Audeze SINE Series
Oct 7, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #2,717 of 4,774
Just received my Sines yesterday and like them a lot.  I plan on using them mostly with my laptop which I carry in a soft sided briefcase. Do most of you guys who use these on the go for the most part  plug the connectors into the headphones  every time you listen and then unplug them to store  in the bag that came with them?  Seems like a pain to connect and disconnect all the time and that angled connector isn't the easiest and not sure of the durability doing that?  I'm also concerned about just jamming them into  the bag with the cables still connected.  You almost have to put them in the bag upside down if you  leave the cables connected.  Any thoughts / advice?

I think I read where guys were buying the EL-8 case, does that work out better?  Thanks!

Oct 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,718 of 4,774
  Just received my Sines yesterday and like them a lot.  I plan on using them mostly with my laptop which I carry in a soft sided briefcase. Do most of you guys who use these on the go for the most part  plug the connectors into the headphones  every time you listen and then unplug them to store  in the bag that came with them?  Seems like a pain to connect and disconnect all the time and that angled connector isn't the easiest and not sure of the durability doing that?  I'm also concerned about just jamming them into  the bag with the cables still connected.  You almost have to put them in the bag upside down if you  leave the cables connected.  Any thoughts / advice?

I think I read where guys were buying the EL-8 case, does that work out better?  Thanks!

I use the EL-8 case. I can put the headphones in without removing the cable. I didn't like the bag at all, because it is prone to causing scratches on the earcups and does not protect the headphones at all.

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,720 of 4,774
Oct 8, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #2,721 of 4,774

Just got 2 sets of leather pads from Vesper Audio wowowowWOW!!

Those pads look really nice! How big is the opening for the ear on the on-ear Vesper pads compared to the stock Sine pads? Can you please compare the sound and comfort of the on-ear vesper pads with the over-ear vesper pads?

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2,722 of 4,774
  Those pads look really nice! How big is the opening for the ear on the on-ear Vesper pads compared to the stock Sine pads? Can you please compare the sound and comfort of the on-ear vesper pads with the over-ear vesper pads?

Working out of town all this weekend, and I lost my stock pads in the mail, so I can't compare them with anything. I never got over ear Vesper pads.

I'm traveling with these pads now and I *think* they sound better than the stock pads. Comfort is a personal thing, and the stock pads never bothered me comfort wise. These pads are thicker than the stock pads though. 

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #2,723 of 4,774

Working out of town all this weekend, and I lost my stock pads in the mail, so I can't compare them with anything. I never got over ear Vesper pads.

I'm traveling with these pads now and I *think* they sound better than the stock pads. Comfort is a personal thing, and the stock pads never bothered me comfort wise. These pads are thicker than the stock pads though. 

Your 2nd set of pads looks like over-ears. I guess they are just thicker (3cm?). I think I am going to order a set of on-ear, 2cm thick pads.

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #2,724 of 4,774
Your 2nd set of pads looks like over-ears. I guess they are just thicker (3cm?). I think I am going to order a set of on-ear, 2cm thick pads.

the 2cm thick leather pads are definitely the best sounding ones I've tried so far.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #2,725 of 4,774
Received my Sine headphones...initial impressions:

So comfortable. Took a bit for me to get accustomed to on-ear as i have never owned a pair. Once I figured out how to position them on my ears they were great.

this will be very brief as I've only listened for a couple of hours

via cypher from iPhone6..pretty good. I like the EQ app to adjust to my taste
via Mojo from iPhone6... Really good, bigger sound, great separation & clarity.
via Schiit stack bimby/lyr... Ok this is fantastic.

I clearly need a lot more time with these cans but I'm very impressed with them and look forward to how they sound with some burn in hours.

Highly recommend

Oct 10, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #2,727 of 4,774
Just received my pair from RazorDog today.. so far not bad.

1. Comfort is not bad, better than I expected.

2. Bass is pretty good, not fantastic but accurate and fast enough

3. Mids and treble are about right (seems to have some upper mid and lower treble peeks)

4. Overall it seems to be a pretty forward sounding headphone with decent separation and imaging even if the soundstage is a bit small.

Anyways, I will be using my set when I am out and about, at the gym and maybe at work.. most if the time it will be hooked up to my Mojo.

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #2,728 of 4,774
So I have had my Sine with the 3.5 adapter for a few months and have been as patient as possible waiting for the release of the cipher cable...... To no luck, decided to purchase a model with the cipher cable and then sell the model with the 3.5 to help make up the cipher cable model purchase, so right now I have 2 sines and thought I would do a side by side. Obviously there is an improvement overall with the cipher cable,

However, with one song I noticed distortion starting at 10 seconds to about 14 seconds into the song only when using the cipher cable, Thought it might be the new headphones, so I switched out to the 3.5 mm and there was no distortion. Here is the strange part, played the song on YouTube using the cipher cable and no distortion. So I am thinking this is a Spotify issue. But how can there be no distortion using the 3.5 cable on Spotify but there is Distortion using the cipher on Spotify. I have my streming quality set on extreme.

Can anyone explain this? I have not heard any distortion on any other Spotify songs yet,

By the way when I talk about distortion the best way I can explain the sound is crumpling of a plastic bag, as if there is a tear in the driver film and its vibrating at a certain frequency.

Also... Checked both headphones and same issue, so I do not feel it's a headphone thing, could I possibly have a bad cipher cable?

Song: Horse Feathers- Thisled Spring,

Thanks,
James

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #2,729 of 4,774
So I have had my Sine with the 3.5 adapter for a few months and have been as patient as possible waiting for the release of the cipher cable...... To no luck, decided to purchase a model with the cipher cable and then sell the model with the 3.5 to help make up the cipher cable model purchase, so right now I have 2 sines and thought I would do a side by side. Obviously there is an improvement overall with the cipher cable,

However, with one song I noticed distortion starting at 10 seconds to about 14 seconds into the song only when using the cipher cable, Thought it might be the new headphones, so I switched out to the 3.5 mm and there was no distortion. Here is the strange part, played the song on YouTube using the cipher cable and no distortion. So I am thinking this is a Spotify issue. But how can there be no distortion using the 3.5 cable on Spotify but there is Distortion using the cipher on Spotify. I have my streming quality set on extreme.

Can anyone explain this? I have not heard any distortion on any other Spotify songs yet,

By the way when I talk about distortion the best way I can explain the sound is crumpling of a plastic bag, as if there is a tear in the driver film and its vibrating at a certain frequency.

Also... Checked both headphones and same issue, so I do not feel it's a headphone thing, could I possibly have a bad cipher cable?

Song: Horse Feathers- Thisled Spring,

Thanks,
James

It may be an issue with the cipher. However I did some very basic measurements between the two, and the cipher has a limiter that kicks in about -6dBFS, and has about 3dB bass boost over the 3.5mm.

What volume setting where you using? If it was in the top 3 steps on a non European iPhone the limiter may be operating.

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #2,730 of 4,774
It may be an issue with the cipher. However I did some very basic measurements between the two, and the cipher has a limiter that kicks in about -6dBFS, and has about 3dB bass boost over the 3.5mm.

What volume setting where you using? If it was in the top 3 steps on a non European iPhone the limiter may be operating.

I am in the US and I am listening at 6 notches below max.

If it is the cipher cable. I wonder if Audeze will allow me to exchange it for another considering though that I purchased it off of EBay and do not have a receipt from original purchase.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back