Audeze SINE Series
Jan 26, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #4,351 of 4,785
you recon the open grille made of cast metal or plastic please?

are you planning to have aftermarket cable?

The grills are not metal. They seem like made of high quality glass fibre filled plastic like the LCD2C cup material.

I am using the Meze99 stock 3m cable. As the Sine requires long and thin 3.5mm plugs, there are not many options out there. I dislike heavy/thick/stiff cables anyway.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #4,352 of 4,785
how many people here have the crunchy paper sound on their drivers? mine has been like this for like 2 years. lol. sounds fine though. i had another one without this problem but seem to match another guy's findings which says once crunchy then become harder to drive. on deckard on high gain i set to 9 o'clock to drive this thing to perfect level.

Feb 16, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #4,353 of 4,785
how many people here have the crunchy paper sound on their drivers? mine has been like this for like 2 years. lol. sounds fine though. i had another one without this problem but seem to match another guy's findings which says once crunchy then become harder to drive. on deckard on high gain i set to 9 o'clock to drive this thing to perfect level.
Probable sign of driver failure.

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #4,354 of 4,785
Had the same with vesperaudio pads. sound "like Driver flex". Solved this removing pads and putting them back (nothing with audeze Pads).
I have no explanations :thinking:

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #4,355 of 4,785
I have that problem only on the left side. I can't hear it during playing, but only when I wear the headphone

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #4,358 of 4,785
Had the same with vesperaudio pads. sound "like Driver flex". Solved this removing pads and putting them back (nothing with audeze Pads).
I have no explanations :thinking:

I have some over ear pads for it and a 3d printed adapter to fit a even larger over ear one. with those the paper sound is less. maybe this weekend I try send it off for new driver replacement.

I have that problem only on the left side. I can't hear it during playing, but only when I wear the headphone

yeah that's the thing. still sounds perfectly fine and since I use it for office use it is really no problem. this one I got after I sold my original one which was made in 2016 and this new one is made in 2017.

but despite all the problems with audeze. I had a lcd3 got driver replaced to 2018 drivers and also have a el8 which the 2.5mm balanced audeze original cable broke very quickly with gentle at home use on desk. but I just love the sound. even sold my stax 4170 and no regrets, only using lc3d and hd800 right now. hd800 I really just keep for watching movies and for the comfort. audeze overall not a single headphone is "comfortable" lol these sines are pretty good for on ear.

the cipher cable check audio marts some people get rid of it for 60 canadian bucks before. ebay you are looking at 100 bucks maybe 70usd. so far I had no problem with the cipher cable

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #4,359 of 4,785
I really want to buy a portable set of planars and am obviously considering these. I'm just worried about the comfort. Has anybody found a way to make these more comfy. My other option is isine 10 but then I have an eq battle!

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #4,360 of 4,785
I really want to buy a portable set of planars and am obviously considering these. I'm just worried about the comfort. Has anybody found a way to make these more comfy. My other option is isine 10 but then I have an eq battle!

I picked up my set when Audeze was having their blow out of B stock last year. I have been amazed at how comfortable they are, even as a glasses wearer. The headphones articulate in 3 dimensions and seal nicely against my ears without pinning my ears to my head, so the sound has been amazing, They are currently my go to set when using my laptop and not wanting to deal with larger over ear headphones. I was previously using some Sennheiser Momentum over ear HPs (that actually sit on your ears) and the Sine model is far more comfortable without any modification.

Feb 27, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #4,361 of 4,785
Like with any headphone, comfort depends very much on the fitment and head measurements etc. This means that whilst headphones are manufactured what are classed as universal fitment, unfortunate the reality is our heads and ears are not.

So you will probably find a mixture of people having absolute no discomfort issues with the headphones with the stock ear pads and others (like myself) who found them extremely uncomfortable.

In terms of the headphone fitment, over time it will adjust in accordance with the size and shape of your head but there is a way where you can “encourage” this process where you can delicately bend or manipulate the headphones in such a way to decrease the level of clamping. This is exactly what I did based on similar advice I received on one of the head fI forums.

In terms of the ear pads, I found that I couldn’t get use to them and found them very comfortable with and without my glasses on. The solution I went for were the Brainwavz HM5 angled pleather pads. The reason I went for these is because I wanted to create a vacuum between my ear and speaker on the headphone in similar vein to the pads on my Audeze LCD2-C’s. The objective was not to try and get a similar sound but similar comfort. Since making this mod, the headphones are extremely comfortable and arguably the same as the stock pads at blocking external noises.

I think you will need to try the stock ear pads first with the assurance that there are alternative solutions available if you find them uncomfortable. Good luck!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #4,362 of 4,785
Does someone else experience heavy sound changes if they bend their head? When i move my head down then the music is much louder while it's much more recessed when i turn my head back. When i move my head with the right ear to the ground this ear gets siginificantly louder than the other one. If i turn to the left side its the same story.

These are my first magnetostatics so i don't know if it's normal. Got them used an have this strong crackling too if i press on the pad or move my head to fast.

Mar 2, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #4,363 of 4,785
Not for me. Furthermore, with the new cable, the headphone has become very confortable, so I can move freely

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #4,364 of 4,785
Does someone else experience heavy sound changes if they bend their head? When i move my head down then the music is much louder while it's much more recessed when i turn my head back. When i move my head with the right ear to the ground this ear gets siginificantly louder than the other one. If i turn to the left side its the same story.

These are my first magnetostatics so i don't know if it's normal. Got them used an have this strong crackling too if i press on the pad or move my head to fast.

ha you are like me got the crackling sound when press or move head. i wonder these problem are ok for a warranty repair? seems like quite a few people got this problem, thinking about the physics only way to explain is not glued properly somewhere and when push or move head that slightly change in air make diaphram move.this headphone looks like it's one sided. the diaphragm is on a silver plate on the other side. you can see the plastic film with circuit printed on the grill side when remove the ear pads. don't think the driver can fail easily just by looking at the driver. vs the ones in lcd series which has magnet on both side and in between just the thin plastic material also bigger more likely to break. i still don't get how driver last so long when it's so think like plastic bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back