Audio-GD DI-20
Mar 19, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #5,221 of 5,348
wrong thread

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #5,222 of 5,348
wrong thread
Did you receive pinout of Rose 150 for DSD transfers? The seem to not support native DSD over I2S, as their documentation only show pinout for the PCM. It can be the same situation as with Douk Audio U2Pro which is reversing DDS channels when connecting to the R-7. Here for comparison is attached pinout for U2Pro.
IMG_20240320_093950.png

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #5,223 of 5,348
Did you receive pinout of Rose 150 for DSD transfers? The seem to not support native DSD over I2S, as their documentation only show pinout for the PCM. It can be the same situation as with Douk Audio U2Pro which is reversing DDS channels when connecting to the R-7. Here is attached pinout for U2Pro.
IMG_20240320_093950.png
Just assuming: I really doubt there is anything wrong with the pinouts on the I2S board(Audio-gd) as the HDMI is hard wired and the firmware is the same for all of them. There should be something really wrong in the production which would effect more units.

Since it works in USB it tells me the source is the culprit

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #5,224 of 5,348
Just assuming: I really doubt there is anything wrong with the pinouts on the I2S board(Audio-gd) as the HDMI is hard wired and the firmware is the same for all of them. There should be something really wrong in the production which would effect more units.

Since it works in USB it tells me the source is the culprit
Audio GD pinout is not wrong, it is 100% compatible with PS Audio. But PS Audio standard do not cover pinout for DSD transfers. PS Audio pinout is de-facto standard, but a native DSD over I2S was introduced later. It is why there are more incompatibilities in the pinout for native DSD transfers.

I didn't try this, but if you look at a difference in a pinout between U2Pro and R-7, it is clear that DSD channels for a native DSD over I2S will be reversed. No question about. Douk Audio is not in position for setting up standards, so we don't know which pinout is correct.

Rose publish I2S pinout only for PCM transfers, so native DSD transfer from Rose 150 to the R-7 is technically unsupported. And we don't know from @duffer5 if they ever responded to a compatibility query.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #5,225 of 5,348
Audio GD pinout is not wrong, it is 100% compatible with PS Audio. But PS Audio standard do not cover pinout for DSD transfers. PS Audio pinout is de-facto standard, but a native DSD over I2S was introduced later. It is why there are more incompatibilities in the pinout for a native DSD transfers.

I didn't try this, but if you look at a difference in pinout between U2Pro and R-7, it is clear that DSD channels for a native DSD over I2S will be reversed. No question about.

Rose publish I2S pinout only for PCM transfers, so native DSD transfer from Rose 150 to the R-7 is technically unsupported. And we don't know from @duffer5 if they ever responded to a compatibility query.
I tried several sources. All had the same issue. And Rose never responded. So I am at a loss. I have moved on regardless. Thank you for the input though. I appreciate your help.

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #5,226 of 5,348
I tried several sources. All had the same issue. And Rose never responded. So I am at a loss. I have moved on regardless. Thank you for the input though. I appreciate your help.
It is just weird it works with USB as you mentioned before. I am trying to understand why the swap is there.

The swap is permenant right. Not happening randomly on powering on?

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #5,227 of 5,348
It is just weird it works with USB as you mentioned before. I am trying to understand why the swap is there.

The swap is permenant right. Not happening randomly on powering on?
Yes. Worked on all other sources for pcm and dsd from the A-GD DAC except i2s keeping in mind i2s is its own board. Tried several streamers and all had the same issue. Changed out A-GD DAC issue went away immediately. I am not an engineer so I can’t even hypothesize as to what the issue was. But I don’t have the A-GD DAC anymore so there is that but odd at best.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #5,229 of 5,348
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #5,231 of 5,348
Yes. Worked on all other sources for pcm and dsd from the A-GD DAC except i2s keeping in mind i2s is its own board. Tried several streamers and all had the same issue.
You didn't try Holo Audio. It has the same pinout as Audio GD. There will be no DSD swap if you connect those two.

I can bring more brands supporting the same pinout as Audio GD. But brands that use the same open source libraries for streamers without understanding what output is produced exhibit the same problem.

And now is a criticism from my side. You connected Rose 150 which do not officially support native DSD over I2S and trash Audio GD for a swapped DSD. But you keep Rose even they do not answer support calls. They do not answer as they have no idea how.

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #5,232 of 5,348
Please, can you tell with a few words what the MM does better?
Thx again.
This is Delta-Sigma, it always does better.
:wink:

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #5,233 of 5,348
You didn't try Holo Audio. It has the same pinout as Audio GD. There will be no DSD swap if you connect those two.

I can bring more brands supporting the same pinout as Audio GD. But brands that use the same open source libraries for streamers without understanding what output is produced exhibit the same problem.

And now is a criticism from my side. You connected Rose 150 which do not officially support native DSD over I2S and trash Audio GD for a swapped DSD. But you keep Rose even they do not answer support calls. They do not answer as they have no idea how.
Nope. Got rid of rose too. I tried the Holo May as well. It worked and it worked with all my sources.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #5,234 of 5,348
Just received a new COAX cable I will be trying with my DI20HE in the weekend. COAX is fun :L3000:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #5,235 of 5,348
1. Deleting all the posts
2. Has had the R7 for a very long time now without asking for help in the main-thread. I must have missed it
3. Sold the Rose also recently?
4. Im probably going to use the ignore button. Sorry. I am sorry for trying to help you. It won´t happen again :)
5. No hard feelings

I don´t care what taste people have but checkmarks on the first 3, makes me pull the 4. step Sorry
What in the heck are you talking about. I was thankful for your help. Did I somehow offend you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back