Audio-GD DI-20
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #5,236 of 5,348
What in the heck are you talking about. I was thankful for your help. Did I somehow offend you.
Why did you delete all the posts?

Don´t mind me but I go in conspiracy real fast when I see a pattern.

No hard feelings I changed my post actually :)

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #5,237 of 5,348
Why did you delete all the posts?

Don´t mind me but I go in conspiracy real fast when I see a pattern.

No hard feelings I "deleted" my post actually :)
I deleted post because they did not add value. I felt like I was more concerned about complaining than actually informing. This group are fans of Audio—gd and who am I to deter that. Thus the post deletes. .

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #5,238 of 5,348
Any
I deleted post because they did not add value. I felt like I was more concerned about complaining than actually informing. This groups are fans of Audio—gd and who am I to deter that. Thus the post deletes. .
Ah ok. Then I am sorry for being too fast of judging. Now that I see it from your perspective it is actually thoughtful of you :)

No hard feelings

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #5,239 of 5,348
No problem. Same for the Rose. Lots of people love that device. I moved on quietly even though I had major operational issues, not an issue with Rose as a company. They are trying their best.
Not for me to rain on peoples parade.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #5,240 of 5,348
Hey there,
i am also selling my DI 20 HE with accusilicon clocks, in the EU, if You dont mind me, to post it here:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/196304783130

And it is my first post at all and i want to say thank You to everyone writing here, i read a lot here in the last years :)

One thing @duffer5: It is nice of You to stay modest and friendly, and not to rain on peoples parade. But i think people need some evaluation and advice, how some gear acts with other. Although maybe too much of it is subjective, Your opinion and the opinion of others here gave me lots of input, which helped me. I simply like the empirical approach:)

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #5,241 of 5,348
Hey there,
i am also selling my DI 20 HE with accusilicon clocks, in the EU, if You dont mind me, to post it here:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/196304783130

And it is my first post at all and i want to say thank You to everyone writing here, i read a lot here in the last years :)

One thing @duffer5: It is nice of You to stay modest and friendly, and not to rain on peoples parade. But i think people need some evaluation and advice, how some gear acts with other. Although maybe too much of it is subjective, Your opinion and the opinion of others here gave me lots of input, which helped me. I simply like the empirical approach:)
bought 😉

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #5,242 of 5,348
I have had problems with DI20HE swapping channels in boot sequence. It does not do that anymore when it is only in I2S, and only one DAC

This means I have to buy one more. The DI20(non-he) is on the way for the the R1N. DI20HE is for R8H2.

I just love the 20

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #5,243 of 5,348
Hi,
I'm selling my DI-20HE with ACCu clocks. 230v - white display purchased new from AGD in June last year. If anyone is interested PM me. I'm in NZ so we need to work something out shipping wise.
Its not listed anywhere currently just thought i'd post here first. cheers

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #5,244 of 5,348
I have had problems with DI20HE swapping channels in boot sequence. It does not do that anymore when it is only in I2S, and only one DAC

This means I have to buy one more. The DI20(non-he) is on the way for the the R1N. DI20HE is for R8H2.

I just love the 20
I tested the DI24 and sent it back - the DI20-HE is incredible and the most important unit in my audio chain -what it does to the sound is simply amazing.
It transforms even my beloved HD600 into a big soundstager:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #5,245 of 5,348
I tested the DI24 and sent it back - the DI20-HE is incredible and the most important unit in my audio chain -what it does to the sound is simply amazing.
It transforms even my beloved HD600 into a big soundstager:gs1000smile:
I think the pairing of DI20/HE and R1N is such a big upgrade it will make more R1N owners speechless.

I think the DI24HE needs a highend dac(minimum R8MK2) to take the sound further. What R1N/DI20HE adds as analog texture R8 already have that analog velvety texture. Adding DI20HE to the R8 it can be overwhelming….so the DI24HE is the answer for the higher dacs in Audio-gd that is my assumption from owners impression on the thread.
——
I actually want to add the DI20(non-he) to the R8H2 not the R1N when I think of what I just wrote above

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #5,246 of 5,348
Adding DI20HE to the R8 it can be overwhelming….so the DI24HE is the answer for the higher dacs in Audio-gd that is my assumption from owners impression on the thread.
Educated guess. :)
——
I actually want to add the DI20(non-he) to the R8H2 not the R1N when I think of what I just wrote above
Keep downgrading. LOL

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #5,247 of 5,348
I did this.

0. Unplugged all cables, unplugged the power cord from the power strip and let it discharge
1. Connected the power cable and blaster usb
2. Started the software
3. Turned on the DI
4. Choose the blaster in the drop down menu
5. Chose the latest firmware file
6. Clicked start.
7. Turned of the DI after completion
8. Unplugged the blaster unit

Seems to have fixed the SPDIF issue when it is shut off or restarting the computer. No noise.
@Hengstenberg The link for download is here:

1. software
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...design-software-version-13-1-for-windows.html

2. Firmware page. Choose the latest for your DI.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Firmwaredownload.htm

3. Important that you follow the guide regarding how to plug/unplug the blaster cable
http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/R8/R8updateEN.htm

(You will have to use the one and only USB port that works, and that is the BIOS update USB port, with the white frame around it. It is not recoignized on the other port of the motherboard.)

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #5,248 of 5,348
Educated guess. :)

Keep downgrading. LOL
Kinda yeah! :sweat_smile:

Nah I just want to isolate the channels and choose between soundcard outputs(USB/DI20HE/R8H2 - SPDIF/DI20/R1N) on the computer so there are completely silent on L and R.

When they are connected to one DI(all outputs are active), let say AES/R8H2 and I2S/R1N I can hear both DACs playing. The one that is not selected on H9LE still bleed through....with couple of ms latency. All outputs are not precisely the same sync....Only one dac on one DI, unfortunately.

This just means I need to buy the Master 19 for the R1N:sweat_smile: - I also want ACSS on both dacs.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #5,249 of 5,348
When they are connected to one DI(all outputs are active), let say AES/R8H2 and I2S/R1N I can hear both DACs playing. The one that is not selected on H9LE still bleed through....with couple of ms latency. All outputs are not precisely the same sync....Only one dac on one DI, unfortunately.
For bleeding from unused channel you have shielding or ground loop problem. Filters on power cords can be responsible for. You need to solve this problem, it is not good. In 95% user error.

Secondly, do not expect different outputs of DI to play in sync. S/PDIF will be lagging I2S, it is normal. No complain, please.
:)

Also remember that R1 NOS do not support 176kHz on S/PDIF, there will be noise.

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #5,250 of 5,348
For bleeding from unused channel you have shielding or ground loop problem. Filters on power cords can be responsible for. You need to solve this problem, it is not good. In 95% user error.

Secondly, do not expect different outputs of DI to play in sync. S/PDIF will be lagging I2S, it is normal. No complain, please.
:)

Also remember that R1 NOS do not support 176kHz on S/PDIF, there will be noise.
It is very normal the inputs bleed. If I have XLR playing and ACSS channel is selected, it is normal to hear it but it is very low

Users who are viewing this thread

Back