Audeze SINE Series
Dec 21, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #4,308 of 4,783
Just received my Audeze Sine HPs from the Audeze Holiday B stock sale; the $149 shipped price sent me over the edge on the Sine I have had my eye on for sometime, delivered with both a single ended and lightening cable (which I have no use for). The only tip that they were B stock was a refurbished sticker on the box, otherwise in new condition and pristine and with full warranty. I have them plugged into my CEntrance DACport HD and they are an amazing treat for sure. Remind me a bit both in sound and fit of Sennheiser Momentum over ears, which actually sit on the ear like the Sine. So far the Sine has been very comfortable for me even as a glasses wearer; and what i am hearing is beyond my expectation....they will be getting some significant head time.

Dec 21, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #4,310 of 4,783
FWIW, I also picked up a set on the Sine's from the Audeze holiday sale, great deal, IMHO.
B stock, and the box seemed a little messed up, the the cans themselves look perfect. I would have complained if bought new at full price, but for $150 a great deal.

Bought to upgrade my work music, using them at work with my phone and a es100 bluetooth adapter. It sounds pretty good right out of the es100, but I've ordered the parts to make a balanced cable to see how balanced sounds.

I also connected it to a "Class A Pocket headamp" I put together from a board and transistors from XRKAudio. The Sines seem to like the extra power the amp can provide, low end especially sounds better to me, more authority.
I've ordered a 2nd board to make a balanced headamp. Then I need to case it up (its now sitting on a block of wood). Should make a nice work setup.

Randy

Dec 28, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #4,311 of 4,783
I too bought one on the B-stock sale and looking to using it with my Onkyo DP-X1 DAP using the balanced 2.5mm output jack. . So other than Vesper Audio, no one makes 2.5mm balanced cable for these Audeze sine headphones? I tried searching this thread and googling, but could not come up with any definitive source for 2.5mm balanced cable for Audeze Sine headphones. If anyone has bought one ready made, please help me out by linking them in your replies. Thanks!

Dec 28, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #4,312 of 4,783
I too bought one on the B-stock sale and looking to using it with my Onkyo DP-X1 DAP using the balanced 2.5mm output jack. . So other than Vesper Audio, no one makes 2.5mm balanced cable for these Audeze sine headphones? I tried searching this thread and googling, but could not come up with any definitive source for 2.5mm balanced cable for Audeze Sine headphones. If anyone has bought one ready made, please help me out by linking them in your replies. Thanks!

I’ve never ordered from them but Plus Sound allows you to select the Audeze Sine model connectors in their custom cables.

https://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/headphone.html

Dec 28, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #4,313 of 4,783
If you have other HPs with XLR you might consider just a 2.5mm TRRS balanced male to 4-pin XLR adapter and get an XLR balanced cable for the Sine.

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #4,315 of 4,783
Double Helix says they have connectors
https://doublehelixcables.com/customization-guide/top-and-bottom-connectors/
Scroll to the bottom to see about sine. They show Sine as an option for their cables, at least they do for the Molecule SE.

I personally don't like standard size 4 pin XLR's because of the weight, and for me the sine is a portable option.

On a slightly different note, the connectors I bought to make a balanced cable were too large, I didn't realize the holes in the Sines were so small.
Seems like Lunashops is the only place I've found with a small enough connector to fit.

Randy

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #4,317 of 4,783
Meze99 câbles also works

Yee, i snapped their balanced cable during december discounts for 45$ after i read in the thread that its compatible, i will receive it in a couple of days and hope it works.

Although i have been thinking, since the socket of the sine is bent in a weird way, do i need to heat shrink the left and right plugs for better durability or just use as is.

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #4,318 of 4,783
The straight 3.5mm connectors bother me too .. I've read about not being able to fit the Sine sockets properly. @kingdixon .. please let me know how it works for you .. I might end up ordering one from meze too.

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #4,319 of 4,783
The straight 3.5mm connectors bother me too .. I've read about not being able to fit the Sine sockets properly. @kingdixon .. please let me know how it works for you .. I might end up ordering one from meze too.

Sure, i should receive it in a day or 2, then i will directly give my feedback about the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back