Audeze SINE Series
Feb 6, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #3,226 of 4,783
I may hold off a little as I am in search for an iem truly and i've been reading on the iSINE 10 and it's got me very interested..... might get both :grin:

I have the X2, the Sine and the isine10. I agree with @Galaxy358 that the Sine has more detail than the X2 but the Sine did not compare in the soundstage department. I inevitably sold the Sine and got the iSine10 last week to use portably and in the office. Couldn't be happier with the isine10. It has all the detail of the Sine but much wider soundstage. They are really great and I think better than the Sine in almost every way except isolation. If isolation isn't the biggest concern get the isine.

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3,227 of 4,783
  I have the X2, the Sine and the isine10. I agree with @Galaxy358 that the Sine has more detail than the X2 but the Sine did not compare in the soundstage department. I inevitably sold the Sine and got the iSine10 last week to use portably and in the office. Couldn't be happier with the isine10. It has all the detail of the Sine but much wider soundstage. They are really great and I think better than the Sine in almost every way except isolation. If isolation isn't the biggest concern get the isine.

From what I've been told the iSine is very well suited for stationary application. My concern was an open concept earphone in an office environment disturbing others. The method of how it sits in your ear would be less ideal compared to a silicon/memory foam tip in a "typical" IEM.

I must take a listen to these "scary good" iSines :)

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #3,228 of 4,783

From what I've been told the iSine is very well suited for stationary application. My concern was an open concept earphone in an office environment disturbing others. The method of how it sits in your ear would be less ideal compared to a silicon/memory foam tip in a "typical" IEM.

I must take a listen to these "scary good" iSines :)

I guess it depends on how loud your office environment is. I am in an office with engineers and architects, mostly quiet with larger work areas. I can hear people if they stop up and want to talk which is very important. Seems to work well in this scenario.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,229 of 4,783
  I guess it depends on how loud your office environment is. I am in an office with engineers and architects, mostly quiet with larger work areas. I can hear people if they stop up and want to talk which is very important. Seems to work well in this scenario.

Indeed open headphones is perfect in those situations. I can hear my kids coughing while listening to all of my headphones except my IEM and denon MM400. Now that I've given my 10yrs old my HD650's she has no excuse not to hear me when she's on the computer LOL!!!

This  is the reason I have been considering the isine for lightweight gear with serious SQ. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3,230 of 4,783
I have the X2, the Sine and the isine10. I agree with @Galaxy358
 that the Sine has more detail than the X2 but the Sine did not compare in the soundstage department. I inevitably sold the Sine and got the iSine10 last week to use portably and in the office. Couldn't be happier with the isine10. It has all the detail of the Sine but much wider soundstage. They are really great and I think better than the Sine in almost every way except isolation. If isolation isn't the biggest concern get the isine.
I had a listen to the Sine, iSine 10 & iSine 20 at addicted to audio yesterday and ended up coming out loving the Sine the most. Yes the iSine 10 & 20 were mind blowing amazing but the Sine paired up with my HTC 10 and Shozy Magic listening with poweramp alpha simply knocked my socks off. Yes soundstage was no where near the X2 but damn I say detail retrieval is a damn good 40% better than the X2. The Sine sounded so damn smooth as well and that bass was badass, less impact and rumble than the X2 but it could reach lower and I mean low low :grin: so I have decided the Sine for me.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #3,231 of 4,783
I had a listen to the Sine, iSine 10 & iSine 20 at addicted to audio yesterday and ended up coming out loving the Sine the most. Yes the iSine 10 & 20 were mind blowing amazing but the Sine paired up with my HTC 10 and Shozy Magic listening with poweramp alpha simply knocked my socks off. Yes soundstage was no where near the X2 but damn I say detail retrieval is a damn good 40% better than the X2. The Sine sounded so damn smooth as well and that bass was badass, less impact and rumble than the X2 but it could reach lower and I mean low low :grin: so I have decided the Sine for me.

One thing I have learned from forums like this is that everyone is different and to take reviews and perceptions with a grain of salt. Soundstage and openness is very important to me but not to others. Very happy you found something that you love.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,232 of 4,783

Nice you finally make your minds.. The detail is quite amazing indeed. Now it's time for me to find an IEM / Or any other headphone with the same SQ but with much better isolation.. The Sine doesn't seal very well.

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #3,233 of 4,783
Nice you finally make your minds.. The detail is quite amazing indeed. Now it's time for me to find an IEM / Or any other headphone with the same SQ but with much better isolation.. The Sine doesn't seal very well.
If you can have a go at the Fitear 111, I was seriously close to purchasing them, imagine an Etymotic ER4XR with a bigger soundstage a tad more bass :blush:

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #3,234 of 4,783
Does anyone know where you can buy the Lightning  / Cipher cable for the Sine?  I bought the version with the standard cable a few months ago  but in the meantime bought an iPhone.  I don't see them on the Audeze website,  I checked with B&H, they tried to sell me the EL-8  Lightning cable but I'm guessing that won't work correctly with the Sine.  thanks

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #3,235 of 4,783
Does anyone know where you can buy the Lightning  / Cipher cable for the Sine?  I bought the version with the standard cable a few months ago  but in the meantime bought an iPhone.  I don't see them on the Audeze website,  I checked with B&H, they tried to sell me the EL-8  Lightning cable but I'm guessing that won't work correctly with the Sine.  thanks

You can't buy it seperately, unless you can get it second hand from somebody here, or eBay, or wherever else you can get hold of used headphone gear.

And you're right in that the EL-8 cable won't work with the SINEs - it has a different earcup connecter.

To an extent I believe you can blame Apple for this situtation as, as far as I'm aware, they didn't want Audeze to sell the cable seperately, at least not for a period of time. If that is correct then it's also Audeze's fault for dancing with the fruity devil.

If you can live without the inline controls and the mic, then a good alternative for portable use would be the Dragonfly Red, but that's 200 bucks plus another 30 for the lighting to USB adapter.

If it's any consolation, I didn't find the Cipher cable to be anything special.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #3,236 of 4,783

Check Headfi classified. Here's one:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/834671/wts-audeze-sine-cipher-cable

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #3,237 of 4,783
What is the width and height of the headphone with the headband extensions set in the smallest settings?

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #3,238 of 4,783

You can purchase from Audeze directly, just give them a call.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #3,239 of 4,783
I just receive my Sine and I look a little bit how the pads are placed and I want to know how do you remove them if I want to put AT MSR7 on them? Is there something specific that I have to be careful? Thanks for your help!!!

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #3,240 of 4,783

Joined the club for a couple of days, I bought the XDP-300R in order to travel light but the Sine just persuaded me to carry a ton of equipment daily. Wonder if a balanced cable can help.

I am also interested in changing to ATH-MSR7 pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back