Audio GD C2C
May 30, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #286 of 657
I've listened to my headphone system with the C2C from the beginning until now and the major difference between it with burn in is the natural separation of sounds in instruments and voices, and the natural depth and tonal accentuation of all sounds. So it takes about 100-200 hours of burn in to get to that. The HD600 have a way of playing all music slow for some reason even if you upgrade the cable.

May 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #287 of 657
I ordered a C-2C this morning
biggrin.gif

I'm going to recable my D2000s - is the output socket on the C-2C 1/4"?

Cheers

May 30, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #290 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skorpitarius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Compass as of a couple weeks ago and am really savoring/enjoying it via a few different headphones but I want to eventually try the other Audio gd stuff, seems very solid quality gear, so many praising reviews all over Head-Fi and elsewhere ....

Compass' amp section is good but it's not really that good compared to dedicated headphone amps which is to be expected.

May 30, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #291 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by zerodeefex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had some time with my HD600s and the C2C and I'd agree that they are a pretty good pairing.

Were you able to compare to the single ended beta22 in April?

Ah yes, but I wasn't able to use the same source for it. But the Beta22 owner who used to own the Stello DA100 (that was atttached to the C-2C during the meet) said that the C-2C sounded more neutral than his Beta22. He was also wondering why this was so.

But from what I recall when the Beta22 was attached to the stello when I auditioned it at his home, I found the beta22 was also very neutral.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #293 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes, but I wasn't able to use the same source for it. But the Beta22 owner who used to own the Stello DA100 (that was atttached to the C-2C during the meet) said that the C-2C sounded more neutral than his Beta22. He was also wondering why this was so.

Yeah, it's curious, the ß22 has been alternatingly described as close to 'a wire with gain' (implying neutrality) and as 'distinctly warm'. I wonder if there are differences between the builds, or if this just reflects personal taste.

EDIT: Great photoshoot of the meet, insyte! (I hadn't come across that thread yet.) Makes me feel 'homesick' for the Philippines.

May 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #294 of 657
I kinda wish I plugged the stello to the Beta22 during the meet, but a lot were listening to the Havana DAC + beta22 setup so I didn't get a chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it's curious, the ß22 has been alternatingly described as close to 'a wire with gain' (implying neutrality) and as 'distinctly warm'. I wonder if there are differences between the builds, or if this just reflects personal taste.

EDIT: Great photoshoot of the meet, insyte! (I hadn't come across that thread yet.) Makes me feel 'homesick' for the Philippines.

The photos were taken by a another forum member
smily_headphones1.gif

OT : Are you from the Philippines?

--------

Oh I didn't know that some Beta22s were "distinctly warm". I think this is caused by it being a DIY amp, and would therefore have different builders and builds
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #295 of 657
I think the ß22 being warm-sounding is a popular notion... that's why folks at local mini-meets always joke about getting a decent tube amp instead of wasting money trying to make an SS amp sound like its tube counterpart.
biggrin.gif

No idea about the merit of that "joke" but after hearing both tube and SS, it's clear to me that each has its own advantages.

May 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #296 of 657
Quote:

I kinda wish I plugged the stello to the Beta22 during the meet, but a lot were listening to the Havana DAC + beta22 setup so I didn't get a chance.

The photos were taken by a another forum member
smily_headphones1.gif

--------

Oh I didn't know that some Beta22s were "distinctly warm". I think this is caused by it being a DIY amp, and would therefore have different builders and builds
smily_headphones1.gif

The reason why the B22 is Warm/Hot is that it is Biased Full Class A and has High Output.

Sorry, misunderstood you, I thought you were talking HEAT and not SQ. I've never heard anyone call the B22 warm in SQ?

May 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #297 of 657
Quote:

No, not really.
smile.gif
But I wandered around there for a couple of months a few years ago and for at least a half year after that I suffered from actual homesickness for the Philippines (weird hu?). Beautiful country, great people!

May 31, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #298 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, not really.
smile.gif
But I wandered around there for a couple of months a few years ago and for at least a half year after that I suffered from actual homesickness for the Philippines (weird hu?). Beautiful country, great people!

Oh I see
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason why the B22 is Warm/Hot is that it is Biased Full Class A and has High Output.

Sorry, misunderstood you, I thought you were talking HEAT and not SQ. I've never heard anyone call the B22 warm in SQ?

Well I've only heard 1 beta22 and it was neutral sounding for me. As for heat, well actually the casing doesn't heat up too much.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #299 of 657
Just got my C-2C!!

Quick question though, is it safe to stack my DAC right on top of it?

I was just also wondering, when I place my hand on the top plate, it *almost* feels like there is some sort of current running through it. I'm just not sure though.

I don't feel it when my hand is stationary, but when I sort of brush my hand across the top, I sort of kind of feel something ?? I don't know if it's simply because of the material or what. Although when I do the same thing to the side plate, I don't feel it. ??

Any ideas??

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #300 of 657
^^ Just a quick update - I've had it running for about 30mins or so now, and that "current" feeling has disappeared. So it definitely wasn't the finish of the top plate or anything.

Anyone else experience that?

EDIT: Now it's back, weird. Same thing on the front and side plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back