Audeze SINE Series
Jan 1, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #3,107 of 4,783

I'm afraid that I don't have any experience with those pads and their attachment mechanism. They look like they have the usual bit of stretchy leather that goes around a rim, but the video I watched showed that they click into place? Without having a set in hand, it'd be difficult for me to say how to change the adapter design to accommodate them.

PLA is pretty versatile, but it's brittle. It's not bad for compressive forces (like in a circular adapter), but often not very good for sheering forces or designs that require a little give (like bayonet mounts).

thank you.

yes, that's what  thought as well about PLA, seems to be pretty brittle for the bose mounting mechanism.  

ugly as it may seems, may use duct tape to attach the bose pads to your smaller adapter!

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #3,108 of 4,783
Maybe a totally different thread should be started only dealing with pads and adapters for the Sine. This thread has only been about that for a long time. I am beginning to think I am the only one that doesn't have issue with the pads or enjoy the Sine as Audeze intended us to hear it.

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #3,109 of 4,783
Maybe a totally different thread should be started only dealing with pads and adapters for the Sine. This thread has only been about that for a long time. I am beginning to think I am the only one that doesn't have issue with the pads or enjoy the Sine as Audeze intended us to hear it.

Probably good idea. Maybe this can make audeze develope some pads

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #3,110 of 4,783

for myself, i can only wear the default pads coming with sine for max of one morning, or one afternoon.

for akg k712, no problem wearing it every waking hours of the day!

you are lucky man.  for us wearing glasses with larger than normal head, sine is clamping.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #3,111 of 4,783
Guys has anyone tried an adaptor from lightning (female) to USB-C (male) in order to connect the Sine to a mobile with USB-C input like the Nexus 5x?
Does it work?
If yes .. link for the adaptor pls?

Happy New Year to all!

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #3,112 of 4,783

I personally don't believe Audeze intended the Sine to have those stock pads.
Why?
Because the pads are smaller that the cup body..
Anyways, there is no reason why they couldn't vent the pads so you won't get ear suction causing volume changes.

Also,
The velour pads I posted above are Not recommended because you end up with an overly bright clear sound with little bass..

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #3,113 of 4,783
Why?
Anyways, there is no reason why they couldn't vent the pads so you won't get ear suction causing volume changes.

Also,
The velour pads I posted above are Not recommended because you end up with an overly bright clear sound with little bass..

I understand. However if the company that designed the headphone allowed the stock pads to be released how can you say they didn't intend us to have the stock pads? Your wishes and Audeze's wishes don't align. It wasn't as if they released the Sine sight unseen or unheard. Obviously, once you buy them, they are yours to modify as you wish. This thread has tested many adapters and pads, stock and non stock ad nauseum.

To the folks that don't have the Cipher version what are some of your favorite source/amp pairings?

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #3,114 of 4,783
Currently enjoying the Sines with a Cowon P1. After many adjustment's to the Cowon's extensive EQ options I've got it where I want it (I think). My daily use headphone was the Senny HD25 so I need a few more hours to let my brain/ears adjust as these are definitely less 'in-your-face' than the HD25's. Haven't tried it through my AudioQuest Dragonfly (older 1.2 version) yet but will get round to it.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #3,115 of 4,783
I understand. However if the company that designed the headphone allowed the stock pads to be released how can you say they didn't intend us to have the stock pads? Your wishes and Audeze's wishes don't align. It wasn't as if they released the Sine sight unseen or unheard. Obviously, once you buy them, they are yours to modify as you wish. This thread has tested many adapters and pads, stock and non stock ad nauseum.

To the folks that don't have the Cipher version what are some of your favorite source/amp pairings?

I have the cipher cable but use it way less. My favorite portable pairing so far is the pono player with balanced cable (that part being critical). Sine also sounds nice with the $50 Nobsound NS-08e. The bass impact and soundstage really open up.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #3,117 of 4,783
I've tried to read through as much of the thread as possible. Is there any sort of consensus about the best after market pads to convert the Sine to over ear and keep the sound signature intact? 

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #3,118 of 4,783
Why?

Also,

I don't have Cipher cable.
I do agree the Sine benefit from amping.

The reason "why" I believe stock pads were later design change,
is because BOTH Audeze Sine and HiFiman Edition S are trying for "on-ear" when clearly the design does not show that neither should be.
This tells me there must been some common marketing push to go for "on-ear" as if it equates to being more portable in the minds of consumers.
Why else would Audeze overlook the fact that the pads need to be ventilated?
You can't tell me the suction was intended.(!)

Before the pad posts, there was Cipher topic posts, and other, different off topic posts ad nauseum too.

The pad issue is the single most important issue holding back the Sine,
So it merit posts ad nauseum, till Audeze addresses the issue. .

And subguy812, don't worry I will cut down on pad posts,
I plan to make new mod playing with the internal RC circuit, but in another thread..
But the pads being so relevant to topic, belong here.
:p

I've tried to read through as much of the thread as possible. Is there any sort of consensus about the best after market pads to convert the Sine to over ear and keep the sound signature intact? 

As for pads, there is no best pad without the plastic adapters, or the Vesperaudio pads wich must be custom ordered.

The three top pads are Vesperaudio, AudioTechnica, and aftermarket AudioTechnica pads, (not necessarily in that order either)..

I still waiting on the new type plastic adapters to try..

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #3,120 of 4,783
hi
i've talked to vesper audio and the built their pads on request, wih materials , size and thickness as you wish.

so if we have some owner's feedback, we need these informations...

I'm currently running and HM5 angled for a couple of days, confort is way better. I'm still analysing the equalisation modification on my LPG.
+1Db bump at 200 and 500 hz, size 0.3 for the moment.

and a big down at 10500hz from -2Db to -5Db, size 0.5 depending on recording taste and quality.
0 to -2Db at 7500.
I do that even with the original sine pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back