Audio-gd DAC 19 (MKIV)
Feb 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #46 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did something similar, asked if I could review one of his products either free of charge or at a discount, got no reply.

Well my email to him was not just about the discount. Besides, he can simply say no. If he can't then that's okay too. What's so difficult about replying? I went through some older audio gd threads and kingwa doesn't reply if the subject matter is uncomfortable for him. That's not cool, it's not right to leave the customer hanging

Right now i don't know if he's not replying cos he doesn't want to, or he just hasn't read the mail. I think its the former though

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #47 of 155
sometimes it is not cool to jump to conclusion. he may have entrusted the replying to someone else who is not easy in replying. or colleagues waiting for him back to reply. perhaps he is busy with new development or other business areas.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #48 of 155
I find that spam filters seem to randomly flag people's email incorrectly as spam. Maybe try from another email address? Maybe you used a word that's filtered by the govt.?

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #49 of 155
I ordered a C2 headamp last Saturday and received an email on Tuesday telling me it would be shipping that day. I have since been emailing them to get the tracking number and can't get a response. Not sure if I need to be worried yet.

But as Currawong says I have had spam warnings from them so maybe thats the problem.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #50 of 155
Did you receive the automated reply? If not, likely your email was filtered out for some reason.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #51 of 155
someone should tell Kingwa to check his spam folder. and invoice is a must when doing a serious business. i can't believe you have to ask for the invoice, not very professional imo.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #52 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by dex85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone should tell Kingwa to check his spam folder. and invoice is a must when doing a serious business. i can't believe you have to ask for the invoice, not very professional imo.

You could send the money as gift, and save the Paypal fees without the invoice

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #53 of 155
i'd rather paid those 4% and had the invoice. at least he should ask before transaction, whether one needs an invoice or not.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #54 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by dex85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a reply just now from the email I sent just after my last post. He said he was sending tracking numbers but the emails bounced or else the customers aren't checking their spam folders. If you get the automated email when you contact him, then he (or his staff) have definitely received your email.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #55 of 155
I managed to contact them using my work email address. They said they had been responding to my mails but for whatever reason they were being bounced from my end. The email address is a domain redirecting to a gmail account so perhaps that is the problem. I have never had this issue before - but then again I have never emailed anyone in China before.

I should be receiving my shiny new C2 amp today.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #56 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a reply just now from the email I sent just after my last post. He said he was sending tracking numbers but the emails bounced or else the customers aren't checking their spam folders. If you get the automated email when you contact him, then he (or his staff) have definitely received your email.

Sigh, then he's not replying me on purpose. I received the automated email for every mail i sent but he's just not bothering. Don't know what to do now, bug him with another mail?

It seems strange, like it's my fault for expecting a reply
confused_face(1).gif

Honestly, the bounced mail reason sounds like bull to me. When i was conversing back and forth with kingwa on a mass order months ago, all his mails went through, and very quickly. But now it didn't? I find that hard to believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by realmassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could send the money as gift, and save the Paypal fees without the invoice

Have you tried this with audio gd before?

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #57 of 155
Well, considering you were trying to score a discount or freebie, I wouldn't blame him if he DID ignore you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #58 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, considering you were trying to score a discount or freebie, I wouldn't blame him if he DID ignore you.
smily_headphones1.gif

I only asked if it was possible to give a discount. How is that even wrong?

edit: Okay he just replied me. And he did address the discount thing so all's good

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #59 of 155
Kingwa told me he can swap out the ACSS outputs for another set of RCA, making a total of 2 sets RCA. So i asked him if it was possible for both outputs to be used at the same time for a subwoofer (low-level rca) and active powered speakers, to which he said something to the effect of, "it will work if the amp is not designed to have a short-circuit function". Anyone know what that means?

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #60 of 155
I think it means as long as you don't create a loop/short circuit between the components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back