Audeze SINE Series
Nov 30, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #3,796 of 4,783
Too bassy? Not bassy enough? Thanks for the encouraging words . I hope it will work out . I really love the Audeze house sound. It also turns out my ak products work fine. Maybe hey should hire a translator to make some directions for their products . There were none packaged in my new produce and non online. No wonder I couldn't figure the damn thing out.

Sometimes it's best to try out for yourself. You may like them.

I'm just reporting what I've read about a bit too much bass. I cannot say this myself until I get them. And this is the first time I heard about annoying highs, which I take to mean sibilance or harshness.

I'll admit, I'm going to do a more thorough sound test due to this revelation. But sometimes what bothers one person won't bother another. I've seen this over and over again, especially on Head Fi. One person's poison is another's holy grail.

Nov 30, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #3,798 of 4,783
I use pads i retrieved from old Aurvana Live cans, they fit perfectly, turn the sine into a proper circum and have two great effects :

- make it comfy
- no more air pressure issues i had with the stock pads when moving my head or walking (it was making volume fluctuations), the sound is simply perfect, not warmer, not bassier, not veiled or anything, just the same.

image.php

Nov 30, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #3,799 of 4,783
I use pads i retrieved from old Aurvana Live cans, they fit perfectly, turn the sine into a proper circum and have two great effects :

- make it comfy
- no more air pressure issues i had with the stock pads when moving my head or walking (it was making volume fluctuations), the sound is simply perfect, not warmer, not bassier, not veiled or anything, just the same.

Interesting, they look very "natural". Do they fit on ear or over ear? How do they isolate compared to the originals?

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #3,801 of 4,783
So these aren't bassy?? No comment. Not that I'm complaining.

Fed thru neutral amp now the treble comes through a lot more, so the other person was right too. Wow.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #3,803 of 4,783
No these are not a “bassy” headphone however when paired to a black label the XBass switch helps to bring it out nicely.

Not my experience, I'm sorry. When fed through my different sources with no amp, just the cables, bassy. Not in a bad way, however it's the prevalent sound. Through my amps(not Black Label though) there's a significant bass reduction and the highs come through. So then I do have to use the bass boost on the amps. If that other person was using similar amps, I can see why they thought the highs were annoying. It can come across bright then. So far, the sound changes with the source being fed through it. I wonder how it sounds paired with the Chord Mojo

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #3,805 of 4,783
Can anyone comment on low volume output via cipher on an IPhone X? Problem is particularly bad on Tidal.

In the iSine thread, Audeze said there was a problem with ciphers on iPhone X but it's on Apple to release an update.

"Apple is aware of the issue an iOS update and/or firmware update will be needed."

At least that's how I read it. But Apple is not under obligation to support third party hardware. On the other hand, they do sell cipher versions as Apple compatible so maybe they will if enough people gripe. They've been having firmware issues all week though.

Maybe I should have said Apple seems to not feel obligated to support third party hardware.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,806 of 4,783
Not my experience, I'm sorry. When fed through my different sources with no amp, just the cables, bassy. Not in a bad way, however it's the prevalent sound. Through my amps(not Black Label though) there's a significant bass reduction and the highs come through. So then I do have to use the bass boost on the amps. If that other person was using similar amps, I can see why they thought the highs were annoying. It can come across bright then. So far, the sound changes with the source being fed through it. I wonder how it sounds paired with the Chord Mojo

Just an update. Now the bass is back, using one of my amps. No bass boost was used. However, it's still pleasant bass, never muddy or anything like that. If anything, it sounds very balanced through the amp.

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #3,808 of 4,783
Maybe they're under obligation to continue support when it comes to MiFi certified, I'm not sure. But when even their Apple items change without warning, I'm taking a wait and see attitude. Apple has shafted even it's own hardware. CCK stopped working for the way a lot of people were using it, several times. And it always involved third party usage. Cameras one time, and amps/DACs was the latest example. Then they once forgot to tell people they couldn't use their old cases(Apple brand) with newer iPads because the magnets changed orientation. iOS updates breaking things without warning.

I have several iDevices but I can see the frustration of why some prefer Android. My cipher is fickle too and I have an iPhone 7 Plus updated to buggy 11. Your 3.5 cable works great with their little headphone adapter, no hassle. I don't know why people diss it so much.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #3,809 of 4,783
Hi there,
New to SINE and just got a new pair, so I have a couple of questions:

1. How hard is it to drive SINE? It seems not easy to drive. I am using m9xx and need to turn the volume 60+. For comparison, Fostex TH610 sounds louder at the same volume.

2. The air pressure and sealing effect. Bear with me if this has been talked before. It seems the pad seals the can and the ear too good, so that it will cause the air pressure buildup when I put them on. The air pressure can change the ear sensitivity to sound. I’ve tried to adjust the position to creat some gaps to let air flow in out btw the can and the ear, but it may seal again later as the ear pad form expands. Any suggestions?

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #3,810 of 4,783
Hi there,
New to SINE and just got a new pair, so I have a couple of questions:

1. How hard is it to drive SINE? It seems not easy to drive. I am using m9xx and need to turn the volume 60+. For comparison, Fostex TH610 sounds louder at the same volume.

2. The air pressure and sealing effect. Bear with me if this has been talked before. It seems the pad seals the can and the ear too good, so that it will cause the air pressure buildup when I put them on. The air pressure can change the ear sensitivity to sound. I’ve tried to adjust the position to creat some gaps to let air flow in out btw the can and the ear, but it may seal again later as the ear pad form expands. Any suggestions?

1. i was able to drive it with my iPhone and the cypher cable with reasonable results. It was far better with an amp. I used the chord mojo.

2. I was not happy with the ear pressure thing, and ultimately those different headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back