Audio-GD DI-20
Mar 23, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #3,377 of 5,353
Maybe some of our headphoneus Supremus can suggest. Yup, I turn off A/C in my music room in the daytime (30-35c) and keep A/C on at night (20-23c).

I normally have it on 24/7 too but just want to check whether it's right to do.

Mar 23, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #3,378 of 5,353
Speaking of which, do you normally keep DI-20HE on 24/7? From the AGD site, it is not necessary to routinely turn on and off unless there is a power outage or thunderstorm. Will this make the unit's life shorter by keeping it on 24/7? It is around 35c here in Bangkok.

Also, how long should we prepare the unit (from turning off) until it's ready in terms of SQ again? I hope it is not as much as a day like an external clock ...
Similar temperature in Taiwan, I have mine DI-20 for long time now and kept it on 24/7, I do turn it off overnight once every few months.

Mar 23, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #3,379 of 5,353
I turned off my di20he at some point. Warm up time is not so long. The HE gears warm up more rapidly. The original r2r7 would take over 12h to get up to speed so absolutely had to be left on 24/7. No more the case IMO even with the non-HE dacs.

Mar 23, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #3,380 of 5,353
I turned off my di20he at some point. Warm up time is not so long. The HE gears warm up more rapidly. The original r2r7 would take over 12h to get up to speed so absolutely had to be left on 24/7. No more the case IMO even with the non-HE dacs.
Warm up is one thing and stabilization another. Both important for the oscillator. But yes it does not take very long to get DI20HE to perform at the top.

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #3,382 of 5,353
Thanks for all comments, I will run my DI-20HE 24/7 and turn it off sometimes.

By the way, what AC cable you guys use with DI-20? I use the one from Audio GD. (http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Cables/PowerCablesEN.htm) Is there any cable worth upgrading with reasonable price I should try?

Mar 24, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #3,383 of 5,353
Mar 24, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #3,384 of 5,353
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #3,385 of 5,353
Hi guys,
i followed this thread with intrest in the past but left it cause i pulled the trigger on a used su1 singxer,my interest for the hi 20 was gone.now i m popping again for some help.
ok,as i told you i bought from a neighboor the su1 for a good price..tbh it s good.
lately,i donno what happened but stopped working.the blue power is showing on ,but it s not recognised neither by my streamer based on euphony os and jcat usb xe neither my macbook neiter my dealer streamer.
i dont know what to do… i read somewhere that i need to update the software but donno how to do it since it is not reconizable.
anyway this is part of my inquiry if anyone can help please let me know..
the second part is more interesting…….
my dealer this morning loaned me a mutec ref10 master clock to try with my etherregen switch.
i m using a topping d10s as ddc now,and i ve been not happy,not involved of my system lately….anyway.mutec is connected since 2 hrs now,and what i can say is,it is mindboggling addictive….my system jumped 2 steps up no kidding.
now that i m considering buying the ref10,should i go with su2 or di 20he or di20?
by the way i ve been using the chinese clock bg7 also ,the ref10 is a league up.

Mar 24, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #3,386 of 5,353
Hi guys,
i followed this thread with intrest in the past but left it cause i pulled the trigger on a used su1 singxer,my interest for the hi 20 was gone.now i m popping again for some help.
ok,as i told you i bought from a neighboor the su1 for a good price..tbh it s good.
lately,i donno what happened but stopped working.the blue power is showing on ,but it s not recognised neither by my streamer based on euphony os and jcat usb xe neither my macbook neiter my dealer streamer.
i dont know what to do… i read somewhere that i need to update the software but donno how to do it since it is not reconizable.
my dealer this morning loaned me a mutec ref10 master clock to try with my etherregen switch.
i m using a topping d10s as ddc now,and i ve been not happy,not involved of my system lately….anyway.mutec is connected since 2 hrs now,and what i can say is,it is mindboggling addictive….my system jumped 2 steps up no kidding.
now that i m considering buying the ref10,should i go with su2 or di 20he or di20?
by the way i ve been using the chinese clock bg7 also ,the ref10 is a league up.
DEpends on you dac but you can't go wrong with either.

Mar 24, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #3,387 of 5,353
Hi guys,
If you like the REF10 you could consider a Mutec MC-3+ USB for the DDC if you are not using an Audio-gd DAC and don't need IIS.

Mar 24, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #3,388 of 5,353
When using an external clock, the internal ones do not even need to stabilize.
Not to debate, but are you sure?

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #3,390 of 5,353
But Kingwa could be using the internal clocks to implement his digital pll..
I am sure, he does. Some jitter of the internal clock is added to the output, but it is not in direct relationship, as PLL follows the external clock.

The same situation is when decoding S/PDIF datastream. A chip that Audio GD is using is also deploying digital PLL and the oscilator can be a standard type. There is no benefit of using low-jitter oscilator in this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back