 5,353
Hello guys,
Has anyone of you tried Oyaide (or any other brand) DC cables for a Linear Power Supply?

Does it really make a difference from a regular DC cable (provided with the LPS)?

If so, can you share the link from where you bought it?

Feb 25, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #2,689 of 5,353
Hello guys,
Has anyone of you tried Oyaide (or any other brand) DC cables for a Linear Power Supply?

Does it really make a difference from a regular DC cable (provided with the LPS)?

If so, can you share the link from where you bought it?
http://ghentaudio.com/part/list-dc.html

Ghent makes quality cables at affordable prices. I have many but can't say I ever tested to check sound quality. I understand as short as possible, good components and soldering, and proper shielding are important characteristics. Many folks at the AS website say DC cables are critical to the power supply chain.

Feb 26, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #2,690 of 5,353
Ghent or, make your own, get some nice Neotech UP OCC cable, decent plugs ( avoid plugs and soldering where you can) and do take care of geometry and shielding.

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #2,692 of 5,353
I think there is an issue with either your Terminator or DI20HE. When I had the Terminator, I didn't have to change HDMI settings at all on the Terminator, and worked on default settings flawlessly from the DI to Terminator vs HDMI.
Well to be fair any other ddc or streamer i used with terminator was flawless also so maybe its my di20he ?

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #2,695 of 5,353
Congrats to your DI, i have no issues with DSD from the DI20HE to the May, Bitstream (source) in JRiver, channel swap in the DI (L/R) and go. The DI shows DSD? Additional be aware of this "burn in" thing, today 3d, tomorrow maybe not...at least for the first 100H...
Are you using Win ? KinGWA said the current stock FW is not supporting Linux for DSD. I would need to load one for it) but he is now working on a new improved FW that would support Linux so let's see.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,700 of 5,353
Apologies for a potentially stupid question but can the ACSS spdif present in DI20 be somehow connected to BNC?
I happened to purchase a Hugo TT2 and I was wondering if there is any way to connect the DI-20 to it. The bloody thing doesn't have any inputs aside from USB, toslink and BNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back