Audio-GD DI-20
May 10, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #4,801 of 5,351
Somebody has working drivers, but I'm not sure if anybody tried on Windows 11

I hope the guys @DACLadder @FredA @Jandu @JaMo can help.

May 10, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #4,802 of 5,351
For reference this where I bought the USB Blaster

Product description:
1. Stably support the function of SignalTap II embedded logic analyzer, and it will never be messy when grasping data!;
2. Support the whole series of devices of ALTERA company. Absolutely full series, don't worry that a device does not support it!
CPLDs: MAX3000, MAX7000, MAX9000, MAXII, etc.
FPGA: Strix, strixii, StratxIII, Cyclone, CycloneII, CycloneIII, ACEX1K, APEX20K, FLEX10K, etc.
Active serial configuration devices: EPCS1, EPCS4, EPCS16, EPCS64, etc.
Enhanced configuration devices: EPC1, EPC4, etc.
3. Supports three download modes: AS, PS, and JTAG;
4. Support communication with Nios II embedded soft core processor and system debugging, Rev.C latest firmware!;
5. Fast speed: 6 times faster than the common parallel download line byteblastii;
6. Easy to use: MiniUSB interface, easy to connect, 2 status indicator lights make debugging more handy.
7. Must: currently, laptops have almost eliminated parallel ports, so the commonly used ByteblasterMV and ByteblasterII download lines can no longer be used on laptops, so it is convenient for notebook users to choose USB download lines, it is must be.
8. Fully compatible with ALTERA USB Blaster, the usage method, function and performance are consistent with the original download line of ALTERA.

I tried uninstalling the driver from Quartus v13, rebooted the computer, installed the driver from Quartus v22, reboot, the USB Blaster was recognised in the Device Manager but did not appear in Quartus v22 or Quartus v13.
I uninstalled the driver from the Quartus v22, rebooted, installed the one from Quartus v13 and the USB Blaster is recognised again but when clicking « start » from the « Programmer » window it still fails.
Have you followed the procedure as provided by audio-gd? The di20 of course has to be turned on once connected. We have all this right i guess... No issue here with either Windows 8 or 10. And Quartus v12.

Could be your blaster. According to one of the reviews on ali, it does not work with the Atera Cyclone IV.

May 10, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #4,803 of 5,351
I'm also wondering if the blaster driver(s) installed correctly.

From the photos it seems this is the same Blaster I have (3 or 4 of them all the same, 2 came with Audio-gd boxes, others I ordered from ebay)

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #4,804 of 5,351
We really don't need one, and Kingwa has not been about gratuitous newdity :D
Maybe for those of WE who don't want to deal with "tricky"
I am trying to upgrade my DI-20HE to the latest firmware but the operation is tricky.
because there are quite a few of these upgrade challenges reported here...

May 10, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #4,805 of 5,351
Maybe for those of WE who don't want to deal with "tricky"

because there are quite a few of these upgrade challenges reported here...

This is part of the Audio-gd experience. UI is not very good. All the money and engineering goes into sound quality.

May 10, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #4,806 of 5,351
Have you followed the procedure as provided by audio-gd? The di20 of course has to be turned on once connected. We have all this right i guess... No issue here with either Windows 8 or 10. And Quartus v12.

Could be your blaster. According to one of the reviews on ali, it does not work with the Atera Cyclone IV.
I followed those guides:

- http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/Quatusinstall.htm
except I don’t know what is the « DACLadder 's "Altera Blaster Checks" document » metionned
- http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20/DI20EN_update.htm

The driver looks in pretty good shape:

tmp.png

During the whole process the DDC was ON.

What is « Atera Cyclone IV » you mentionned? I didn’t see it anywhere in the guides

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #4,807 of 5,351
May 10, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #4,810 of 5,351
Confirm with the seller.
I think the question is why is Cyclone IV needed? I haven't seen this mentioned before.

May 10, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #4,812 of 5,351
It is the dsp used in audio-gd.productd, so the blaster needs to support it.

Thanks, I don't think I ever saw that mentioned before!

May 10, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #4,813 of 5,351
yeah looks like he's having a blast with this part of the AGD experience...

May 10, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #4,814 of 5,351
yeah looks like he's having an Altera Blaster with this part of the AGD experience...
Fixed that for you :wink:

And yet, many of us have flashed Audio-gd DACs and DI-20s with zero problems.

May 10, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #4,815 of 5,351
Fixed that for you :wink:

And yet, many of us have flashed Audio-gd DACs and DI-20s with zero problems.
I thought it was a pun too haha
About my problem, it is really only now that I want to flash it that I am struggling, and it is only because nowhere a Cyclone IV is ever mentionned on the official documentation. So I bought the first USB Blaster that I found online that looked like the one on the photo in that documentation without wondering that there could be some incompatibility.
But I am glad I found this forum and that I have hints to pursue, without you I would have been stuck there haha. Not that the product is less usuable than when I didn’t care about firmware versions, but I think that since it is a possibility offered it is nice to see if it can have some impact on the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back