Audeze SINE Series
Nov 24, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #3,767 of 4,775
I got in on the black friday deal too! I hope these cans don't suck. I have heard the LCD-X's and loved them. I hope the sound is close. Not expecting miracles but I have a whole studio of cheap headphones and don't need any more.

I've tried them twice at a headphone shop before. For $180-200 they're a steal in my opinion. Especially considering Beats are more at that price.

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #3,771 of 4,775
Nov 28, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #3,772 of 4,775
Black Friday pair still hasn't shipped for me...

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #3,775 of 4,775
Are the pads on the Sine easy replaceable and once the original are removed can I use them again or are they broken ?

Here is my experience:
After growing uncomfortable w the stock pads I decided to get the brainwavz straight pleather pads off amazon for $22 shipped. I had never swapped pads before so was a little hesitant at first but oh my goodness was it easy! The stock pads easily pull off by stretching the elastic and stay perfectly fine and reusable. The new pads were a breeze to put on. Just align them how you’d like (I made sure to put the seams on the bottom for aesthetics) and slowly work the material over the cups and use your fingernail to slip the edge into the gap that the stock pads fit into. And voila! You’ll find new pads require a bit more power from your amp and become warmer sounding. On my ifi micro black label amp I now find myself using normal power exclusively (instead of eco in sometimes quiet settings) and also am utilizing not only the XBass, but the 3D crossfade as well (where I didnt before bc it was too bright for my ears)

Hope this helps, let us know how things go for you!

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #3,777 of 4,775
In my experience the brainwavz angled pads created too much distance, a slightly hollow sound with maybe a little bit more of resonance for the subbass but less punch and darker mids with less detail. Maybe the non angled find a better equilibrium. That's what i heard, different ears for different experiences, of course. Found better sound with the audiotechnica msr7 pads but there i missed isolation on the go. Ended with the original ones because i don't find great issues about their comfort.
Hope it helps!

By the way, both tests proved me that a version 2 of the Sine, apart from increasing the bass response (on the go you always need more rumble than in silent places and, well, these are supposed to be for portable use) and soundstage (obviously talking about my tastes), in the design department they should finally find an over ear version, a perfectly possible and more comfortable solution without increasing the size, as the use of different pads has demonstrated.

Only more bass, soundstage and isolation would make my think about an upgrade from this, by other means, fantastic cans.

Nov 29, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #3,778 of 4,775
Hi, new purchaser here. Bought Sine for $200 from Adorama Black Friday. These things sound awesome right out of the box - I need to compare more but I think I prefer them to my isine20s. A couple of questions: volume doesn't seem that great on iPhone x via cipher. Probably loud enough for me but just barely. Is this typical? Also, without wading through 250 pages, can someone point me to some favored eq settings?

Thanks!

Edit: Volume on Apple Music seems much higher than via Tidal. Is this common?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #3,779 of 4,775
It's been a while since I posted on the Sines, but I've been playing around with them more recently with a few new pad options. First off, I have a pair of Audio Technica S700BT bluetooth headphones that I had switched out the pads. The pads that came with them are relatively comfortable but I wanted something different, but I noticed that they were small enough to go on the Sines and ended up fitting perfectly in the Sines. They were significantly more comfortable as they are over-ear but didn't move around at all over the cups. The sound was actually a little more open with them on and very enjoyable.

I went one step further though and went with MSR7 pads. These dont fit quite as well without an adapter but they do work and amazingly comfortable. I got the idea from this thread a long time ago but never actually went out and bought pads for it. I am printing the adapters to make them fit better now, but am using some cardboard to fit them in right now.

As for the first option, I havent been able to find S700BT pads online, but they are a great choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back