Audeze SINE Series
Nov 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #3,781 of 4,783
Hi, new purchaser here. Bought Sine for $200 from Adorama Black Friday. These things sound awesome right out of the box - I need to compare more but I think I prefer them to my isine20s. A couple of questions: volume doesn't seem that great on iPhone x via cipher. Probably loud enough for me but just barely. Is this typical? Also, without wading through 250 pages, can someone point me to some favored eq settings?

Thanks!

Edit: Volume on Apple Music seems much higher than via Tidal. Is this common?

Just curious. Were the Adorama ones new or refurbished? I'm asking because I took the direct Audeze website deal but they're listed as refurbished. If Adorama was selling new ones at the same price, wish I'd known. Oh well, live and learn.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #3,782 of 4,783
Just curious. Were the Adorama ones new or refurbished? I'm asking because I took the direct Audeze website deal but they're listed as refurbished. If Adorama was selling new ones at the same price, wish I'd known. Oh well, live and learn.
Brand new I believe. And I got them on Monday.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #3,783 of 4,783
Brand new I believe. And I got them on Monday.

Thank you! I unfortunately overlooked Adorama, they do have pretty good deals. I fell for the manufacturer website deal in case there were warranty issues. Adorama's probably authorized but I thought it would be better buying from the manufacturer. New beats refurbished every time though.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #3,784 of 4,783
I bought the sine a few months ago. I couldn’t take the crinkley Sound that is common with them. I upgraded to LCD-2, which of course is a whole different animal.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #3,786 of 4,783
Yes. Krinkly sound. Notice too. But I think it depends on every ear and what everyone wants. I try to reduce It with pads that I put in the earpads msr-7. But nothing. If someone have an idea that would be awesome.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #3,787 of 4,783
So why is everyone talking about adapters and all this stuff when the Brainwavz fit perfect???

They are pretty loose on the Sines. The adapters make it more secure.

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #3,790 of 4,783
That is seriously disappointing to hear. I'm just going to return them. Ill chuck them back at them in the same motion as the AK 320 with recorder i was stupid enough to think would work at all... All this junk for premium prices. I feel like an idiot.

I wouldn’t feel like an idiot. They actually are great sounding headphones! Apparently the crinkling sound does not affect every pair and some never experience it. Furthermore, it is only audible when adjusting the ear cups, Or shaking your head both of which are not things are happening most of the time while you’re listening.

For me it was too much. I decided to shift my focus to headphones not really meant to travel. When I owned the sines, and they weren’t crinkling, they were fantastic .

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #3,792 of 4,783
That is seriously disappointing to hear. I'm just going to return them. Ill chuck them back at them in the same motion as the AK 320 with recorder i was stupid enough to think would work at all... All this junk for premium prices. I feel like an idiot.

Are you still waiting on yours? Maybe your pair won't have that.

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #3,793 of 4,783
Oh my bad.sorry. I thought crinkling was the very annoying highs. I didnot had such these problems as before Mark Tomaras mentioned. Its only highs.

Sibilance? I thought Sines were a bit bass heavy from what I read. I'll return within the week if they have strange sound to me.

As for the creaking(wasn't aware of that either), I had that on other headphones. That would only bother me if I hear it during the music or if I think it's bad build quality.

Getting worried now, LOL. The only problems I had read about were too tight fit or bad fit due to being on-ears. I have a smaller head so I can deal with that unless it's painful. Also, I read about too much bass perhaps. Not creaking and sibilance.

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #3,794 of 4,783
I don’t think sibilance is an issue with Sine. I also don’t think that there is too much bass. Mine were little tight fitting out of the box, I loosened them up a little bit without too much trouble

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #3,795 of 4,783
Too bassy? Not bassy enough? Thanks for the encouraging words . I hope it will work out . I really love the Audeze house sound. It also turns out my ak products work fine. Maybe hey should hire a translator to make some directions for their products . There were none packaged in my new produce and non online. No wonder I couldn't figure the damn thing out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back