Audio-GD DI-20
Jan 7, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #2,641 of 5,348
The unit has had probably has 400~ hours of playtime and much more time on. I don't see how that would fix this.
Things I can suggest :
Try a different cable and/or try a different spdif source.

I do find occasionally, switch off the unit for 5 minutes before power on again may help if the noise comes from interference.

Jan 7, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #2,642 of 5,348
The unit has had probably has 400~ hours of playtime and much more time on. I don't see how that would fix this.
Hi, maybe you should try another spdif input eg cdp to ensure that di20 spdif input is ok. I use cdp coax out to spdif input di20 with no problem. Also try use another coax cable.
Hope it helps.

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,643 of 5,348
Hi there,

I recently bought the di-20he and just encountered my first issues with it. There is a sample rate or bit rate (or both) mismatching issue between my pi2aes coaxial out and the di-20he coaxial in. I have tested the pi2aes separately in my chain with no issues, but with the di-20he coaxial, I get very harsh buzzing/artefacting whenever no sound is playing or when I change sample rates between multiples of 44.1 or 48 khz. I reached out to Kingwa about this and he suggested that the pi2aes is outputting too little voltage which just doesn't make any sense to me, considering it's working fine elsewhere. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix? I like the sound more than just a pi usb into the di-20he, but cannot even use my system cause of the buzzing right now.
Hi there,
I experienced this same issue with a DI-20.
Kingwa gave me the same advice he has given you.
The issue was fixed as I upgraded the firmware to FW V4.075.
Good luck.

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #2,647 of 5,348
You can download version Quartus 16.0 programming s/w here. No login or license required. Windows 32 and 64.
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=636DC4E8060D66A1!321&cid=636DC4E8060D66A1

I have nothing to do with the online instructions. But feel free to ask for advice or help on this thread. I think programming, USB JTAG adapters, and firmware updating were discussed recently on the R7 DAC thread.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #2,649 of 5,348
Quick question about ACSS. The DI20 has a single ACSS output port. But the Master 9 needs 2 ACSS input cables, one per channel. What is the proper cable to use or is there a single end to dual end ACSS cable? I do not see one on the website under cables?

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #2,650 of 5,348
Quick question about ACSS. The DI20 has a single ACSS output port. But the Master 9 needs 2 ACSS input cables, one per channel. What is the proper cable to use or is there a single end to dual end ACSS cable? I do not see one on the website under cables?
Cables won't help. It is a digital S/PDIF interface which is using ACSS link (a type of physical connection). It carries two digital channels and a clock signal on the same wire. This output is used to connect a DAC having the same type of input. It extends standard S/PDIF frequency range up to 384k samples per second.

Your Master 9 takes analog signal, it is why there are two ACSS connectors - one per each channel..

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,651 of 5,348

ACSS is just Kingwa’s marketing speak to describe signal circuits for the DI-20 SPDIF output are build on the current domain versus voltage. And the M9’ACSS I/Os are analog audio and again processed in the current domain. So two different functions but each called ACSS.

The ACSS SPDIF output is compatible with regular 75 ohm coax inputs. But the M9’s ACSS analog I/Os are only compatible with other ACSS analog or Krell’s CAST.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #2,652 of 5,348

Between the DI20 and M9, you likely need to have a DAC such as the R8/R7. You cannot send a digital steam directly to the M9 without coverting it to an analog signal.

Once converted by a DAC, the outputs from the Audio GD DAC would have ACSS connection
from DAC to M9

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #2,654 of 5,348
hello! where is the best price for DI-20HE ?
need worldwide shipping
The best price is to get it now. It has a 5 % discount if you are buying one item. If you are getting something else, you may get up to 7.5%.

Audio GD only sell direct with the listed price + shipping & paypal.

Unless you wait for the used market, you can't get it any cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back