Audeze SINE Series
Dec 28, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #4,321 of 4,782
471E5F5B-B731-44EE-907E-2D9395960EA3.jpeg 471E5F5B-B731-44EE-907E-2D9395960EA3.jpeg D8012BF3-B3D8-4CD9-89B5-6D12B498114D.jpeg DE91E172-0387-4F87-9F54-CB1460C41BDF.jpeg Pics of meze cable

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #4,322 of 4,782
I own a pair of LCD 2C's and iSine10 bought a pair of Sines based on the lush sound I was getting from them. Unfortunately, I found the stock pads on the Sines uncomfortable so I have been experimenting with different pads, mainly Brainwavz pleather and the hybrids. The pleather were ok but the treble on the hybrids had too much shrill so counted them out. I also found a pair of angled pads and for me these hit the spot perfectly, they are super comfy and improve the sound signature, certainly doesn't degrade it. I know other people have commented that the Brainwavz are Meh, but thought I should share my experiences in case anyone else wanted a recommendation.

did you get the angled pleather or leather? a link will be great, Thanks!

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #4,324 of 4,782
I just got meze 99 balanced cable, Nice cable, it fits good and not annoying at all while wearing it, doesnt touch my neck or shoulders, the only question would be the durability with time when it keeps sticking in an opposite way like this.

20181231_121846.jpg

20181231_121502.jpg

Jan 5, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #4,329 of 4,782
I hope that Audeze does this. It would sell like hot cakes. The Mobius is awesome but I want something portable and more subdued in appearance. A sine successor with Audeze dsp and bt would be a home run.

Honesty I feel the same way - if they combined the wireless and over-ear factors from the Mobius with Sine styling, materials, and build quality and offered it at the right price, they could really sweep the premium portable space out from under Bose, Sony, and others.

How about it @Audeze ?

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #4,331 of 4,782
Got to try a Mobius today.

Love the sound, soundstage, soft earpads, and features.

Don't love the 10 hour battery life, or creaking and cracking headband on both available demos.

Would be nice if we got an over-ear wireless sine to fill that gap between the two.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #4,332 of 4,782
Just got an iPhone SE to use as a music player with the Cipher cable (prior to that was using a DAP/amp stack for a long time). The Cipher is a bit on the bright and mid-forward side, sometimes a bit painful to listen to, but I do enjoy the extra DSP that seems to highlight fine detail and gives a sense of "dimension" and soundstage more, since presumably it was customized to work exactly with the SINE and an i-device. I of course got greater power / impact with my Cayin C5 amp, but no benefit of the custom-tailored DSP.

I'm curious about power draw of the Cipher cable and how it reflects on battery life of your phones. It looks like the Audeze HQ app inaccurately lists Sine and EL-8 as eligible headphones to use with the newer app, as they don't use Cipher V2 cable, right? Only the iSine models use Cipher V2. Cipher V2 had some power draw / battery life optimization over V1 from what I've read. Can only use the older, original Audeze iOS app to control the Sine Cipher cable, probably without the updated battery life benefits :frowning2:

. . . .
Got to try a Mobius today.

Love the sound, soundstage, soft earpads, and features.

Don't love the 10 hour battery life, or creaking and cracking headband on both available demos.

Would be nice if we got an over-ear wireless sine to fill that gap between the two.

I have Mobius as well. Absolutely no headband creaking issues. Been in use for close to four and a half months now. Maybe the demo units got used abused to get more creaky.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #4,333 of 4,782
I received my pair of special priced $279 Sine DX this morning. I am surprised by the triple boxed packaging. This is the nicest/most protective packaging I ever have from a headphone manufacturer. A nice enough carrying case is also included.

A quick listen to it tells it is more or less in the same sound quality segment of higher end L cusion Grado, it is not as dark sounding as I expected. Burning it in right now with 20Hz-100Hz tones to lossen up the diaphragm (if it makes difference). I am happy so far. I think at the current price it is better value than Grado SR225/SR325/RS2e/PS500e range.
1_DxO.jpg 2_DxO.jpg 3_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #4,335 of 4,782
I received my pair of special priced $279 Sine DX this morning. I am surprised by the triple boxed packaging. This is the nicest/most protective packaging I ever have from a headphone manufacturer. A nice enough carrying case is also included.

A quick listen to it tells it is more or less in the same sound quality segment of higher end L cusion Grado, it is not as dark sounding as I expected. Buring it in right now with 20Hz-100Hz tones to lossen up the diaphragm (if it makes difference). I am happy so far. I think at the current price it is better value than Grado SR225/SR325/RS2e/PS500e range.

I also ordered these a few days ago. at that price point, I thought it was a good buy, but found it a little difficult to find many reviews for the DX version. Very curious to hear how they sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back