Audio-GD DI-20
Apr 24, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #4,786 of 5,353
Watched some indie concert videos this weekend and those electric guitars sounded so real it was crazy.

Apr 24, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #4,788 of 5,353
or there network isolater, cant recall the name right now.

Our LAN iSilencer works on RJ45, while OptiBox (available only with our NEO Stream) converts RJ45 into optical signal, so it's an isolator as well. Hope this helps, thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 24, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #4,789 of 5,353
Our LAN iSilencer works on RJ45, while OptiBox (available only with our NEO Stream) converts RJ45 into optical signal, so it's an isolator as well. Hope this helps, thanks!
Can I eliminate the optbox if I have optical fiber from the router?

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #4,790 of 5,353
Is it likely that we will see a new ddc from Kingwa in the near future? 😊

We really don't need one, and Kingwa has not been about gratuitous newdity :D

Can I eliminate the optbox if I have optical fiber from the router?

Sure! Just vacuum the fibers, after you clean the router everything will sound better :D

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #4,793 of 5,353
No. I know the di20’s sound great, as I have heard them, but i would hate buying one, if a new one is on its way 😉

How is the status on some of the issues? Like channels shifting etc? Has it been fixed with a firmware?
Own one since the early days of DI20, quite solid performer. Had some issues but was fixed by a firmware replacement (old version) which was quite easy. It has seen a couple more changes in firmware update, only the sound signature is becoming better. Reliability has not changed since that early firmware update and has been quite solid.
I am using a Linux based streamer, Rpi4B

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #4,794 of 5,353
No. I know the di20’s sound great, as I have heard them, but i would hate buying one, if a new one is on its way 😉

How is the status on some of the issues? Like channels shifting etc? Has it been fixed with a firmware?

He does not often produce new gear. If anything is in the works there are one or two guys who might know.

There are no issues that I know of, I have a DI-20 and a DI-20HE and zero problems.

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #4,795 of 5,353
Own one since the early days of DI20, quite solid performer. Had some issues but was fixed by a firmware replacement (old version) which was quite easy. It has seen a couple more changes in firmware update, only the sound signature is becoming better. Reliability has not changed since that early firmware update and has been quite solid.
I am using a Linux based streamer, Rpi4B
He does not often produce new gear. If anything is in the works there are one or two guys who might know.

There are no issues that I know of, I have a DI-20 and a DI-20HE and zero problems.
Thanks. Doesnt seem to be much issues to be afraid of then 😉

I use a Lumin U2 Mini and a SU-1 with SOtM sCLK-EX board at the moment. Compared to the di20he, the presentations are very different.

A friend of mine will bring a Hermes ddc saturday, and im curious how it will sound in my system with my Pontus 2 Dac.

I have an Afterdark Queen clock i will try with the Hermes. I have not had anything to Connect it to yet.

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #4,796 of 5,353
Hello, I am trying to upgrade my DI-20HE to the latest firmware but the operation is tricky.
In several posts in this thread it is mentionned a « DACLadder check JTAG… » pdf guide that I cannot find, but I still found this guide that doesn’t seem so bad http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20/DI20EN_update.htm

- I downloaded Quartus 13
- I plugged USB Blaster from the PC to the DDC and updated the driver with the one in the Quartus driver folder
- In « hardware setup » I selected USB Blaster
- I added the file « DP-20_V4.076.jic » which is the latest firmware

Then I could have waited as long as I wanted, the progress bar didn’t progress. The following screenshot was taken the day after I clicked start:

tmp.png

When I clicked stop, nothing happened. The stop button was still clickable but it didn’t do anything. Several hours later I unplugged the DDC and closed Quartus.

Then I installed Quartus v22. This time when I click Start, I get « Error (209040): Can't access JTAG chain », then « Operation Failed ».

When I launch JTAG Chain Debugger, clicking « Test JTAG Chain » doesn’t do anything (no logs).

Any ideas?

Here is the USB Blaster I have if it is of any help:
tmp.png

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #4,797 of 5,353
Hello, what Windows version is it? Did you have any difficulty installing the Altera/Quartus drivers?

May 9, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #4,799 of 5,353
Windows 11, everything went smoothly until I clicked Start :)
I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB Blaster driver but it didn’t help

I'm sorry, I am sure some of the guys will be able to help.

May 9, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #4,800 of 5,353
Hello, I am trying to upgrade my DI-20HE to the latest firmware but the operation is tricky.
In several posts in this thread it is mentionned a « DACLadder check JTAG… » pdf guide that I cannot find, but I still found this guide that doesn’t seem so bad http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20/DI20EN_update.htm

- I downloaded Quartus 13
- I plugged USB Blaster from the PC to the DDC and updated the driver with the one in the Quartus driver folder
- In « hardware setup » I selected USB Blaster
- I added the file « DP-20_V4.076.jic » which is the latest firmware

Then I could have waited as long as I wanted, the progress bar didn’t progress. The following screenshot was taken the day after I clicked start:

tmp.png

When I clicked stop, nothing happened. The stop button was still clickable but it didn’t do anything. Several hours later I unplugged the DDC and closed Quartus.

Then I installed Quartus v22. This time when I click Start, I get « Error (209040): Can't access JTAG chain », then « Operation Failed ».

When I launch JTAG Chain Debugger, clicking « Test JTAG Chain » doesn’t do anything (no logs).

Any ideas?

Here is the USB Blaster I have if it is of any help:
tmp.png

For reference this where I bought the USB Blaster https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003749211557.html

Product description:
1. Stably support the function of SignalTap II embedded logic analyzer, and it will never be messy when grasping data!;
2. Support the whole series of devices of ALTERA company. Absolutely full series, don't worry that a device does not support it!
CPLDs: MAX3000, MAX7000, MAX9000, MAXII, etc.
FPGA: Strix, strixii, StratxIII, Cyclone, CycloneII, CycloneIII, ACEX1K, APEX20K, FLEX10K, etc.
Active serial configuration devices: EPCS1, EPCS4, EPCS16, EPCS64, etc.
Enhanced configuration devices: EPC1, EPC4, etc.
3. Supports three download modes: AS, PS, and JTAG;
4. Support communication with Nios II embedded soft core processor and system debugging, Rev.C latest firmware!;
5. Fast speed: 6 times faster than the common parallel download line byteblastii;
6. Easy to use: MiniUSB interface, easy to connect, 2 status indicator lights make debugging more handy.
7. Must: currently, laptops have almost eliminated parallel ports, so the commonly used ByteblasterMV and ByteblasterII download lines can no longer be used on laptops, so it is convenient for notebook users to choose USB download lines, it is must be.
8. Fully compatible with ALTERA USB Blaster, the usage method, function and performance are consistent with the original download line of ALTERA.

I tried uninstalling the driver from Quartus v13, rebooted the computer, installed the driver from Quartus v22, reboot, the USB Blaster was recognised in the Device Manager but did not appear in Quartus v22 or Quartus v13.
I uninstalled the driver from the Quartus v22, rebooted, installed the one from Quartus v13 and the USB Blaster is recognised again but when clicking « start » from the « Programmer » window it still fails.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back