Audio-GD DI-20
Mar 28, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #3,406 of 5,353
Tried many solutions. Not good. Wifi is best.
Well, WiFi is the best, but not the internal WiFi. You missed a whole point. You should try WiFi extender, disable internal WiFi.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #3,407 of 5,353
Hi guys, so I take it that's it's possible to power the DI-20 from a 5V supply? Would I need dual 5v DC power or just one? I have a very good DC LPS with supercaps that outputs 5V.

If so, I assume that would put the DI-20 performance closer to the DI-20 HE - even moreso the HE version would become unnecessary right?
You need a dual psu, with two separate windings at least and separate rectifiers. One 5v source is for the usb side, another one is for the clean side. Maybe you'll get close to a HE. Not sure.

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #3,408 of 5,353
Well, WiFi is the best, but not the internal WiFi. You missed a whole point. You should try WiFi extender, disable internal WiFi.
Nope..Im running a custom psu with 6x lt3045 on the zen stream. These wifi extender won't have the same power quality and will just ruin it. I've already powered switches with the hypsos and it's 👎👎👎.

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #3,409 of 5,353
Nope..Im running a custom psu with 6x lt3045 on the zen stream. These wifi extender won't have the same power quality and will just ruin it. I've already powered switches with the hypsos and it's 👎👎👎.
Nonsence, internal WiFi is a reason you need so many devices. And you didn't try the extender yet.

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #3,410 of 5,353
Already did that and powered it with Hypsos + dxpwr.

Not recommended.
Screenshot_20220328-192757.jpg

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #3,411 of 5,353
As you can see, I understand the limits of reclocking. Typical wired Ethernet (and added sfp+ option) has too much reclocking that may be same same different different and powered with poor psu quality will bring more problems than solutions. Each device the data hops on from modem to router to switch to sfp or whatever gets worse. Each stage, there is reclocking. My solution is simply have the ZS connect to the hotspot of my phone. There's only on device 'to hop' and both are wireless. I've heard the gains in this. On the other end though, I can't pare down my usb chain.

I have a wireless modem with 4g sim card and I'll try to see how that goes but I have a lonnnggg queue of cable and psu builds before that happens.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #3,412 of 5,353
As you can see, I understand the limits of reclocking. Typical wired Ethernet (and added sfp+ option) has too much reclocking that may be same same different different and powered with poor psu quality will bring more problems than solutions. Each device the data hops on from modem to router to switch to sfp or whatever gets worse. Each stage, there is reclocking.
Nonsense. There is no reclocking on Ethernet, but asynchronous data delivery, similar jitter-free method like with USB.

Mar 28, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #3,414 of 5,353
But each device has a clock right? So there u go.
The whole connectivity idea is to not break asynchronous datastream delivery. In this way reclockers are completely redundant and the only clock that maters is internal DAC clock. It is DI-20 thread, I answer that way. Get a better DDC and get rid of all this unnecessary stuff.

A time for the music. Currently listening to
Iiro Rantala - Potsdam. ACT Music 2022

Attachments

• Cover_Rantala_Potsdam.jpg
    Cover_Rantala_Potsdam.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 28, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #3,416 of 5,353
It will still need a ddc. So after all that, a ddc will still help. Exactly...
True, a good DDC which do not reclock when not neccessary helps, exactly what I wrote.

Mar 28, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #3,417 of 5,353
Quick question for anybody that has a DI-20HE, maybe you could test this for me.
Want to know if this is normal, or if I need to send my 20HE back to Kingwa for a look over.

I have the US 120v version, and after about 2-3 minutes of being on, it has coil wine (assuming from the class A transformer setup).
It's not that loud, but in a dead quiet room, can be slightly audible from as far as 6ft away.

If anybody tests their own unit for me, just put your ear close to one of the vents top or bottom, should be easily audible.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #3,419 of 5,353
Quick question for anybody that has a DI-20HE, maybe you could test this for me.
Want to know if this is normal, or if I need to send my 20HE back to Kingwa for a look over.

I have the US 120v version, and after about 2-3 minutes of being on, it has coil wine (assuming from the class A transformer setup).
It's not that loud, but in a dead quiet room, can be slightly audible from as far as 6ft away.

If anybody tests their own unit for me, just put your ear close to one of the vents top or bottom, should be easily audible.

Thanks!
The big transfo hums a bit here. Nothing major. Pretty common i would say with the di20he.

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #3,420 of 5,353
That's terrible. No noise here.

Ok so I did actually test it this time, got down to the bottom shelf, and yes there is a hum.

But I never noticed it before and I sit right next to my gear. Have to put my ear right up to the vent.

This is a guy who has returned many a noisy hard drive and has laboured diligently for a silent PC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back